"new" Restaurant Called Spanky's Opening Near Original Escaoe

Ulysses G.

This is Bob,and I'm here to tell you that Texas will be closed this month and will move just around the corner and reopen about the 5th of July. The food will stay the same,and the prices will be the best in town...

Yes the location is off the trail,but I'm not going after the tourist,I'm going after all of you that live and work here.I think it's about time there was a place that served good without the high prices...

I'm a 4min walk from Mike's,and just down the street from Gecko Books,that's not very far to go for good food at prices that are cheaper then what you would pay for a beer in some bars...

Spanky

Just had one of your beef melts which i thoroughy enjoyed, but the beef thing got me thinking,how about heating the beef ( in the microwave), inserting into two slices of nice crusty bread, some sliced pickles with either mustard or horseradish sauce.A Chiang Mai hot beef sandwich.

Yummy Yummy

Edited by alfieconn

had early din din there yesterday .roast beef sandwich huge ,had a second roast beef with melted cheese which was great too.

then had a cheeseburger with bacon this was good too.

then tried a fried chicken sandwich and a b.q. pork these two were o.k. but the roast beef and cheese burger are king there.next i will attack his subs c what the time of day is with them.

I had a large order of the spanky's chili cheese fries were great compared to the now deceased joe jets . (Joe needed a lessons in chili cheese fries from Mr. Spanky)

the spanky has salt and pepper on table once i put some of both on roast beef it helped made it a real treat... for the money a real deal.

this would be a great late nite drunken treat for the few drunks out there .

How late is this place open? very good question.

another question is just how is this spanky and is he related, perhaps a relative to the Spankey and our Gang in some Hollywood way??

Edited by gatorhead333

another question is just how is this spanky and is he related, perhaps a relative to the Spankey and our Gang in some Hollywood way??

George "Spanky" McFarland died of a heart attack in 1993.

I hope that somewhere there is an explanation as to why the place is called Spanky's.

Personally, I'd like it explained before I made a visit - in order to avoid putting myself in an embarrassing situation.

If he'd called it 'Wanky's'* I'm sure it would be full every night. If it doesn't take off, it would be a minor adjustment to change the sign anyway.

* Is it okay to use the 'W' word on this forum?

George "Spanky" McFarland died of a heart attack in 1993.

I hope that somewhere there is an explanation as to why the place is called Spanky's.

Personally, I'd like it explained before I made a visit - in order to avoid putting myself in an embarrassing situation.

If he'd called it 'Wanky's'* I'm sure it would be full every night. If it doesn't take off, it would be a minor adjustment to change the sign anyway.

* Is it okay to use the 'W' word on this forum?

i don't get it.. is this wanky a brit thing ? i am not hip to this lingo.

spanky as in the above of huge classic hollywood fame . and it is a very proper name indeed ..

if you hog down enough of these tasty treats long enough you too can jack up your heart attack profile and certainly maybe follow in the foot steps of the original,famous and much loved George Spanky Mc Farland.

after dinner of burger with steak fries at the rosewood in hong dong tonite and comparing it to the spanky cheese bacon heart attack burger... except for the cool ac , table cloth,large screen tv,etc etc. at rosewood i would prefer to order a take out from the spankymisters of roast beef sandwich with a side of a bacon cheese heart attack burger and a large chilli cheese fries...then sit in the rosewood pay a "cork" fee and eat the spankmisters food. think that would work out??

gatorhead333.

think that would work out??

why not ?

try it :)

you can take your own whiskey into a lot of thai places and just buy their soda , ice , mixers .

maybe rosewood would let you take in other peoples food.

dave2

ps ... famous and much loved George Spanky Mc Farland.... ughhh ? ?

im a 60 year old brit who has never heard of george spanky mc farland ....untill today !

my loss i guess : (

had early din din there yesterday .roast beef sandwich huge ,had a second roast beef with melted cheese which was great too.

then had a cheeseburger with bacon this was good too.

then tried a fried chicken sandwich and a b.q. pork these two were o.k. but the roast beef and cheese burger are king there.next i will attack his subs c what the time of day is with them.

I had a large order of the spanky's chili cheese fries were great compared to the now deceased joe jets . (Joe needed a lessons in chili cheese fries from Mr. Spanky)

the spanky has salt and pepper on table once i put some of both on roast beef it helped made it a real treat... for the money a real deal.

this would be a great late nite drunken treat for the few drunks out there .

How late is this place open? very good question.

