More Airbus Woes - Now Made In China!

jackdanielsesq

In a move that will surely affect Thailand and its neighbors, Airbus SAS today announced its first Made in China A320, as it rolled off the floor. With Air France wreck still 'out there' plus the imminent THAI a380 cancellations, is this not a terrible marketing mistake or are we that fickle and have already forgotten?!

Some of the domestic China travel numbers are frightening!! Read more ............

BR>Jack

June 23 (Bloomberg) -- Airbus SAS, the world’s largest commercial planemaker, rolled out the first aircraft assembled at its China factory as it seeks to win more orders in the world’s second-largest aviation market. The planemaker aims to deliver 10 more A320s this year from its factory at Tianjin, near Beijing, it said in a statement today. Production will be raised to four aircraft a month by the end of 2011 at the plant, Airbus’s first outside Europe. Airbus is competing with Boeing Co. to grab orders in China, counting on sales in emerging markets to help offset slumping demand in the U.S. and Europe. China will probably need 3,238 passenger planes valued at $391.2 billion from 2007 to 2026, according to the Toulouse, France-based planemaker. “A factory in China is a plus for Airbus, but lower prices are still critical to get new orders in the future,” said Li Lei, an analyst at China Securities Co. in Beijing. “The narrow-body A320 is catering to the rising domestic air travel market.”

http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?pid=206...id=aHC23KowSoA4

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry I am lost, why has the decision by Airbus to build in their Tianjin Plant, the A320, the ability to affect Thailand and surrounding countries ???

This makes perfect corporate sense, Tianjin is an Aerospace company, With huge technical support from Airbus they are able to produce this aircraft at a much lower price that the Euro countries. I humbly suggest you put your Jack Daniels down and get yourself into China and travel a number of domestic routes to feel for yourself the boom in air travel in China.

I know, I do at least 4 internal flights a month, and boy has it changed over the last 20 years, modern aircraft good cabin crews and for quite a number of airlines non Chinese captains. Also interesting to see the ever increasing number of small Airbus models in use now, much to the annoyance of Boeing.

A final note, did you read the Boeing explanation for the 2 year delay in the Boeing Dreamliner, this was because they outsourced most of the required components and some of these were from China !! and Boeing couldnt control the logistics !

So maybe Airbus has got it right where Boeing has got it wrong

Actually, i don't see the woes, but just a very smart move. Passenger transport in china is on the upbeat, China now is good for 15% of airbus sales, but they aim at covering the Chinese market for about 50%.

And Jack, you have been bullshitted by Boeing for some time already about where and how they built their planes. They don't turn them out as a pure homeland products anymore, but keep it a bit quiet, not to hurt the patriotic feelings.

I will add a pic/set up of how and where the 787 will be built, or at least the parts.

And just for you jack, they will be fly by wire , and all composite, since you don't want to be moved around the world in an Airbus because of that, you better start thinking about one place to stay, in the near future you will not have much choice anymore. :)

It will be interesting to see how they do on the used market in a decade or so.

I know most of the paramotors made in China are pure crap. Let's hope they do better this time!

Edited by jumnien

In a move that will surely affect Thailand and its neighbors, Airbus SAS today announced its first Made in China A320, as it rolled off the floor. With Air France wreck still 'out there' plus the imminent THAI a380 cancellations, is this not a terrible marketing mistake or are we that fickle and have already forgotten?!

Some of the domestic China travel numbers are frightening!! Read more ............

You're nothing more than a sensationalist, a reporter from a gossip/tabloid magazine worthy; writing non-sense that isn't backed by facts.

What do you base your topic title "More Airbus Woes - Now Made In China!" upon ?

Do you have any inside knowledge that backs your statement ?

:)

LaoPo

You're nothing more than a sensationalist, a reporter from a gossip/tabloid magazine worthy; writing non-sense that isn't backed by facts.

What do you base your topic title "More Airbus Woes - Now Made In China!" upon ?

