Visa For Stay Thailand Long Time

Hello guys,

I would like to tell something about myself.

I'm 21 years old from The Netherlands, married with a thai lady in february 2009. Shes living near Phetchabun with her parents. I'm missing her too much.

Now im planning to go in January 2010 to THailand with the idea to go live there with my wife, I will stay with her in her home of her parents, after if we have good money we can make a house there! I have got € 25.000,-- for a investment in order that we receive money every month (I will not be working there, so no need for a work visa). I will invest in a Internet shop and something else which her dad go use for work. I guess 30.000 B up in the beginning would not be a problem every month.

Now my question is how am I going to manage my visa for my stay in Thailand with my wife? Guy(s) who can help me getting a visa or give me good information how to do this will surerely not be forgotten.

Thanks in advance,

Kind regards,

Koek

From the consulate in Amsterdam you can get a multiple non-O immgrant visa, with that viasa you would be good for about 15 months. Just show your marriage certificate, I presume you did get married at the amphur. Otherwise you don't have a legal marriage.

(The visa is valid for 12 year and allows you during that time to travel to Thiland for as mny times as you want, but not to stay longer then 90 days at once. By leaving and re-entering just before the visa expires you would get another 90 days and so almost 15 months out of the visa).

In Thailand you can get an extension of stay from immigration for 1 year, if you can show either 400,000 baht in a Thai bankaccount in your name for at least 2 months or a monthly income of 40,000 baht a month.

For working you will need a work permit, for an investement not. An income from investement in thailand of 30,000 a month seems a bit high.

You have two choices.

A one year extension of stay applied for at immigration here. For this you would need to show 40,000 baht income per month or 400,000 baht in a Thai bank account for 2 months. If you choose this option you should get a single entry non-o before traveling.

Or get a multiple entry non-o visa visa to visit your wife. You would have to make border runs every 90 days. The visa would be valid for one year but by doing a border run just before it expires you would get almost 15 months of stay before you have to get a new visa.

You can get either visa at the consulate in Amsterdam by just showing your marriage certtificate (plus copy) and a copy of your wifes ID card or passport photo page.

For working you will need a work permit, for an investement not. An income from investement in thailand of 30,000 a month seems a bit high.

30% return if all he has is 25k euro; when banks pay .5%. Needless to say there is scant chance. Plus he has no intent to work so no chance to build upon it or meet visa requirements for extension of stay or residence. No medical or retirement or social security.

I was dumb at 21 too. But you really need to do the math and figure out the odds of this working out for either of you for more than a short time. You are very likely to have nothing in short order.

Edited by lopburi3

From the consulate in Amsterdam you can get a multiple non-O immgrant visa, with that viasa you would be good for about 15 months. Just show your marriage certificate, I presume you did get married at the amphur. Otherwise you don't have a legal marriage.

(The visa is valid for 12 year and allows you during that time to travel to Thiland for as mny times as you want, but not to stay longer then 90 days at once. By leaving and re-entering just before the visa expires you would get another 90 days and so almost 15 months out of the visa).

In Thailand you can get an extension of stay from immigration for 1 year, if you can show either 400,000 baht in a Thai bankaccount in your name for at least 2 months or a monthly income of 40,000 baht a month.

12 months. :)

30% return if all he has is 25k euro; when banks pay .5%. Needless to say there is scant chance. Plus he has no intent to work so no chance to build upon it or meet visa requirements for extension of stay or residence. No medical or retirement or social security.

I was dumb at 21 too. But you really need to do the math and figure out the odds of this working out for either of you for more than a short time. You are very likely to have nothing in short order.

Well i would love to work there in order to get more money, but i assume its too hard to get a working visa. The 30.000b a month isnt too high, thanks for telling me, but just assume that its easy possible.

Well i would love to work there in order to get more money, but i assume its too hard to get a working visa. The 30.000b a month isnt too high, thanks for telling me, but just assume that its easy possible.

There is such visa called a working visa. You can get a work permit with the extension of stay or the visa I suggested. All you need is job or start you own business. Being married to a Thai gives you a few advantages when it comes to setting up a business and getting a work permit.

If you have the extension already all you need is a work permit so you don't have to worry about all the requirements needed to get an extension based upon employment. Even being able to get a multiple entry visa is an advantage over having to get one for working.

So what type of job do you have in mind? :D .....In LOS, lots of jobs are reserved for local only. :)

12 months. :D

And I did have coffee this morning.

Sorry :)

Being happily married to a Thai wife myself I'm not the first one to start telling people to be careful about Thai people etc, etc. But your prospects here of realising this figure are just very, very, very slim. This is more a case of wishful thinking then a realistic scenario.

In Thailand you never invest more money then you can walk away from.

Being happily married to a Thai wife myself I'm not the first one to start telling people to be careful about Thai people etc, etc. But your prospects here of realising this figure are just very, very, very slim. This is more a case of wishful thinking then a realistic scenario.

