More Airbus Woes - Now Made In China!

jackdanielsesq

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Actually, I didnt quote (say) that - it was a quote from - again - the hypothetical Chinaman Kim, who didnt want to fly in his own creation - ergo the quip "I only fly American."

This is the real, untwisted, unadulterated quote -

Test flight tomorrow?! What?! Me?! Ya Kidding right!! I'm never going up in that thing - I only fly American!!

This quote has got to be more hypothetical than the naked blonde ya had lastnite??!!

PS Why are we doing this anyway?! Surely not because of cheap labor?!

We all know - especially do B&A - that labor costs are massive in this industry, and saving a couple mil here und there is good for shareholders. and more Wall St pack. Assembling the entire plane in China is heavy. Small wonder Airbus is in a constant state of flux in France. Froglegs or Chick claws, Monsieur?!

BR>Jack

(quote)

Ok....I won't sweat the small stuff too much.

Yes....the Chinese screw up, and so does Airbus.....or it's employees/mechanics. We're all only human. We ALL screw up sometimes. Wasn't it one of the first Airbuses that suddenly went into reverse thrust over Thailand in the middle of the nineties, and crashed ? Owned my Nicki Lauda ? And it will be very interesting to see what is revealed if the Air France black box is recovered from the Atlantic. Spaceships fail to function often ! Nothing is perfect....Murphy's Law rules often, unfortunately. This is just being realistic.

By the way, as it as an amusing incident, here are 2 of the Etihad crash photos again, in a different format, as attachments. Just imagine having been in the cabin ! Notice the ladder in the second pic !

Well I see you edited your initial remark to my address out, but as you said, we ALL screw up sometimes, as I made clear to you.

By the way it was a Boeing 767-300 (LAF 004) which reversed in flight. you are doing it again, writing school journal "facts".

Edited by Carib

Every time I step onto an Airbus plane I worry. Just when I thought it couldn't get worse -- now there's the prospect that it's made in China.

Oh dear. Airbus made in China. Poor design was bad. Couple that with inferior worsmanship ... oh dear.

How many years until the Aleutian archipleigo becomes a land bridge to North America?

Edited by Texpat

PS Why are we doing this anyway?! Surely not because of cheap labor?!

Sadly yes, and the Chinese folks just work harder and faster than the western counterparts, they simple have less demand, and are happily they have work. Simple choise isn't it. 85% of stuff we buy here in the West comes from countries like China. And we think it's cheap. But hey that's business all about

Every time I step onto an Airbus plane I worry. Just when I thought it couldn't get worse -- now there's the prospect that it's made in China.

Oh dear. Airbus made in China. Poor design was bad. Couple that with inferior worsmanship ... oh dear.

How many years until the Aleutian archipleigo becomes a land bridge to North America?

HA, Jacks alter ego is back at it again. Jack has a few drinks, Texpat miraculously revives and comes in for the wind up kill. :)

Good question about the bridge, but as things are right now I will put my money on the Chinese to build it.

Good to see you back texpat.

Now we have you and sexy man on this topic :D:):D:D:D:D

I thought it couldn't get worse also

Edited by isanb

The real sweat will be when your friendly captain breaks the silence with "Ha So!! Hai Domo (dummies) - this is Captain Kim Slo Fling, fo fist time fly big aloplane today, velly nicey nu and clean, China gleat leap folwald, hope too see uuu velly soon - have nice fright to Flankfullt" - click off - "Solly - go gay Paly, Flance today."

BR>Jack

PS Thats when ya yearn for that bad ass ol' Yankee drawl.

Dream on!!!

The real sweat will be when your friendly captain breaks the silence with "Ha So!! Hai Domo (dummies) - this is Captain Kim Slo Fling, fo fist time fly big aloplane today, velly nicey nu and clean, China gleat leap folwald, hope too see uuu velly soon - have nice fright to Flankfullt" - click off - "Solly - go gay Paly, Flance today."

BR>Jack

Dream on!!!

:):D Ever done any acting too Jack??

BR>Jack

Dream on!!!

:)

Darn Big C - Ya busted moi !!

BR>Jack

Ever done any acting too Jack??

Add this too as it does not warrant a new post, methinks?? Mods ??

Australian airline Qantas has cancelled an order for 15 of Boeing's Dreamliner 787 aircraft. The cancellation came after Boeing this week delayed the launch of the Dreamliner for the fifth time. Qantas said it revoked its $3bn (£1.8bn) order because of the worsening economic environment, not the delays.

