Limo From The Airport?

Limos can be arranged in the baggage reclaim hall - you can't miss them though they are fairly expensive (several times the cost of a taxi).

Public taxis are available immediately outside the terminal - clearly signposted as you come out of the baggage hall.

Edit: Sorry Sam, just reread your post - the 'limos' as Thais know them are just normal cars - I have had a BMW 7 series before but paid a bit more for it.

Edited by Orac

• 1 month later...
Limos can be arranged in the baggage reclaim hall - you can't miss them though they are fairly expensive (several times the cost of a taxi).

Public taxis are available immediately outside the terminal - clearly signposted as you come out of the baggage hall.

How much roughly is a taxi into Central Bangkok? We'll be going to Siam Square. Are these fixed-rate taxis?

• 2 weeks later...

The OP asked specifically for limo service.

As mentioned, the closest you will get from the airport is a BMW 7-series. This is from AOT's own service, yellow desks inside the baggage claim halls and outside the exits from the baggage claim areas; staff wear yellow blazers. I took the 7 Beemer once to Pattaya with my heavily pregnant wife and it was worth every penny!

As to getting something more exclusive like a 'stretched' Lincoln Town Car, SUV or similar, you are pretty much left to pot-luck with a web search as "Limo's" in the western sense are an unknown affectation in LOS. Image limo used to tout a 7-seater 'stretch' but it's no longer offered.

• 1 month later...
The OP asked specifically for limo service.

As mentioned, the closest you will get from the airport is a BMW 7-series. This is from AOT's own service, yellow desks inside the baggage claim halls and outside the exits from the baggage claim areas; staff wear yellow blazers. I took the 7 Beemer once to Pattaya with my heavily pregnant wife and it was worth every penny!

As to getting something more exclusive like a 'stretched' Lincoln Town Car, SUV or similar, you are pretty much left to pot-luck with a web search as "Limo's" in the western sense are an unknown affectation in LOS. Image limo used to tout a 7-seater 'stretch' but it's no longer offered.

Any idea how much the 7 series costs ??

AOT carry into town (3 years ago) used to cost B1200.

At that time the BMW 730 Li was about B3000.

I'm guessing its still something similar.

Regarding limo's a-la-hollywood style; I've only ever seen old ones.

Also, aren't they a little 'chavy' now? (A Hen parties preferred mode of transport to the local ritzy nightclub!)....

Also, aren't they a little 'chavy' now? (A Hen parties preferred mode of transport to the local ritzy nightclub!)....

• 5 weeks later...

There's probably another place for me to have this rant but this will do

AOT - what a scam this mob are. I go in and out of BKK on business pretty frequently. Usually I can't bebother going out and waiting in the taxi queue so just grab a car from AOT. I always ask for aTEANA or one of the less expensive cars. The AOT staff are always trying to get me into a more expensive Benz usually with the line of 'all other car not here Sir, only Lot Benz'. OK so last week the aiport was packed for some reason so i relented and ordered the Benz on the proviso that they definitely had one available because that is often another probelm. They sell you the deal and then you get outside and no cars available. Well guess what,,,,, I got outside and there was a group of about 40 people waiting for a car. I went back inside and went ballistic - got my refund and stood at their counter for ten minutes informing people of the situation - bacuase the AOT were continuing to book non-exitent cars! I then went upstairs to departures and got a cab home for B500. I know I know - it is my choice BUT F@!#%k - really. This is the OFFICIAL limo service. a complete scam. There, that feels better. Might just pop out and have a cuppa.

What's the sam? You couldn't wait for a car, you got a refund, and then you took a cab. Boo <deleted>' hoo.

read the post again Dufus - the scam is indicating that vehicles are available when clearly they are not. Yeah I got my refund and won't use the service again. My choice. Boo <deleted> hoo to you too

I agree with Mr Barrett about the high speed driving. Like all third-world taxi drivers, the Thais think it's good service to drive as fast as possible, which is OK in the public taxis but quite alarming in anything with a bit of performance (especially when you know that the driver probably believes in reincarnation). I stick to the standard taxis just to feel safer.

Never had a problem with AOT speeders whereas the odd 'taxi meter' boy-racer got my attention. In either case, you are the customer and you tell them to slow down and in my experience that ALWAYS works. Speak up at the time and stop whining after the fact!

I have never, ever had AOT Limo try and 'sell' me a car they never had or force me to use a more expensive model. Some staff will point at the top of the line car but all you do is pick the one within your budget.

1200 baht or US$36 for a 25 minute London-style cab ride into town is pretty good value for money IMHO. If you want to pay 300 baht or less than 10 bucks and dick with toll fees, tips, dodgy aircon, drivers trying to sell you massages, girls or boys and white-knuckle flyers, knock yourself out.

BTW, The AOT limo desks have gone from the baggage claim areas and are now located immediately outside of the baggage claim exit doors A, B and C. Also their uniform is no longer yellow (tired of the association?) and now blue t-shirts for the girls and gray ones for the lads that wheel your cart/bags to the car.