Lowering Car Kit

moo9

I wonder why the lowering of a car (by changing coils) is so expensive in Thailand.

I have been quoted for a set around 32,000 Bht. Same set in Europe or the US and even Japan would be max 15,000 Bht.

Funny enough a few shops told be to cut the original coils (go figure!) :-)

Does anyone has more price information on those kits?

Cheers

I wonder why the lowering of a car (by changing coils) is so expensive in Thailand.

I have been quoted for a set around 32,000 Bht. Same set in Europe or the US and even Japan would be max 15,000 Bht.

Cheers

Is the 32K for a coilover set? sounds like that is the coil/shock/strut assembly. Just changing the coils will be about 7000-10000 for a set. I changed mine for 8500 baht with fitting. Adjustable coilovers would be cool, but you still gotta drive them on Thai roads. Race spec would be too stiff for thai roads.

One option it to change the coils and use koni adjustable shocks (about 25000 baht).

Tein coilovers are about 36K baht. Other brands can be more expensive.

Cheers

Is the 32K for a coilover set? sounds like that is the coil/shock/strut assembly. Just changing the coils will be about 7000-10000 for a set. I changed mine for 8500 baht with fitting. Adjustable coilovers would be cool, but you still gotta drive them on Thai roads. Race spec would be too stiff for thai roads.

One option it to change the coils and use koni adjustable shocks (about 25000 baht).

Tein coilovers are about 36K baht. Other brands can be more expensive.

Yeah, those price seem to be reasonable to me. I am lookign for a TEIN S coil set, which is about 250 USD, so 10,000 Baht should be ok. I think the 32,000 Baht was kind of communication problem *lol*

Cheers

The full kit of TEIN SS for Honda Civic cost about 50,000 baht

Thanks that's the full kit, which is at lease 1,200 USD

see this

So the simple coil kit will be a fraction of it. I contacted another shop and still waiting for their offer.

Cheers

Yes just the coils will be much cheaper (<10K). They suit me fine - much lower (bit stiffer), but can corner very fast now with little body roll. And no diving under hard braking. I think the performance more than makes up for the slight increase in stiffness of the springs. What severely changed my ride comfort was changing to low profile tyres (and not so much the springs, which was done after that. So unless you have a high powered car and drive very fast / go to the track, the coilovers aren't really needed - the koni adjustable shocks would be a good supplement though, when your original shocks are gone.