:) Is that because you're jealous that Airbus is #1 and the world's largest commercial planemaker, way ahead of Boeing ?

I think the move by Airbus to co-build Airbus planes in China is very clever, very smart indeed.

"China will probably need 3,238 passenger planes valued at $391.2 billion from 2007 to 2026, according to the Toulouse, France-based planemaker."

Now, who's going to deliver those planes ? The outcome will be interesting

"Airbus won a $17 billion order for 160 planes in November 2007, following two $10 billion deals for 150 aircraft in 2005 and 2006. Boeing’s last big Chinese order, in 2005, was worth as much as $9 billion."

From: http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?pid=new...id=acE0nXAoFThE

Personally, having traveled around the world millions of miles, I don't care which plane I'm traveling with, a Boeing, an Airbus or by any other manufacturer. If it's your time, it's your time and this anti-Airbus thread is a silly one.

Airbus is the largest commercial plane builder....how's that ? Because their planes are bad ?

Give me a break.

LaoPo

I wouldnt sweat it too much - a lot of it is personal wind-up, simply emotional outbursts that have little or no relevance.

Yes....the Chinese screw up, and so does Airbus.....or it's employees/mechanics. We're all only human. We ALL screw up sometimes. Wasn't it one of the first Airbuses that suddenly went into reverse thrust over Thailand in the middle of the nineties, and crashed ? Owned my Nicki Lauda ? And it will be very interesting to see what is revealed if the Air France black box is recovered from the Atlantic. Spaceships fail to function often ! Nothing is perfect....Murphy's Law rules often, unfortunately. This is just being realistic.

By the way, as it as an amusing incident, here are 2 of the Etihad crash photos again, in a different format, as attachments. Just imagine having been in the cabin ! Notice the ladder in the second pic !

Etihad were not too happy about the bad press they got on this, particularly since they hadn't taken delivery of the aircraft at this point. Interesting point was that, because of the damage, engines 3 and 4 couldn't be shut off and it took 9 hours before the fuel ran out for the last one to shut down (Rolls Royce engines incidentally)

quoted....."Every time I step onto an Airbus plane I worry. Just when I thought it couldn't get worse -- now there's the prospect that it's made in China."...

I share your feeling :D .

Having been to China three times, each time stayed about 30 days with my sibling in Guangzhou ( Canton), Each trip going back, I was quite impress with the city environment : more cars on the streets, new buildings replacing the old slum shacks, people dress modern, streets much cleaner, park is well kept etc. There is a feeling that law and order in its place.

Their public commuter system: bus, taxi, subway (opened few years ago) and the new airpor 'Baiyun' can put Thailand to shame. No trounts, no haggling, just get into a taxi and the meter is automatic turned on. And they don't take you for a ride either.

Someone said " The 21th century belongs to Asia" I see that China or India will lead the pack. But it won't be for quite sometimes, may be in the middle of the century.

THAT brings back to this topic: The planes made in China. No, I won't be thrilled flying in this type of planes at present.

I always have problems using things 'Made in China', those usually household stuffs like vaccum cleaner, toaster, foot massage, bicycle excercise machine, I bought ( these things) not long ago, after a few used, they would stop working properly or out of order even it still look very nice and very new. It's very annoying if you have to send back the stuff and get a replacement of a new one, we did just like that with our vaccume, sent back and forth 5 times already, this is just one sample we've facing. :)

My point is.... give China time, she will blossom in a few decades.

In the mean time I will stick to American made ( which I'm religious doing now).

Well I see you edited your initial remark to my address out, but as you said, we ALL screw up sometimes, as I made clear to you.

By the way it was a Boeing 767-300 (LAF 004) which reversed in flight. you are doing it again, writing school journal "facts".

Oh ! You "address" us, do you ? From your podium ?

I haven't stated the airbus crash as a fact. I said : "Wasn't it one of the first Airbuses that suddenly went into reverse thrust over Thailand in the middle of the nineties, and crashed ? This is something about which I am uncertain, hence the question mark at the end of the sentence.

Carib, in your initial attack on me, you stated:

"Latin dancer, get your facts straight, about how it happened, when it happened and by who. You don't know shit about aircraft, your few pathetic postings have made that clear".