LaoPo

Don't be too hard with him, if he stop posting who will make me laugh ?

you have to undertand that for him what is not 100 % made in america is crap :D

By th way where is Texpat ? I miss his comments :D

Jack i am a faithful reader of your post, please go on

:D

LaoPo

Yes, agree with you Isanb, Jack is having a very hard time as it is already since almost everything back home is imported, especially from China. :D

It must be the reason he exported himself. He makes me smile too, but is very fast to leave the scene when confronted with evidence of his mistakes.

Texpat was told off in another topic, so he will now be more careful to display him with the Texan style judgemental posts. But I am sure he will be back :) Always good for a laugh !

LaoPo

Yes, agree with you Isanb, Jack is having a very hard time as it is already since almost everything back home is imported, especially from China. :D

It must be the reason he exported himself. He makes me smile too, but is very fast to leave the scene when confronted with evidence of his mistakes.

Texpat was told off in another topic, so he will now be more careful to display him with the Texan style judgemental posts. But I am sure he will be back :) Always good for a laugh !

I think we are off topic carib :D "off topic" will be a good name for jack, don't you think :D

(jack i'm your fan number 1, could you please tell me where you get the Klu klux Klan gazette in thailand, think all ur info com from there, no ?)

LOL........ Same old same old. Guess some one really hates Airbus :):D

Heres some news to balance things........

Bong Delayed

Will the yanks ever get the plastic bucket flying ?

p.s. i was a new engineer when the first 747-400 got delivered to xxx airline. Bong ( other wise known as boeing ) could not reset the INS before departure. As a temp measure, we had install a "RESET" button, from the avionics bay, down the front landing gear. The Ground Eng would press the reset button so it could activate after doors closed, and prior to push back. This is straight out of Bill Gates MO !!

Edited by skippybangkok

Some of the domestic China travel numbers are frightening!!

BR>Jack

If you mean domestic air accidents, it's because they use old, poorly serviced planes. And yes....they are frightening !

I believe that Sony and other major companies now make a lot of their stuff ( including aerospace ) in China.

Companies like this insist that certain standards are adhered to, and constantly supervise to ensure they ARE adhered to. In the 1950s and 60s, "Made in Japan" was synonymous with "cheap and poorly made". Then Taiwan moved into that area, but these days they make very good quality, with very few poor-quality places bringing their reputation.

Although there are many crappy-quality things made in China in locally-owned factories, when a huge multinational company moves in, they bring their own experts who constantly supervise every stage of production and quality of raw materials.

Latin; My first consultant/business venture in China was 25 years ago. The joint ventures with foreign experts, supervising the operation is a long time joke. They can copy, and build just about any product, but the quality control, of raw and finished product has been a concern to Joint Venture Partners, and internally in the past and as recently as last year with the reveling of some of the additives that used in end product production. They probably have good intentions somewhere in the corporate structure but the rats find many loopholes and will consume most anything. This does not seem to be limited to the Chinese in my experience.

LaoPo

Very true. We imported milk (Chinese milk scandal) an estimated 300,000 victims six infants dying from kidney stones and other kidney damage, and a further 860 babies hospitalized.. We imported Mattel toys (Mattel announced recalls Tuesday for 9 million more Chinese-made toys, including popular Barbie, Polly Pocket and “Cars” movie items, and warned that more could be ordered off store shelves because of lead paint and tiny magnets that could be swallowed.The recalls came nearly two weeks after Mattel Inc., the nation’s largest toy-maker, recalled 1.5 million Fisher-Price infant toys worldwide, which were also made in China, because of possible lead-paint hazards for children.) Aqua Dots (The toy was subject to a multi-national product recall after it was found that the Wangqi Product Factory in Shenzen, China had used a cheap chemical that was a pharmacologically active sedative prodrug instead of the safer specified one in some shipped toys, resulting in the illness and hospitalization of some children who ingested the beads.

Go ahead and fly on one of these aircraft. What has China ever made that had the quality and reliability that you would want when you are flying?

Could you tell me what is very true JoeInSurin ?

Ok you give some example (milk, toys) and i'm sure there are lot more but :

-Things like that never occur in our contries ?

-What your examples have to do with airbus in china ?

In this case :

Airbus holds the majority of the shares of the company

All stages of production are controlled by airbus

They apply the same standards as in europe

So now if you have some relevant information that we don't have about airbus in china please share !!!

