Harley Myth Buster

dynabob

Old man's bike,bad handeling, much to heavy,slow,all noise,these are some of the excuse's used by people who want to but can not carry a HD key ring with key.

This HARLEY is 310kg dry weight,250kg=1/4 of a ton.

Belt drive.

Front end speak's for it's self.Enjoy

www.youtube.com/watch?v=9k292Mil

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

www.youtube.com/watch?v=9k292Mil will take you here: The URL contained a malformed video ID...

While there is some truth to the old saying "There's an exception to every rule" the fact that you can't even copy and paste a link properly does seem indicative of a stereotype commonly applied to HD owners and enthusiasts... :D:D:)

Old man's bike,bad handeling, much to heavy,slow,all noise,these are some of the excuse's used by people who want to but can not carry a HD key ring with key.

Belt drive.

Says it all really !!

bbbkk,i checked so if you might go to you tube search harley wheelies and video harley wheelies 1, 2 months ago and confirm blind or not before i do my back in trying to kick myself in the ass

And those clutch dumps look just great compared to the back wheel antics of all manner of other bikes..

I mean I have seen long and sustained wheelies on a step through c90.. doesnt mean i want one..

Generally I dont dig are hardly riders.. They are what they are.. People obviously love em.. To me its the opposite of what I love in bikes.

livinlos,i am not trying to convert anybody.Did you mean to sayyou don't dig harley's or is what you wrote correct if so could explain a bit more,in your opinion what am i and how can you not dig somebody you never met,i thought biker's were free thinking,non judgemental,slight bit crazy,riding 2 wheel's in all weather.

i am really intrested inyour opinion of hd rider's and why,pm if you like ,i am not looking for a slagging match ,you also say they are opposite to what you love in bike's and freedom of choice is part of living in a free world and the vast differance between jap and americian bike's is a small example of how broad the human mind is.

When i look at a bike,i see layout,frame brakes,i am intrested in all the feature's,latest tech advances,where it is made is irrelevent to me.We all get wet,fall off and have 2 wheele's.

Admit one thing without seeing the video never would you believe on a harley. :)

Harley motor-bikes are classed as agricultural equipment. Good for pulling a plough maybe, but, otherwise all looks and no performance compared to a Honda, which has both.

classed by who,link please.

a jap trial bike would be much better in a ploughed field,my XT500 hour's of trouble free fun,30 year's ago now,getting on.

which honda are you compareing to,Africa Twin stunning,honda valkdyke,the reason to wear a full face helmet.

i ride my harley because i have alway's preferred push rod to ohc,i like the way the v twin motor sit's in the frame,dyno jet efi a world leader in electronic fuel injection system's,porchse desinged head's,self diagnostic,twin cam 6 speed motor.excellent colour's with a perfect finish and last but not least,BECAUSE I CAN. :)

Belt drive.

Forgot the no brake thing too. Not to mention the maintence

BTW my Honda 1800cc V-twin VTX was 340 kg dry. Liquid cooled, shaft drive and 20 litres of fuel, thats almost 400 kg to go.

livinlos,i am not trying to convert anybody.Did you mean to sayyou don't dig harley's or is what you wrote correct if so could explain a bit more,in your opinion what am i and how can you not dig somebody you never met,i thought biker's were free thinking,non judgemental,slight bit crazy,riding 2 wheel's in all weather.

i am really intrested inyour opinion of hd rider's and why,pm if you like ,i am not looking for a slagging match ,you also say they are opposite to what you love in bike's and freedom of choice is part of living in a free world and the vast differance between jap and americian bike's is a small example of how broad the human mind is.

When i look at a bike,i see layout,frame brakes,i am intrested in all the feature's,latest tech advances,where it is made is irrelevent to me.We all get wet,fall off and have 2 wheele's.

Admit one thing without seeing the video never would you believe on a harley. :)

Dont 'dig'.. Meaning not to dig at.. poke fun of.. slag off.. etc..

I generally stay out of the mocking harleys and thier riders thats so common.. But talking about a >300 kg bike with what in hp (??) as tho it was sporty or suggesting looking up harley wheelies.. I mean that deserves some mocking surely ??

Harleys are what they are.. Cruisers for guys who enjoy motorcycling in a totally different way to what I enjoy.

I tend to think the vast majority of them are badly built, badly engineered, poor performing, and sold on brand over function too, but thats just personal opinion.

You know, not everyone on this board or in the general universe of motorcycling is anti-harley. I have had harleys. Don't dislike them. Yes, there is a point the detractors have that for a bike that weighs as much as it does, and has as huge displacement as it does, it should perform better. But the fact remains, the harley is one of the most comfortable bikes made (at least the big twins--not necessarily the sportster, which incidentally has the second best performance next to the v-rod). It is what it is. A big, comfortable bike made to eat up hundreds of miles a day without punishing the rider.

Belt drive.

Forgot the no brake thing too. Not to mention the maintence

BTW my Honda 1800cc V-twin VTX was 340 kg dry. Liquid cooled, shaft drive and 20 litres of fuel, thats almost 400 kg to go.

did you ever wheelie it.

Riding my harley everyday for last two year's,oil and filter,rear tyre,plug's once,rear brake pad's and f---k all else.

Dont 'dig'.. Meaning not to dig at.. poke fun of.. slag off.. etc..

I generally stay out of the mocking harleys and thier riders thats so common.. But talking about a >300 kg bike with what in hp (??) as tho it was sporty or suggesting looking up harley wheelies.. I mean that deserves some mocking surely ??