Then after I pointed out your unfounded reaction, you state later :

"You are right Latindancer, I did reacted to the general gist of your last post only. Glanced over it and thought it was a high school journal and reacted accordingly...........What do you expect, you bring up a more or less sensational sounding subject, and now you blame me for not going through your previous posts to debunk it again. Sorry, but that is a bit far fetched."

Well, yes actually.....if you're going to say such a mannerless thing as " your few pathetic postings", I DO expect you to have read them.

And I don't recall editing out any initial remarks. You are making all kinds of unfounded accusations but I won't bother pulling you up on them......I'm bigger than that. I just expect my fellow members here to be well-mannered, thanks. I don't see it as "venting", as Jack Daniels puts it. And neither do many others here, some of whom have been so offended by similar remarks by other people they have stopped posting on this site.

Edited by Latindancer

Indeed - it boggles the mind - nobody speaks/comprehends English

All that good plastic milk gone to waste. Plastic Protein... OMG!!

All that fine lead/led/red paint on all those silly little child toys or was it on an Airbus?

Gee ... lets see if we glued that wing-tip on correctly or did we use a cheap Chinese fastener and not the more expensive German one that we seem to have so many of?!

No matter - we will sell them to someone for more money - the stupid Caucasians wont know the difference.

Hey Kim, anyone speak any English here?

Need to interpret some EADS blueprint software instructions from the stupid French HQ?

Mil-spec ?? Whats that? Oh Milk Spec? Gotcha. Fixed that last year already.

Test flight tomorrow?! What?! Me?! Ya Kidding right!! I'm never going up in that thing - I only fly American!!

BR>Jack

Just think of it.......6 million graduated students - per year !

I read your previuos topiucs and you claim you only buy American;

So you don't look television, you don't listen to the radio, don't use a toaster or some other small electric houshold apliance, because my friend 95% of all small electric household apliances are produced in China. Yoiu should just look at the bottom whetre its marked MADE IN.......

I understand your patriotic feeling to buy American, but strangly the rest of the world and your fellow Americans think different and don't have such high idea about the quality of US made products, the downfall of the the 3 Detroit sisters and even the banckrupty of one of them is the best example.

But I forgot, modesty was never a problem for genuine American patriots.

Edited by henryalleman

Oh ! You "address" us, do you ? From your podium ?

I haven't stated the airbus crash as a fact. I said : "Wasn't it one of the first Airbuses that suddenly went into reverse thrust over Thailand in the middle of the nineties, and crashed ? This is something about which I am uncertain, hence the question mark at the end of the sentence.

Carib, in your initial attack on me, you stated:

"Latin dancer, get your facts straight, about how it happened, when it happened and by who. You don't know shit about aircraft, your few pathetic postings have made that clear".

Then after I pointed out your unfounded reaction, you state later :

"You are right Latindancer, I did reacted to the general gist of your last post only. Glanced over it and thought it was a high school journal and reacted accordingly...........What do you expect, you bring up a more or less sensational sounding subject, and now you blame me for not going through your previous posts to debunk it again. Sorry, but that is a bit far fetched."

Well, yes actually.....if you're going to say such a mannerless thing as " your few pathetic postings", I DO expect you to have read them.

And I don't recall editing out any initial remarks. You are making all kinds of unfounded accusations but I won't bother pulling you up on them......I'm bigger than that. I just expect my fellow members here to be well-mannered, thanks. I don't see it as "venting", as Jack Daniels puts it. And neither do many others here, some of whom have been so offended by similar remarks by other people they have stopped posting on this site.

Have it your way, whatever, bye

Edit for remark. I think you could also have just a language /edeting/and quoting problem. Positive to you I mean. Mix ups do have a simple basis sometimes. Work on it.

Edited by Carib

I guess thats like saying one can live with one leg - two was cool, but redundant.

Had the brakes worked in the first instance - oh man!! Great QC!! What a blush!!

"Jean-Pierre - did you not check the brake fluid?" Wee, Wee ......... etc. BOOM!!

Dark humor - I wonder what really happened and what poor sod took delivery of that wreck?!

That they couldnt shut down the turbines is just simply over the top.

Must be all the French/German/English software confusion - ala A380 - now they gonna blames the Germans for everything.

French FBW at its very finest. Good hydraulics - optional extra. How does one say break in Chinese? :)

BR>Jack

european quality plane jack, don't burn easily and did you notice the european wall, bloody strong no? even a plane cannot break it !!!

