All The Rumours Ultra Thread

Jimjim

GBP12 million Crouchy for Spurs, werent him and Defeo dreadful together?

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport...12m-Crouch.html

Sunderland fans must be over the moon his Miss's didnt fancy the shopping in Sunderland, Ol' Roy Keane had a few choice words to say about this breed of player last year.

Good old Arry, always seems to go for Players he's signed before for some strange reason..

Wonder why that could be ??? :)

:D

Old drinking buddies are hard to replace?

Especially when they come with brown envelopes.

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Real Madrid To Close €35m Xabi Alonso Deal With Liverpool - Report

Xabi will be a Galactico in the next few hours, says the Spanish press… 23 Jul 2009 06:59:44

Reports have emerged in Spain speculating that Real Madrid are within a matter of hours of completing the signing of Xabi Alonso from Liverpool.

It is not, however, the capital-owned dailies that are making the assumptions, but Barcelona-based Sport, which believes that Los Blancos have decided to table a fresh €35 million offer that the Merseysiders have accepted.

The Anfield outfit, lead by the uncompromising Rafa Benitez, had initially refused to budge on their €38m asking price, while the ‘White House’ were unwilling to offer any more than €27m.

But the newspaper claims that both clubs have decided to put an end to their impasse, which led Madrid to make their €35m bid, expected to be a take-it-or-leave-it proposal, last night.

The Merengues' sporting director, Miguel Pardeza, had said of Xabi, “He would be very good for us because he would bring balance.

“The transfer market has turned the creative midfielders into an extinct species. The very few who are left are either highly valuable or impossible to prise away from their clubs.

“We’re not signing him just for the sake of signing him. I wish there were more alternatives to Xabi, but the market does not offer any.”

Sport then went on to point out that Alonso sat out Liverpool's friendly with Thailand last night because the Reds wanted to prevent any injuries that could scupper the deal, although the club argued that the midfielder was carrying a niggle

David Trezeguet: Chase is on for £5M Legend -

Worth a Gamble for Liverpool, Manchester United, Arsenal or Spurs?

community.footballpools.com

David TrezeguetAC Milan are leading the chase this summer one of the most consistent scorers in Europe over the past 12 seasons. David Trezeguet is set to end his 9-year stay at Juventus with a move away. The 31-year-old is being touted with a move away from the club this summer with his agent suggesting Old Trafford was the perfect destination. However, there are a number of English clubs who could see the Frenchman as the ambitious big name signing their team needs.

AC Milan coach Leonardo has confirmed the club are in talks and that he is a big admirer of the striker. He told Sky Italia, “I don’t know at what point talks are at but Trezeguet is definitely an extraordinary player.”

There are few strikers in Europe with the record that Trezeguet possesses. After all, he has scored double figures in league goals in 9 of his last 12 seasons. This includes six of his nine seasons in Italy in one of the most difficult leagues to score in.

Trezeguet’s record for the club is impressive. He has scored a total of 131 goals in 226 league games in Italy (195 starts). That makes him the highest ever non-Italian goal scorer for the famous old club and the 6th highest scorer in Juventus history. He has suffered from a number of injuries throughout his career which has held him back from being even higher up the list. This was the case last season when a groin injury kept him out for virtually the entire season leaving him with 1 goal in just 8 league appearances with six of those appearances coming from the bench.

The 2008/09 season may have been one to forget but the 2007/08 season was a great campaign for the Frenchman as Trezeguet finished 2nd top scorer on Juventus’ return to Serie A. If any club is looking for a player with a proven pedigree, there are few better available. The list of silverware Trezeguet has won is highly impressive to say the least. He won the World Cup with France in 1998 and the European Championship in 2000. The French league title in 1997 and 2000, the Italian league title in 2002 and 2003 plus the Serie B title in 2007. He has also won the Italian Super Cup on two occasions in both 2002 and 2003. Individually he was top Serie A scorer and Footballer of the Year in 2002.

The French star also has a superb international record of 34 goals in just 71 caps but has since retired from the side after being left out of the Euro 2008 squad by Raymond Domenech. Trezeguet did score the winning golden goal in France’s Euro 2000 triumph but suffered from missing a crucial penalty kick in the shoot-out 2006 World Cup final defeat to Italy.

At 31 and with a poor injury record of late he may be seen as an expensive gamble for a number of sides but if he can maintain his fitness there are few better predators in world football. Therefore he’d be an excellent acquisition for a number of Premier League sides in need of more firepower. After all, a record of 183 goals in 318 league appearances for both Monaco and Juventus marks him down as one of the current goal scoring greats.