Facts please (and about the topic)

Edited by isanb

Actually most of Mattel's problem were due to faulty design, nothing to do with China.

Anyway, last month Mrs Clinton went to China to beg Chinese officials not to let down America.

Twenty years ago american car manufacturers used to make fun of Japanese. Now Toyota is the biggest car manufacturer in the world and american car manufacturers are all bankrupts.

Stick with your "intelligent design" but please step aside when when we're moving ahead.

Edited by Pierrot

Could you tell me what is very true JoeInSurin ?

Ok you give some example (milk, toys) and i'm sure there are lot more but :

-Things like that never occur in our contries ?

-What your examples have to do with airbus in china ?

In this case :

Airbus holds the majority of the shares of the company

All stages of production are controlled by airbus

They apply the same standards as in europe

So now if you have some relevant information that we don't have about airbus in china please share !!!

Facts please (and about the topic)

Please give me an example of any quality product or copy that has come out of China. I would think the toy and milk manufacturers had quality controls but sometimes things go unnoticed. If it was made in Japan I would feel quite safe. China has never made anything worth owning. It has nothing to do with Aibus I would never fly on a Boeing made in China. If you can't make milk and toys you shouldn't try to make airplanes. So now if you have some revelant information on China's quality control and quality products that would make me feel safe at 30,000 feet please share!!!! Can you name me 1 product from China that is good?

Actually most of Mattel's problem were due to faulty design, nothing to do with China.

Anyway, last month Mrs Clinton went to China to beg Chinese officials not to let down America.

Twenty years ago american car manufacturers used to make fun of Japanese. Now Toyota is the biggest car manufacturer in the world and american car manufacturers are all bankrupts.

Stick with your "intelligent design" but please step aside when when we're moving ahead.

So Mattel specified led paint in it's products? I guess the milk and Aqua Dots were designed that way also. What does Clinton and America have to do with China and Airbus? What does Toyota and American car companies have to do with China and Airbus. Can you keep your America bashing to subjects that are at least semi related to America?

Could you tell me what is Can you name me 1 product from China that is good?

Where are you from JoeInSurin ? Ever been to China ? Honest answers appreciated.

You know, you make me laugh because it shows you have absolutely no idea what kind of products you are buying yourself in your own shopping center back in your own country....made in China.

You are one of those China bashers (like an ex brother-in-law of mine) who will bash upon every single item or product about China.

Like a previous poster mentioned: I heard the same story 40 years ago about products from Japan. They were all copies, bad quality....righ; and now ?

You have no clue about how many Japanese products are made in China.....no clue at all.

And....do you want cars?.....MP3's....IPod's...iPhone's...Nokia's.....BMW's...Volkswagen....Mercedes.....what else do you want..made in China ? Designer clothes from Italia or France perhaps...you name it....Nike's perhaps....or do you prefer Adidas shoes ? Maybe television sets, audio, furniture....?

I can get it for you -originals- as many as you can afford. :)

One more thing:

I know for a fact that quality control is one of the most important things the Chinese are NOT good at...

That's why there are very sophisticated and well known -Western- quality control companies who are very good at that.

From the beginning that Mattel (and milk buyers) was/were complaining about lousy and bad quality products I said that I simply couldn't understand that such large companies had such a lousy quality control BEFORE the products left the factories.

30 years ago I was already working in HK and China and noticed the thousands of buyers and designers from all over the world. But.....quality control was neglected by those same companies.

It was and is their own fault; if a buyer does a proper quality control (and pays for that) the Chinese manufacturer will learn fast and make a better quality, according to the specifications, handed to him by the buyer...

In fact, it's quite simple. The problem is that buyers are focused more on price, delivery, quantity rather than about quality control. If the Chinese (manufacturer/owner) smells he is able to deceive the buyers (because he is screwed in price so much, losing an affordable profit) he will try and go around the initial agreement.

QUALITY CONTROL..... paid for by the buyer and problems will fade away.

Simple, and...I learned the hard way :D

LaoPo

Edited by LaoPo

We imported Mattel toys (Mattel announced recalls Tuesday for 9 million more Chinese-made toys, including popular Barbie, Polly Pocket and "Cars" movie items, and warned that more could be ordered off store shelves because of lead paint and tiny magnets that could be swallowed.