Harleys are what they are.. Cruisers for guys who enjoy motorcycling in a totally different way to what I enjoy.

I tend to think the vast majority of them are badly built, badly engineered, poor performing, and sold on brand over function too, but thats just personal opinion.

crossed wire's,where i come from if you don't dig something mean's you not into or dislike it,may i suggest you have a look at the newer model's,they disprove your last comment.

Riding a african 750 twin for last week or so,first time since i bought my harley.

Plenty of poke,handle's perfect,brakes excellent,you can throw it around like a ball,10 year's old and was on beach rd for sunami,starting toget bored with it now and my ass started to hurt on the first day,it is a form of transport and nothing else no feeling or charm,so it must be true.

Everyman to his own said he kissing the pig. :)

Riding a african 750 twin for last week or so,first time since i bought my harley.

Plenty of poke,handle's perfect,brakes excellent,you can throw it around like a ball,10 year's old and was on beach rd for sunami,starting toget bored with it now and my ass started to hurt on the first day,it is a form of transport and nothing else no feeling or charm,so it must be true.

Everyman to his own said he kissing the pig. :D

Heh heh- speaking of pigs you remind of this old adage-

Trying to go fast on a Harley is like trying to teach a pig how to dance...Not only does it waste your time....but it annoys the pig.

:):D:D

Happy Trails!

im riding a harley since 06 but bought a second bike yesterday from a friend in our club ..a 03 suzuki gsxr 1000 k3 and im having a ball ,2000 euros of extras on it with 16,000 miles immaculate ,will put some pictures up later if ye would like to see it..i was going to buy a classic bike but got fed up of the idea after a while.....

im riding a harley since 06 but bought a second bike yesterday from a friend in our club ..a 03 suzuki gsxr 1000 k3 and im having a ball ,2000 euros of extras on it with 16,000 miles immaculate ,will put some pictures up later if ye would like to see it..i was going to buy a classic bike but got fed up of the idea after a while.....

Ooooh- Gixxer K3- now there's a nice bike! :)

k3gsxr1m.jpg

Ride On!

Ooooh- Gixxer K3- now there's a nice bike! :)

k3gsxr1m.jpg

Ride On!

yes that it ..same colours black frame,bliy screec,bruce tri oval can,undertray,hugger,integrated bled clear lens light with indicators,flush front clear lens front led indicators,wavey discs..might change them front ones rattling a lot on bumps ,i have originals,frame sliders,gilles chain tensioners,gel seat,pre load adjusters,custom rearsets,headlight lens protector.shark fin chain protector.the power from it is unreal..taking me a while to get used to the lean forward position having been away from it for a while..this machine needs to be treated with respect in a big way...

Edited by barrybike

Its horses for courses really,we all have different ideas of what a good bike is, mine is now one that is light and can travel all roads in cambodia, hence i ride a dirt bike,however in my 40 years of bike ownership ive never fancied a harley,.and i have ridden one,but funnily enough ill bet there are a lot of harley riders that wouldnt ride a jap bike, to each his own as i said, but i would rather spend my time riding than fixing,and until harley make a bike that wins the dakar i doubt ill lever swing my leg over one again, :)

Theres a harley in this ( but you will have a job seeing it :) ) go to 1.28 min if you get bored,......

//www.youtube.com/watch?v=ud_gXPCMUDw

click and paste man ..this is no use

check out this mad stuff

Edited by barrybike

The only bikes I actually hate are the ones you have to put your feet out behind you and have to put your chin on the handle bars. Any bike that I can sit back on with my feet out flat in front of me suits me fine. I also like to see what is behind me out of the rear view mirrors. That means that the handlebars must be wider than I am and I'm NOT that wide.

It is what it is. A big, comfortable bike made to eat up hundreds of miles a day without punishing the rider.

I just dont find them comfortable either tho.. That feetr forward long arms puts real strain on your lower back..

A Fazer 1000 is a distance machine.. A K1200 is a distance machine.. harley isnt for me..

Lad's ye are so out of touch with harley,the 1340 evo engine interdouced in the 80's is a great motor hassle free and very reliable,then came 1450cc which is trouble free,i ride a 06 1450cc twin cam,electronic fuel injection with dyno jet fuel pack,python high preformance exhausts,k&n high flow air filter and use 95 gashol,i will bang along with my jap riding mates at 160,180 kmh and 200kmh to over take in a hurry,their opinion of HD has matured with a begrudgeing respect.

quote"why do people with closed mind's alway's have open mouth's"

post-75867-1246417776_thumb.jpg

post-75867-1246418353_thumb.jpg

I just like bikes, I took a GPZ600R from scotland down to greek islands, toured UK two up on a harley, have done loads of rallies on a ratty XTZ750 which had scaff tubes for exhausts and no seat. Who cares what you ride, just put the miles on and have fun.

However, now that I bought my first bike in thailand (a night train harley) i will happily admit i bought the wrong bike for central BKK. It is just too heavy for cutting about the traffic easily, it gets really hot from the oil tank and with the amount of cash i paid for it, I am too scared of having a smack to really play with the cars agressively. Time to buy a supermoto for in town and keep the harley for longer trips out of BKK i think.

I bet you'll criticise me for enjoying riding drunk no helmet at silly speeds as well Pfft! :)

I am too scared of having a smack to really play with the cars agressively.

If you play with cars aggressively, it's not the bike you should be worried about.