The player’s agent Antonio Caliendo has declared last week, “As for Trezeguet, Manchester United are a possibility that must not be underestimated. He would be useful for United.”

To be fair a fit confident Trezeguet would be ‘useful’ for a number of Premier League sides. Manchester United still need attacking cover with Owen, Rooney and Berbatov their only trio of top class proven strikers. For a reported fee of £5m they could bring the Frenchman in as a short-term signing to maintain the competition for places without splashing out too much on unproven talent. Sir Alex Ferguson has shown he is pragmatic enough to sign players like Henrik Larsson to fulfil roles within the squad and Trezeguet could certainly do a job. The Frenchman may not offer too much outside of the box but he is without a doubt a natural finisher and would be sure of chances at United.

Arsene Wenger has been linked to his compatriot on numerous occasions over the years but is unlikely to make a move given the player’s age. However, for a relatively small fee he would bring in a proven quality finisher allowing his younger stars more time to mature into the striker’s role.

Juventus Legend on the MoveRafa Benitez needs to bring in an alternative striker to main man Fernando Torres but is reportedly lacking the funds to compete for the big names being touted around. However for a mere £5m, Liverpool could bring in a proven quality finisher to provide back up to the Spanish hitman. Of course this would be a relatively short-term signing but if Trezeguet scored the goals that guaranteed a long awaited Premier League title then surely it would be money well spent.

Tottenham remain in the hunt for more strikers with Darren Bent, Robbie Keane and Roman Pavlyuchenko all linked with moves away and the Frenchman would provide both the glamour and goal scoring instincts to provide Jermain Defoe with competition. However, clubs such as Aston Villa and Sunderland also have the necessary financial clout to tempt Trezeguet to these shores. In the case of the Black Cats, a natural scorer would work particularly well in tandem with the likes of Kenwyne Jones.

Despite his age and recent injury track record, would you like your club to take a gamble on the French striker? Let’s hear your views.

redrus

Xabi will be a Galactico in the next few hours, says the Spanish press… 23 Jul 2009 06:59:44

Sport then went on to point out that Alonso sat out Liverpool's friendly with Thailand last night because the Reds wanted to prevent any injuries that could scupper the deal, although the club argued that the midfielder was carrying a niggle

I witnessed first hand Alonso slipped and tweaked his ankle, just on the thin yellow rain grid on the inside of the track it was still wet from some earlier rain.

So makes sense not to play him against Thailand, whether he is going or staying only Rafa and Madrid know and I hope we get some confirmed news either way very soon.

See my pics from the training session I was at, after Alonso hobbled back to sit down and talk to the physio and pointing to where he slipped.

post-48660-1248423428_thumb.jpg

post-48660-1248423465_thumb.jpg

I witnessed first hand Alonso slipped and tweaked his ankle, just on the thin yellow rain grid on the inside of the track it was still wet from some earlier rain.

So makes sense not to play him against Thailand, whether he is going or staying only Rafa and Madrid know and I hope we get some confirmed news either way very soon.

See my pics from the training session I was at, after Alonso hobbled back to sit down and talk to the physio and pointing to where he slipped.

When you retire, you could take up a part time job as Pappa Razzi Devil - or stalker. jk :)

When you retire, you could take up a part time job as Pappa Razzi Devil - or stalker. jk :)

:D

after Alonso hobbled back to sit down and talk to the physio and pointing to where he slipped.

So the physio could tell the naughty bit of grass off like his mummy used to! :D

lol, yep footballers are a bit pampered, but think it was more of a case of the Physio asking, You haven't even kicked a ball yet and your injured? how did you do it. :)

I don't know why I care about Mido so much but just seen a report he's been sold by Middlesbrough to an unidentified club. They probably sold him to his mother but to save face they used that term, ha ha.

I don't know why I care about Mido so much but just seen a report he's been sold by Middlesbrough to an unidentified club.

Hull or Blackburn, I reckon

Probably Hull with the luck Phil Brown has been having in the transfer market.

Kolo Toure to Man City, Arbeloa to Real Madrid, both confirmed.

With Ibrahimovic to Barcelona (valued 45 million Euros higher than Eto'o, surprisingly, guess it's all about length of remaining contracts these days) and Eto'o to Inter Milan, Hleb was supposed to be on loan at Inter but has rejected the move and may go to Germany.

Also, Alex Ferguson is set to be swapped with Mark Hughes as he'd prefer to go to another stupid and arrogant club but with more money...

Newcastle accept GBP9 million from Wolfsburg for Obafemi Martins.

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,12874_5460600,00.html

Surprised no English clubs taken a punt on him, hes certainly better then Crouch who went for a similar amount.

Really? Certainly better than Crouch?

