Can We Change The Song Please?

DJ Pat

Anything by Blue: This group ARE successsful I know but to think that hammering their songs out in every mall, pub, restaurant etc is cool is absolutely painful on the ears now. Move on.

Tata Young's CD "I Believe" and "Dhoom Dhoom" : Today I saw a crowd of about twenty people crowding round a TV set at Major Ratchayotin goggle eyed and crazed by the video to the track. Has it been banned? Maybe thats why. Anyway to think that playing her tedious songs (Sexy,naughty, bitchy, Best of me, I believe) over and over and over and over and over again in every Starbucks, McD****lds, product launch, Emporium etc etc etc etc is cool is now old hat. Get a life and listen to something else. She can't sing and we know that. Stop playing it just because it's HER. The lyrics are in English and most Thais can't speak it so how do you understand the bloody song?? I thought the public hated her, too.

Eminem "Business" was a great hiphop track to dance to in 2002 / 3 but now it's getting boring. He has some great tracks on his new CD and this should automatically mean that these should be getting hammered but alas, no. Let's play it to death. Again, move on.

Black Eyed Peas "Where is the love" This track can now F*** off in my book, it's had its day and the pathetic anti-war message is old news. I get pee off hearing EVERY hiphop DJ spin this and think it's still cool.

Any versions of "Kiss me" (original by Sixpence none the Richer) There is a Thai cover version of this by a semi-famous singer and guess what? She obviously didn't consult a native speaker when trying to pronounce the words in the verses. Chorus ok, verses embarrasingly painful. Again, stop thinking its a cool track and find another sickly love ballad.

That Bird / Sek track is also becoming boring. Good track? it's ok and Sek's guitar is great but stop playing it just because it's them, you would not even bat an eyelid if some unknown Isarn folk singer did it.

Other notable tracks getting hammered beyond belief everywhere:

Anything by: Dido, The Eagles

Mary J.Blige's "Family Affair"

Sarah Connor's "Bounce" which is similar to above track

Robbie Williams "Better Man"

Feel free to add your pet hate songs played around town............

Edited by DJ Pat

Castles In The Sky - Thoroughbred <deleted>. Think it's finally died down now.

Remember the Thai one that was nearly all percussion all the way through apart from the vocal which yelled "are you ready?" - Annoying as fck the first time, but it never left the CD player for a good year or so.

One doing the rounds right now which I've heard more than enough times is Global Playboys - San Fransisco.

:o

Yeah but dave your place has real musicians doing (may I say) very competent covers rather than the same Cds playing, ie the barman / maids favourite CDs

You may say :D

Sure they are all covers, its nice though because they chop and change the tempo's, arrangements etc to make the songs a bit more unique.

You have'nt seen the new line up yet have you?

Strictly blues now (new drummer coming also) :o

Anything, | Mean Anything by EMINEM. He is the most Annoying sounding POS I have ever heard. I storm out of any bar upon hearing his crap coming thru the speaks

ricky martin has the same effect on me.

A classic moment occurred once at a bar I used to frequent who played eminem like he was the 2nd coming of christ. A friend of mine with similar feeling about the scum, was allowed to put on his own cd in the bar. upon opening the changer, he discovered none other than an eminem cd inside. he's got large hands and concealed it and asked me to come outside for a surprise. he pulls out the eminem cd and a lighter. he proceeded to torch the cd. it was classic

Anything, | Mean Anything by EMINEM. He is the most Annoying sounding POS I have ever heard. I storm out of any bar upon hearing his crap coming thru the speaks

Agree 1000%. It gives me a severe migrane. Hopefully he'll fade away. :o

Wishful thinking - far worse music than Eminem. I dare say he'll be around far longer than anyone can hope for- best bet is he retires like Jayz.

Edited by britmaveric

A classic moment occurred once at a bar I used to frequent who played eminem like he was the 2nd coming of christ. A friend of mine with similar feeling about the scum, was allowed to put on his own cd in the bar. upon opening the changer, he discovered none other than an eminem cd inside. he's got large hands and concealed it and asked me to come outside for a surprise. he pulls out the eminem cd and a lighter. he proceeded to torch the cd. it was classic

Sounds like a wild night, nicking a cd and buring it. :D

I bet your mates the kind of nutter that sets off car alarms on the way back from the pub in the uk, or on the really mad ones, steals a bottle of milk from the milk float.

Lucky you boys are not dead or in jail already with your crazy wild classic antics :D

Your'll be smoking weed next :o

Edited by bkkmadness

What if you had just bought a really expense round and were enjoying some delightful company? Would you still storm out then?

Personally I find anything by The Bee Gees irratable, as for EMINEM I think he's groovy.

Wholeheartedly agree on being sick of the Scorpions.

Also sick of Ricky Martin, Hotel California, and that sexy, naughty bitch song by Tata. I thought Loso was really popular in Thailand but surprisingly don't hear them very often.

I like Eminem stuff. His songs always have a good beat to them even if they do overplay em'.

• 2 weeks later...