Where To Buy Warm Clothes

dee_jai_maak_maak

Gazza..I reckon she would need something more than that to get her through an english winter. Couple of mink coats and maybe one of those hats the Russians wear, for starters.

Fair point. And I reckon she would look great in a Russian hat. Not sure about the mink coat though. :o

I would rather she bought everything she needed in Thailand if she could. LOS is a ###### sight cheaper than UK, and I can't imagine where they would stock clothes in her size over here. :D

Gazza..I reckon she would need something more than that to get her through an english winter. Couple of mink coats and maybe one of those hats the Russians wear, for starters.

This is why I said "till you get her out shopping in the UK".

She'll be getting off the airplane into an airport and presumably then into heated transport to the OP's home. So something considered warm until the OP can buy something decent, to me, would be better.

Thais just don't know what cold weather really is. If she underestimates what cold weather is really like, then she could be wasting the OP's money buying something expensive and useless here.

My 40 y/o sister is of very small build and she's never had any problem getting clothes. (OK, some sweaters look baggy on her but she likes loose fitting clothes to hide the fat) :D

OP, if she's only going for a short holiday then just ask a relative or friend to borrow a good heavy coat. Surely there'd be no need to worry about fashion statements or whatever.

You should see what my wife used to wear whenever we went to Japan during their winters. Donkey jacket and army camo trousers. :D They kept her warm though and she only ever complained about her hands, feet and nose being cold. :o

there's one of those factory outlet shops near me (ratchayothin) its good because it stocks genuine international brands at really low prices. Thats where I went to buy things for myself and my ex-girlfriend when we went back to the uk. I also arranged for someone of a similar build to her to lend her a few things on arrival as there's no point buying loads of expensive gear if she's only going to wear it for 2 weeks and come back.

Also be sure to remind her that she will need a few bags of chilli to bring with her to smother over everything in a vain attempt to ad taste to it.

Thanks for all the suggestions, guys.

I'll get her to pick up a sweater or two in BKK, and I'll have some warm clothes waiting for her at the airport.

As Gazza pinted out, Thais seem to have no real comprehension of cold. She thinks a long-sleeved shirt will suffice to wear in the UK!! :o Luckily, her sister has been to the UK before, so she can make sure she buys suitable garments.

Withnail, very wise words about the food. Now, how do I explain to her what a pie is?!! :D

Thanks for all the suggestions, guys.

I'll get her to pick up a sweater or two in BKK, and I'll have some warm clothes waiting for her at the airport.

As Gazza pinted out, Thais seem to have no real comprehension of cold. She thinks a long-sleeved shirt will suffice to wear in the UK!!  :o  Luckily, her sister has been to the UK before, so she can make sure she buys suitable garments.

Withnail, very wise words about the food. Now, how do I explain to her what a pie is?!! :D

And there's arctic weather and snow forecast from next Monday.........current temp. is a few degs. above freezing..

Also be sure to remind her that she will need a few bags of chilli to bring with her to smother over everything in a vain attempt to ad taste to it.

When the FG went to U.K. last year, she took a 20 pack of ma ma. It was all gone in 7 days. We finally found a food court where they sold Singapore noodles (and where there was a Harry Ramsdens) which sufficed for the rest of the trip.

Try an 'Export' shop, you'll find one in nearly every mall or central.. And there is somewhere near Chinatown, something tower (great help), my misses went there to buy some clothes for a trip to China, can't ask her the name of the tower for that reason, but it was very, very cheap.....

there's one of those factory outlet shops near me (ratchayothin) its good because it stocks genuine international brands at really low prices. Thats where I went to buy things for myself and my ex-girlfriend when we went back to the uk. I also arranged for someone of a similar build to her to lend her a few things on arrival as there's no point buying loads of expensive gear if she's only going to wear it for 2 weeks and come back.

Would you mind posting exact address and directions? Thanks.

Just to let you know, we are bracing ourselves for some serious snow, the forecast this morning said it could last for weeks, hopefully I'll be on a plane by Wednesday.

Wrap her up well, waterproof shoes would be a good idea for when it all gets slushy.

Maybe i'll bring some snow with me to show my Thai friends :-)

Just to let you know, we are bracing ourselves for some serious snow, the forecast this morning said it could last for weeks, hopefully I'll be on a plane by Wednesday.

Wrap her up well, waterproof shoes would be a good idea for when it all gets slushy.

Maybe i'll bring some snow with me to show my Thai friends :-)

I think she'd like to see snow, but I would imagine the novelty would wear off VERY quickly! :o

The camping shop is definitely a good idea, Digger. Cheers.

djmm