You ask, I answer. The magnets ( and there was other problems) were a design problem, don't blame the Chineses for that.

Could you tell me what is Can you name me 1 product from China that is good?

Where are you from JoeInSurin ? Ever been to China ? Honest answers appreciated.

You know, you make me laugh because it shows you have absolutely no idea what kind of products you are buying yourself in your own shopping center back in your own country....made in China. They all have a label "made in China" you would have to be an idiot not to know.

You are one of those China bashers (like an ex brother-in-law of mine) who will bash upon every single item or product about China. I love China. I just don't trust them to build an airplane I am flying on. No different than I love Thailand and don't trust them to run a nuclear power plant next to my home.

Like a previous poster mentioned: I heard the same story 40 years ago about products from Japan. They were all copies, bad quality....righ; and now ? In 40 years China will probably make products I will feel safe with. Toyota is #1 40 years ago they were not.

You have no clue about how many Japanese products are made in China.....no clue at all.

And....do you want cars?.....MP3's....IPod's...iPhone's...Nokia's.....BMW's...Volkswagen....Mercedes.....what else do you want..made in China ? Designer clothes from Italia or France perhaps...you name it....Nike's perhaps....or do you prefer Adidas shoes ? Maybe television sets, audio, furniture....?

I can get it for you -originals- as many as you can afford. :)I can afford it. Sorry if you can not.

One more thing:

I know for a fact that quality control is one of the most important things the Chinese are NOT good at...

That's why there are very sophisticated and well known -Western- quality control companies who are very good at that.

From the beginning that Mattel (and milk buyers) was/were complaining about lousy and bad quality products I said that I simply couldn't understand that such large companies had such a lousy quality control BEFORE the products left the factories.

30 years ago I was already working in HK and China and noticed the thousands of buyers and designers from all over the world. But.....quality control was neglected by those same companies.

It was and is their own fault; if a buyer does a proper quality control (and pays for that) the Chinese manufacturer will learn fast and make a better quality, according to the specifications, handed to him by the buyer...

In fact, it's quite simple. The problem is that buyers are focused more on price, delivery, quantity rather than about quality control. If the Chinese (manufacturer/owner) smells he is able to deceive the buyers (because he is screwed in price so much, losing an affordable profit) he will try and go around the initial agreement. That makes me feel safer at 30,000 feet.

QUALITY CONTROL..... paid for by the buyer and problems will fade away.

Simple, and...I learned the hard way :DI don't want to learn the hard way by crashing into the ground at 600 mph from 30,000 feet.

LaoPo

In fact, it's quite simple. The problem is that buyers are focused more on price, delivery, quantity rather than about quality control. If the Chinese (manufacturer/owner) smells he is able to deceive the buyers (because he is screwed in price so much, losing an affordable profit) he will try and go around the initial agreement.

FYI :

http://www.economist.com/books/displaystor...ory_id=13642306

But it's only half of the story ....

We imported Mattel toys (Mattel announced recalls Tuesday for 9 million more Chinese-made toys, including popular Barbie, Polly Pocket and "Cars" movie items, and warned that more could be ordered off store shelves because of lead paint and tiny magnets that could be swallowed.

You ask, I answer. The magnets ( and there was other problems) were a design problem, don't blame the Chineses for that.

You are right that the magnets were a design problem. What about the lead paint, poison milk and drugs in toy paint made for children? I can blame them for that.

Thank you LaoPo

you save me an answer to someone who will not listen anyway

You're welcome.

The "CHINA" issue is not easy; it is not easy because we're talking about 1 single country with 1,3 Billion people, ruled by a one-party system and far from being democratic.

If you add up the USA + Canada as well as the EU-countries and for a spicy flavor the country of Brazil with it's 200 million people, we're still below the 1 Billion-people mark and some 300 million people short before we reach the 1,3 Billion of China.

It's so easy to bash upon China and many times rightly so but if one sees where this closed-off country comes from, some 30 years ago, since Mao died in 1976, it's impressive and unbelievable.

China, no doubt, has a long way to go but if I look back and compare what I saw 30 years ago in China and nowadays I have to pinch myself in order to believe what I see.