No wonder they call you gator, you can eat like one! Yikes, that's a lot of food!!!

A lot of people have been coming into the shop and saying good things about Spanky's new location, cheaper prices and especially how pleasant Bob, the host is. He was not around the old place much.

The meatball sandwich is good and I love the apple crumble with vanilla ice cream.

Edited by Ulysses G.

A lot of people have been coming into the shop and saying good things about Spanky's new location, cheaper prices and especially how pleasant Bob, the host is. He was not around the old place much.

The meatball sandwich is good and I love the apple crumble with vanilla ice cream.

Bob is always great, so was Mike. I'm glad that Mike has become a heath food convert and am waiting for the new Mike's Vegan Restaurant, "Converting Meat Eaters Since 2010."

Bob is always great, so was Mike. I'm glad that Mike has become a heath food convert and am waiting for the new Mike's Vegan Restaurant, "Converting Meat Eaters Since 2010."

There goes my idea of convincing him to open another In and Out...

dined at the spankmiester last night... home of the original canadian bacon,chesse heart attack burger..had the H.A. bacon cheese burger followed by a roast beef sandwich with chilli cheese frys with a chilli dog w/ heavy onions for dessert. topped it all off with a gin and soda (50baht ) since i am on a restricted diet.

GREAT CHILLI DOG !no not a ball park but a toasted bun and heap of chilli and a ton of onions which makes this dog a real treat for CM!!

roast beef very good again too. this place is a great change for CM !! The best place for a roast beef sandwich and a chille dog...Thank you mr. spanky!!

for all you that are not familiar with spanky and our gang ...this is where the original Buckwheat originated:

African Americans in Our Gang

The Our Gang series is notable for being one of the first times in movie history that blacks and whites were portrayed as equals, though a number of people, including members of the Black community, do not look favorably upon the characters of the black children today.[3] The four black child actors who held main-character roles in the series were Ernie "Sunshine Sammy" Morrison, Allen "Farina" Hoskins, Matthew "Stymie" Beard, and Billie "Buckwheat" Thomas. Ernie Morrison was, in fact, the first black actor signed to a long-term contract in Hollywood history,[4] and was the first major black star in Hollywood history as well.

• 1 month later...

I went to the new Spanky's location last night. Definitely a quality burger and the price was right. I got the large burger and fries for 95b. The only "constructive criticism" I could give Spanky would be to get better fries. Even Rimping sells a thicker cut fry that you can still get nice and crispy on the outside but have a little softness in the middle. I am not really a fan of shoestring fries but at least he does cook them right, nice and crisp. I guess you can't please everybody. Maybe we should do a survey on here???

Last night I felt like a burger and was wondering if there were any good places that I didn't know about. I did the search on here and found this thread. I did find the directions a little confusing though. I think it was Spanky himself that said its down from Gecko books and others described it as around the corner from Mikes. So I turned on to Chiang Moi from the moat then went Right (the wrong way) on Gecko Soi till I got to Gecko without finding it. So I then went in the opposite direction, crossed Chiang Moi, and continued till I found it. I previously didn't know where Las Vegas was till I found Spankys so that didn't help.

In any case, to help others find it:

-Turn on to Chiang Moi Rd from the moat (Mikes corner)

-Make your first Left Turn on a small road/soi

-Stay Right as it forks

-Spankys is on the Left BEFORE you get to the flashy little Las Vegas Bar at the end.

Spanky, if your reading this, I was going to introduce myself last night but you were chatting away with someone at the bar, possibly business so I didn't bother. I am the good-lookin' young-ish guy that was alone. Talk to you next time. I want to bring my Thai wife in for the BBQ sandwich as it looks dam_n tasty in the pics and I think she'd appreciate something like that.

. I am the good-lookin' young-ish guy that was alone. Talk to you next time. I want to bring my Thai wife in for the BBQ sandwich as it looks dam_n tasty in the pics and I think she'd appreciate something like that.

He won't know you from that description, there was 50 people in last night looking like that :) .

Edited by alfieconn

I went to the new Spanky's location last night. Definitely a quality burger and the price was right. I got the large burger and fries for 95b. The only "constructive criticism" I could give Spanky would be to get better fries. Even Rimping sells a thicker cut fry that you can still get nice and crispy on the outside but have a little softness in the middle. I am not really a fan of shoestring fries but at least he does cook them right, nice and crisp. I guess you can't please everybody. Maybe we should do a survey on here???

Bob, PLEASE do not change your fries for the thick ones!