Last season: Martins 8 goals in 25 games = 1 goal per every 3.2 games

Crouch 16 goals in 41 games = 1 goal in per every 2.5 games

Certainly better? I'd say they're comparable, really. Also read elsewhere that Martins' goals per chances ratio was quite low this last season as well.

Considering the money theyre spending theyre not getting the best of the best like Chelsea did when they done a similar thing.

chelsea got ripped off plenty in the early days. ferreira, del horno, tiago, diarra, wright-phillips and kezman were among mourinho's first signings and could hardly be called the 'best of the best'. the best signing mourinho made, essien, was massively over-priced at the time too.

Newcastle accept GBP9 million from Wolfsburg for Obafemi Martins.

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,12874_5460600,00.html

Surprised no English clubs taken a punt on him, hes certainly better then Crouch who went for a similar amount.

Really? Certainly better than Crouch?

Last season: Martins 8 goals in 25 games = 1 goal per every 3.2 games

Crouch 16 goals in 41 games = 1 goal in per every 2.5 games

Certainly better? I'd say they're comparable, really. Also read elsewhere that Martins' goals per chances ratio was quite low this last season as well.

Martins had to create whatever chances he got himself the team had no creative midfielder, Martins wasnt the best last season but is twice the player of Crouch.

IMO the reason players like Crouch go to so many teams is because theyre crap, if they were any good the manager would do all he could to keep him. David Platt was a fine example of this theory!

Edited by sanmiguellight

Considering the money theyre spending theyre not getting the best of the best like Chelsea did when they done a similar thing.

chelsea got ripped off plenty in the early days. ferreira, del horno, tiago, diarra, wright-phillips and kezman were among mourinho's first signings and could hardly be called the 'best of the best'. the best signing mourinho made, essien, was massively over-priced at the time too.

Yes they bought crap but there were some players who were top of their game that im sure Real, Man U Barca would have wanted like A Cole, Drogba, Carvelho, Ballack and as you mentioned Essien.

Id go as far to say that not one of the players ManCity have bought would be wanted by any of them.

Youve also missed Crespo and the talentless but ever so pricey Veron.

Edited by sanmiguellight

I agree essien was over priced at the time but would love to have him at united a brilliant player.

£15m for kolo toure is mental. his best years are well behind him.

Come on Stevie!!!!!!!!!

28yrs old. He is at his peak.

I think he is a great player. Last year there were problems with Gallas throwing his dolly out of the pram, maybe Toure didnt have a great season.

I think he will have a great year this season. Now if we can just persuade his brother............................ :)

Edited by JacknDanny

Also, Alex Ferguson is set to be swapped with Mark Hughes as he'd prefer to go to another stupid and arrogant club but with more money...

Hang on a minute Panyo. Who you calling a stupid club. Man City and Liverpool have always had what i thought to be a pretty decent relationship. But you've taken a few swipes at us now about being arrogant etc. Mark Hughes has acted with 100% dignity and not been drawn into petty arguments even when provoked by old red nose. So tell me, where does this view of us being stupid and arrogant come from?

Hang on a minute Panyo. Who you calling a stupid club. Man City and Liverpool have always had what i thought to be a pretty decent relationship. But you've taken a few swipes at us now about being arrogant etc. Mark Hughes has acted with 100% dignity and not been drawn into petty arguments even when provoked by old red nose. So tell me, where does this view of us being stupid and arrogant come from?

They are worried BJ.

Yes they bought crap but there were some players who were top of their game that im sure Real, Man U Barca would have wanted like A Cole, Drogba, Carvelho, Ballack and as you mentioned Essien.

Id go as far to say that not one of the players ManCity have bought would be wanted by any of them.

Youve also missed Crespo and the talentless but ever so pricey Veron.

cole and ballack were much later in the 'project' and i think crespo and veron were signed by ranieri weren't they? i was going off mourinho's first full close-season which is the best gauge to judge hughes by.

I agree essien was over priced at the time but would love to have him at united a brilliant player.

oh aye, he's a beast of a player. aulas the lyons chairman just did well getting such a massive fee for a player from the french league.

Come on Stevie!!!!!!!!!

28yrs old. He is at his peak.

I think he is a great player. Last year there were problems with Gallas throwing his dolly out of the pram, maybe Toure didnt have a great season.

I think he will have a great year this season. Now if we can just persuade his brother............................ :)

toure's been going downhill past few years JND. the pace and athleticism that were his strongest points have waned.

liverpool have always had a good relationship with city really, enemy of my enemy and all that. i've a lot of time for hughes and it's unfair to say that city are stupid and arrogant at this point. well, apart from that bell garry cook anyway.