Every time I come back to China I'm am flabbergasted what my eyes see and notice. It if wouldn't have been for the vision of Deng Xiaoping in 1979 the country would still have been a third world country with a billion people or so living in utter poverty.

What that would have meant for the West will always remain a mystery since I can't think of any other country or part of the world which would have been able to take over the producing role China has nowadays.

The enormous drive to improve their lifestyle and living conditions by the Chinese by working hard and long hours is impressive and they're learning fast but it can't be done overnight.

What they are producing, building and creating now would simply have been impossible, even 10 or 20 years ago.

It takes time.

LaoPo

I am wondering if the errant China QC hasnt already slipped thru into pharmacology?!

The original Q&A, albeit somewhat rhetorical, was visa-vis the China marketing faux pas by EADS/Airbus?!

Clearly that thrust, to some, is a non event - when in fact, it is very relevant.

Furthermore, the assumptions are glaringly inaccurate, interspersed with wild conjecture, and furthermore compounded by

flames & no doubt, the non-prescribed, illegal mixing of the aforementioned with copious amounts of fermented liquids or

reasonable facsimiles thereof. That we finally do have some coherent commentary is comic-relief.

I could give a rats a$$ if my iPhone or Sony had some Foxconn bits - but - none of my industries will not tolerate any

China built component. Period. Even at 50% off. It used to be - no MIT, now add MIC

A China Airbus - at this moment in time - looks to be a real compounding of errors, is all.

That their internal travel expansion will proliferate is another.

BR>Jack

Ok, i try to make it simple

In the case of airbus, the aircraft are produced in china only to allow airbus to dominate the chinese market.

The chinese compagny is own by airbus for more than 51%

Engineers are airbus staff

The quality control is made by airbusThe aircraft is identical as an airbus from europe

Everybody agree with you JoeInSurin, china is not known for the quality of its products but right now i'm talking about the airbus case only.

Airbus is producing aircraft in china and not china producing aircraft for airbus

I am wondering if the errant China QC hasnt already slipped thru into pharmacology?!

The original Q&A, albeit somewhat rhetorical, was visa-vis the China marketing faux pas by EADS/Airbus?!

Clearly that thrust, to some, is a non event - when in fact, it is very relevant.

Furthermore, the assumptions are glaringly inaccurate, interspersed with wild conjecture, and furthermore compounded by

flames & no doubt, the non-prescribed, illegal mixing of the aforementioned with copious amounts of fermented liquids or

reasonable facsimiles thereof. That we finally do have some coherent commentary is comic-relief.

I could give a rats a$ if my iPhone or Sony had some Foxconn bits - but - none of my industries will not tolerate any

China built component. Period. Even at 50% off. It used to be - no MIT, now add MIC

A China Airbus - at this moment in time - looks to be a real compounding of errors, is all.

That their internal travel expansion will proliferate is another.

BR>Jack

If you tried to speak in plain english, it would be easier for us (non english speakers) to understand what you mean.

You are right that the magnets were a design problem. What about the lead paint, poison milk and drugs in toy paint made for children? I can blame them for that.

You don't expect me to answer the other long post, do you ? I've said everything.

But, of course you will always find a contra answer but you were right that Toyota is now the world's #1 producer and 40 years ago they were not.

I will not live long enough to make a bet with you which company will become the #1 car maker in the world in 40 years from now, but have a drink on me in 40 years from now, celebrating my correct view that it is a Chinese company in 2049 :)

To answer your question in BOLD, above:

Mattel and the milk buyers are to be blamed, next to the Chinese companies who produced the lousy and bad quality products.

The responsibility of importing those products however is to be put on the shoulders of those huge companies, importing those lousy products BECAUSE of their lack in QUALITY CONTROL -BEFORE- the products left the factories (next to their bad design).

What the milk scandal is concerned: it is an absolute normal point of buying-procedure that food commodities are checked/controlled upon by independent western companies.

If those food buyers didn't do so, it's their own fault and responsibility. This is done with corn, grain, wheat, sugar, milk etc. for decades already !

That's a MUST in nowadays buying- and production process.

LaoPo