In Thailand you never invest more money then you can walk away from.

I will invest € 25.000 EUR man same as 1.200.000 Bath. A internet cafe will get 15.000b a month UP and my other investment which not everyone has to know will generate 25.000b up a month.

30.000b a month will not be too much, get real.

So I would have to get a multiple non-O visa first? And make border runs every 90 days? Whats the price of every border run?

After this multiple non-O is finished for 1 year, I could get a extension of stay for another 1 year? I only have to show 400.000 in a bank account? And after this 1 year has finished you could do this again and again, and no need to leave the country every 3 months??

Edited by koekenbakkerr

So I would have to get a multiple non-O visa first? And make border runs every 90 days? Whats the price of every border run?

After this multiple non-O is finished for 1 year, I could get a extension of stay for another 1 year? I only have to show 400.000 in a bank account? And after this 1 year has finished you could do this again and again, and no need to leave the country every 3 months??

You can get a single non-O with wich you would get an initial 90 days, during the last 30 days you go to immigration together with your wife and a lot of papers, including proof you have 400,000 baht for 2 months at a bankaccount in your name in Thailand. You can then get a 1 year extension and every next year. With an extension there is no need to leave the country every 90 days.

The reason I suggested a multiple is because you seemed to determined to invest all your 25,000 Euro and a multiple would give you some more time befor you would be required to show the 400,000 in the bank or income of 40,000 a month.

You can get a single non-O with wich you would get an initial 90 days, during the last 30 days you go to immigration together with your wife and a lot of papers, including proof you have 400,000 baht for 2 months at a bankaccount in your name in Thailand. You can then get a 1 year extension and every next year. With an extension there is no need to leave the country every 90 days.

The reason I suggested a multiple is because you seemed to determined to invest all your 25,000 Euro and a multiple would give you some more time befor you would be required to show the 400,000 in the bank or income of 40,000 a month.

I appreciate your help and affort mate, really!

Yes your suggestion about the mutiple is really good, since im investing all my money, I wont be able to show 400.000b after 2 and a half months. 15 months on the multipe visa will give me some time to get some more funds in my bank.

So I should get the multiple entry at the ambassy in Amsterdam, showing my marry papers? They dont care if you just married 1 year ago (hope so)? With this visa I will be leaving thai every 90 days for re entry and the maximum is 15 months after this I will have to go for the 1 year extention of stay and showing my bank account of 400.000. If you are able to show this amount, they will not make any problems?

Im just telling you this because i wanna make things clear to myself, if I understood correctly since my english is not that good.

Thanks in advance.

I'm Dutch too. On the forum we only use English however, but it seems you understood me perfectly. If you realy don't understand something and can say it in English you can send me a PM.

Just go to the consulate in Amsterdam with the marriage certificate, (a copy of your wife's ID and household registration book would help but is not realy required). You can always give them a call first. They aere very friendly there.

It doesn't matter that you are just married. And for the extension they will not make any problems, as long as you have the required money in the bank.

I'm Dutch too. On the forum we only use English however, but it seems you understood me perfectly. If you realy don't understand something and can say it in English you can send me a PM.

Just go to the consulate in Amsterdam with the marriage certificate, (a copy of your wife's ID and household registration book would help but is not realy required). You can always give them a call first. They aere very friendly there.

It doesn't matter that you are just married. And for the extension they will not make any problems, as long as you have the required money in the bank.

Dear Mario, ive send u a pm :)

<br /><br />I will invest € 25.000 EUR man same as 1.200.000 Bath. A internet cafe will get 15.000b a month UP and my other investment which not everyone has to know will generate 25.000b up a month.<br /><br />30.000b a month will not be too much, get real.<br />
<br /><br />You seem so sure of your income but dont know the visa rules ! My suggestion to you is to be very careful. As said earlier, never invest any more in Thailand than you can afford to walk away from..and then think who's name that investment is in. Personally I dont think 1.2M Baht is very much and as for internet cafe's come tour shops there are 100's closing down every day in the current economic climate. Good luck anyway.

21 years young, get some experience first, around 500 Thai girls just abt right, the most the matters is to make sure your validly of stay in the Kingdom, sorry but have say, you have around 0,05% to succeed.

IMHO I suggest you forget coming to live in Thailand, but rather take your wife back to Holland for a few years, as you can earn a great deal more money there, and once you start with a family they will have a better upbringing and education!

Good luck young man! :):D

21 years young, get some experience first, around 500 Thai girls just abt right, the most the matters is to make sure your validly of stay in the Kingdom, sorry but have say, you have around 0,05% to succeed.

0,05% to succeed, because of what? Any bad experience yourself?

I appreciate all the help of you guys, but I am not here to hear any Mom's advice or whatsoever. You don't know the girl nor the story.

Im here with my questions regarding my visa.

Edited by koekenbakkerr