Just arrived back in Kunming from Chengdu. After participating in this forum I decided to have a look at what was parked up at jetways in Chengdu airport. Answer 1 x 737 700 series. 2 x 737 800 series, 2 x A330s, 13 x A320s and 2 x A321 series. and one in the distanmce that I think may have been a 767. Took a lot of walking tho

Rather revealing I thought

Some of you people need to get yourselves up to date about China.

Maybe 10 years ago, perhaps even 5 years ago, many Chinese manufactured products were pretty crappy.

But here this, in many professions and industries it has all changed and Chinese manufacturers are very very serious about quality and world class innovation.

US has it's Enron scandals, It's Madoff scandals (procecutors just today asked for a 150 year jail sentence.) UK has it's rip off politicians who expect taxpayers to pay for cleaning the moat, etc., etc., etc. And yes China had it's milk scandal.

I've worked with a number of new breed Chinese entrepreneurs and with the new breed Chinese Government officials. They are smart people, many of them are thought leaders, they have a very broad perspective, they realize that clever businesses look at the long-term picture and go all out to impress their customers with good quality products / good quality services. And, many of the old breed Chinese entrepreneurs are quickly realizing that they need to get on the new bandwagon and change their thinking.

What is not well known is that the most recent breed of top level Chinese 'Peoples Party' officials are in fact pushing all of this very solidly.

I have one local Chinese work colleagues in my Shanghai office who speaks fluent Mandarin, fluent Shanghaise, fluent English, German, French, and Spanish, and he's an expert on aligning organization structure and management process to business goals, and there is no flavor whatever of communist or socialist principles in his work.

Also not well known is that the Chinese education system is pretty good. I've given invited lectures (in English) in many MBA programs in Beijing, Shanghai, and Shenzen. Years back I realized that these universities are impressive and they produce very clever and well balanced graduates.

Two years back I was asked to moderate a presentation, in English, by MBA students at Shanghai university about Organization Behavior and Emotional Intelligence. I was impressed, the discussion was world class.

Like another poster, I've flown Chinese domestic and international air carriers many many times. It's all changed, they are, and have been for several years, world class, passionate about safety, their staff speak excellent English (and other languages), they are very focused on creating happy and satisfied customers who will return without hesitation for the next flight.

Its not about China bashing. It is really about Airbus. And bad timing. And lousy hardware & software manufacture, plus a myriad

of other instances that all helped contribute to a deadly Air France 447 wreck, as explained throughout this thread.

If anyone - perish the thought that they would for a moment quit the incessant bashing - has any reasonable, logical, thought or

reasonable contribution to the root cause, please drop it on us.

Just for one magnanimous moment, place yourself in any family's shoes, who only want closure, to move on, and for it not to happen

to others. I have not flown an Airbus in +2 years, for much the same reasons. Plus its my God given right.

Boeing's fine, even if the make silly little spoons, flaps & doors in Timbuktu. So long as they assemble/build it in Seattle.

When they quit that part, there's always Gulfstream, and my boat. Y'all can fly here - I will buy dinner & drinks.

BR>Jack

I am wondering if the errant China QC hasnt already slipped thru into pharmacology?!

none of my industries will not tolerate any China built component.

Its not about China bashing

BR>Jack

You have a short memory sexy man (and i took only a small part of your posts).

Or is it impossible for you to admit you are wrong sometimes

LOL :):D

Statement of fact my good man.

Pharma was a snide dig at some of the meds getting thru here, that clearly are counterfeit & dont work.

The next looks like a typo - what I meant was nobody, by specification, and under penalty of law, will accept any GT built

anywhere else other than USA/UK/EU - that kinda does it for China.

BR>Jack

I am wondering if the errant China QC hasnt already slipped thru into pharmacology?!

none of my industries will not tolerate any China built component.

Y'all can fly here - I will buy dinner & drinks.

BR>Jack

ok but only if you cook californian cuisine (you said it was wold famous but never heard of it :D , i go look in the web)

I just fine this on goggle :

<H1 class=arTitle itxtvisited="1" property="dc:title">What is California Cuisine?

California Cuisine movement was considered reactionary, and though it takes many of its roots from French cooking.

Soon the term came to be associated with not only fresh cooking, but with very tiny portions for extremely high prices. At its worst California Cuisine is extraordinarily pretentious. In some high-end restaurants one can expect to pay more than 20 US dollars for a very small salad of mixed lettuces.

:):D

ok you buy dinner better</H1>