Angeles you do not have to show your passport to every hotel you have

to check into. In Los Angeles you can live there for 40 years and never

see an immigration officer. In Los Angeles 2 million illegal mexicans

can gather downtown and demand this or that or the other. No passports

, no stamps. 2 MILLION! In Los Angeles they just had an article about

illegal alien drug abusers completing new effective drug diversion

courses which is to say that you can be arrested for felonies and the

LAPD does not check to see if you are from USA. Again there is no

immigration officers, or offices in site.

There's a little red brick

building over there in west LA somewhere. I think the Thai Embassy is

in there Too. In Los Angeles there isn't a cadet lookie loo population

that does nothing but make as big a spectacle out of the difference

between there nationalistic selves and the highly detectible

"foreigners" because in LA you cannot tell for the life of you who is a

foreigner and who is from LA because in Los Angeles everybody IS a

foreigner. So they don't ask for your passport when you rent a hotel

room.

Thats america

2 million illegal immigrants on the streets. But when we arrive to LAX from Europe, we re not allowed to enter the country before filling in which hotel we will stay in. And sure they want my passport at checking in.

• Replies 276
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

An old friend of mine will be coming over and stay with us in our house for a few day. Do I have to report him to the Police?

If he talks into his shoe and speaks in foreign tongues, that would be a clue... :)

and i don't know why there's any problem as something likely (report guests to police) is very common to many countries; in addition some collect a visitor's tax. So why have to mind?

Edited by Sturbuc

Really ?? name any modern / first world country that has to report foriegners details checking into a hotel ??

Italy, France, Switzerland.

--

Maestro

I first came to LOS in 1980 and when I checked into a hotel I had to fill in a form stating details from Passport and where traveling from etc (no photo copies in those days). So showing my passport at a hotel is quite natural for me ( not that I do it that often).

The thing that concerns me is if I have someone to stay do I have to let Immigration know that I have a friend staying with me for a few days?

Or if I stay at a friends house do they have to notify Immigration?

[

What happens when you leave the hotel and go back to your home in Thailand...do you have to report your change of address again...anyone know?

If your home in thailand is your legally registered address with immigration, and you are just staying in a hotel for few days or even couple of weeks. Then you need do nothing when you go back to your home.

The thing that concerns me is if I have someone to stay do I have to let Immigration know that I have a friend staying with me for a few days?

Or if I stay at a friends house do they have to notify Immigration?

That largely depends on wether your friend has come to Thailand just to stay with you. If that is the case then they should have supplied your address as their residency on entering the kingdom.

If they are staying mainly in a hotel and just visiting you for say two/three days and have'nt checked out of the hotel, then in theory there should be no problem.

But if they check out of the hotel to save a few baht while they stay with you, Then immigration must be informed of the new address

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry, it's a slightly old topic but I have been away and have managed to miss a lot of the Thai news, including this.

With 12 pages I thought there might be a little more relevant genuine information but with a few exceptions it's mostly the usual griping and whingeing, so if anyone can clear up the following it would be much appreciated.

We get guests to register but up to now have not sent reports to immigration. If we turn up and start doing so, what is the likelihood of a fine?

It appears also that to register for internet registration you have to visit the immigration office first with a number of documents. Is this correct for Phuket?

Finally, the link on the Phuket Gazette doesn't work. Does anyone have a working link to the registration page on the website? I assume it will be in Thai (great idea for the immigration website to take down its English language pages!) but that won't be a problem as my Thai missus will be doing this anyway.