What Can Cause A Multiday Headache

JohnGotti

i don't have a running nose or sore throat or a fever. Friday Night I got a strong headache, slept 8 hours and woke up with it Saturday (milder). Went to bed with it Saturday night and woke up with again... not really sure what it could be... i have all the normal stresses that I usually have, nothing out of the ordinary... The thing that has me kind of worried is that when I try to sleep, I have a hard time relaxing and feel like my mind keeps jumping from one thing to another, which is always the way my mind feels when I am sick... but again, no fever or other symptoms. any ideas? if i go to the doctor i would atleast like some suggestions about what to ask them to test for otherwise i am sure i will just be sent home with Tylenol.

Do you suffer from migraine? They can last days, and everyone seems to suffer different symptoms. eg I get intense pain behind the eyes, and a lot of visits to the toilet, as the digestion system goes west too. The longest I had was 4 days, apparently more common in women, but I knew a few blokes who got them.

Some people seem to get advance warning and can prepare. With me they just start, and they are I think related to stress.

You should have your blood pressure checked! I can get a headache from blood pressure that is either too high or too low.

:)

Absolutely...presumeably the doctor will check for Blood Pressure at the very beginning. If you have a home blood pressure checker, use it. High blood pressure can be a cause of continuing headaches. There can also be a problem that is keeping your blood pressure too high.

Anyhow the first thing is....GO TO A DOCTOR. Tell the doctor you have had continuing headache for longer than 49 hours. That is a sign of something wrong...not necessarily deadly...but not good. Most headache non-prescription (Asperin, Tylenol, Excedrin, etc.) usually say on the label/packaging instructions that you should see a doctor if you headache persists for more than 48 hours.

:D

I did some self check, on your symptons you describe. It should not be migraine, but a form of tension headache, which 80 to 90% of the people sometimes occure, it should stop by itself. Taking an aspirine can be okay, and you need to take rest and fresh air.

I did some self check, on your symptons you describe. It should not be migraine, but a form of tension headache, which 80 to 90% of the people sometimes occure, it should stop by itself. Taking an aspirine can be okay, and you need to take rest and fresh air.

This could very well be true. Or, it could be something serious that includes the possibility of high blood pressure. This definitely needs to be checked.

Several years ago I was hiking in Arizona and began having headaches. Didn't think much of it. Just kept going. The second night I went into a grocery store to buy some milk and a couple of donuts for after dinner. There was a blood pressure machine. My BP was so high that I went to the emergency room where they admitted me within minutes and did a brain scan to see if there was bleeding. All was okay, although I have been on BP meds ever since and it is now under control completely. However, up till that point I had never had any noticeable BP problem.

I've had the same thing and was told by the doctor it was likely to be food poisoning.

I keep having the symptom ...and the source problem. The food here is extremely unreliable for me (been here 3 months)- am I just too sensitive to this?

I've had the same thing and was told by the doctor it was likely to be food poisoning.

I keep having the symptom ...and the source problem. The food here is extremely unreliable for me (been here 3 months)- am I just too sensitive to this?

No you'r not the only one, I'm very sure. The "hyiene" standard is lower in Thailand.

John I readed this on a Dutch website:

Tenslotte blijk uit wetenschappelijk onderzoek dat klaarkomen een middel tegen migraine en hoofdpijn kan zijn.

Translation: Scientific research showed that having an orgasm is a very good antidote against migraine and headache.

Edited by Datsun240Z

i don't have a running nose or sore throat or a fever. Friday Night I got a strong headache, slept 8 hours and woke up with it Saturday (milder). Went to bed with it Saturday night and woke up with again... not really sure what it could be... i have all the normal stresses that I usually have, nothing out of the ordinary... The thing that has me kind of worried is that when I try to sleep, I have a hard time relaxing and feel like my mind keeps jumping from one thing to another, which is always the way my mind feels when I am sick... but again, no fever or other symptoms. any ideas? if i go to the doctor i would atleast like some suggestions about what to ask them to test for otherwise i am sure i will just be sent home with Tylenol.

Can you tell us how you're doing? i'm a bit worried myself as i have headaches myself but usually not longer than 2days. Hope you're fine.

....maybe it's from you overblown ego ?

It could just be stress, anxiety and lack of sleep, which calls for a lifestyle change.

But funnily enough I had something similar last week, so too a couple of friends. Maybe it's a virus causing a low level fever, and the dehydration causes a headache.

For me, it also brought in to focus how I tend to 'run too hot' anyway, and how I need to reduce caffeine, and alcohol intake, and chill out more often.

I wouldn't go to the doctords just yet, but a general check up is a good idea now and then.

Good luck.