Uk Fiance Visa

Hi, im intending to apply for a fiance visa to the uk next month.... im thai girl with good educational background..... we have been living together in thailand for 2 years and just had a baby as well. we have evidences that we have been living together for 2 years. we intend to get married in the uk within 6 months of getting there... how do we prove that we intend to get married???? we are not planning on any major wedding ceremony ... initially, we intend to have a simple marriage, meaning go to the registry and sign a mariiage contract until we have sufficient funds to do a proper ceremony. what sort of proof would they need? Also, we have managed to get 250,000 baht in the bank as savings, which came from money owed to us by mates. Does it matter where the money came from? My bf, who is obviuosly my sponsor hasnt been working properly in the uk for the last few years, meaning making money in all sorts of way however he finally had a decent job offer with decent wages and will be starting in september. we can provide an employment contract on this. we have accomodation available upon arrival.. what do we need to show? would employment contract be sufficient as well?? pls let us know... TO KEEP IT SIMPLE, 3 QUESTIONS!!!!

1. HOW DO WE PROVE THAT WE ARE GONNA GET MARRIED IN THE UK WITHIN 6 MONTHS??? FROM MY UNDERSTANDING, WE CANNOT BOOK WITH THE REGISTRY TILL WE BOTH GET THERE.

2. WOULD THEY QUESTION MY BF ON HIS SAVINGS, WHERE HE GOT IT AND HOW, ETC.....

3. DOES IT MATTER IF HE DOES NOT HAVE A JOB YET AND WILL BE STARTING IN SEPTEMBER? WOULD THEY QUESTION HIM ON HIS EMPLOYMENT HISTORY ETC? WHAT DOCUMENTS DOES HE NEED TO SHOW AS A SPONSOR ON THIS MATTER?

HOPING TO HEAR FROM ANYONE. THANKS.

If you have been living together for 2 years, and can prove it, have you considered applying as an unmarried partner? You could then be granted a settlement visa for 2 years, at the end of which you could then apply for ILR - so you cut out one stage of the process and save several hundred pounds. The only slight problem with doing it that way is that if you wanted to get married in the 2 years before you are granted ILR you would probably have to apply for a Certificate of Approval to get married. If getting married within the next 2 years is important to you, then perhaps you are correct to apply for the fiancee visa before you go.

If you can show that you have made some enquiries to a Registry Office about available dates, maybe also to possible venues for a reception, the ECO will probably accept your intention to get married.

Apart from that, whether you apply as a fiancee or as an unmarried partner, I can't see you having any problem. If your partner has an employment contract starting soon after your arrival in the UK and you have the sum you mention to start you off, there shouldn't be any question about his ability to provide support.

You say you have "accommodation available on arrival". If this is provided by friends or family, you will have to show that it is only for a short period, and that you will be able to find and pay for your own accommodation within a few months.

If you have been living together for 2 years, and can prove it, have you considered applying as an unmarried partner? You could then be granted a settlement visa for 2 years, at the end of which you could then apply for ILR - so you cut out one stage of the process and save several hundred pounds. The only slight problem with doing it that way is that if you wanted to get married in the 2 years before you are granted ILR you would probably have to apply for a Certificate of Approval to get married. If getting married within the next 2 years is important to you, then perhaps you are correct to apply for the fiancee visa before you go.

If you can show that you have made some enquiries to a Registry Office about available dates, maybe also to possible venues for a reception, the ECO will probably accept your intention to get married.

Apart from that, whether you apply as a fiancee or as an unmarried partner, I can't see you having any problem. If your partner has an employment contract starting soon after your arrival in the UK and you have the sum you mention to start you off, there shouldn't be any question about his ability to provide support.

You say you have "accommodation available on arrival". If this is provided by friends or family, you will have to show that it is only for a short period, and that you will be able to find and pay for your own accommodation within a few months.

THANKS FOR THE HELP. WE JUST HAD A BABY BORN AS WELL, HE'S ONLY A MONTH OLD. CAN WE TAKE HIM TO THE UK THE SAME TIME I HAVE BEEN GRANTED A FIANCE VISA? I READ SOMEWHERE THAT CHILDREN UNDER 18 ON A FIANCE VISA CAN ONLY BE TAKEN TO THE UK IF WE CAN PROVE THAT THERE WILL BE SERIOUS DAMAGES IF HE WASN'T TAKEN WITH US. WHAT DOES THAT MEAN? WE CAN'T LEAVE THE BABY IN THAILAND!!! ALSO CAN HE GET A BRITISH PASSPORT EVEN IF WE ARE NOT MARRIED YET. HOW WOULD THIS WORK? GETTING A BIT WORRIED NOW AFTER READING THAT CHILDERN UNDER 18 CANT COME IF ON A FIANCE VISA....... WOULD APPRECIATE ADVISE ON THIS. THANKS AGAIN

Not correct.

Living with freinds or family is perfectly acceptable, provided you can show that there is at least one room for your exclusive use. If you are going to do this ten the person(s) offerring acommodation should write a letter inviting you to live with them and describing the acommodation available to you. They should also demonstarte that you can live there. if they own then by providing proof of ownership, i.e. a mortgage statement or copy of the deeds. If they rent then a letter from their landlord confirming that you can live there.

See Maintenance and accommodation and SET01- Fiancé(e)s

A fiance visa lasts for 6 months, during that time you must marry and then apply for Further Leave to Remain. This lasts for 2 years after which you apply for Indefinite Leave to Remain.

As Eff1n2ret says, if you can demonstrate that you have been living together in a relationship akin to marriage for at least 2 years then you may qualify for an unmarried partners visa. This means that there is no need to rush into the marriage and it lasts for 2 years after which you apply for ILR, cutting out the FLR stage and saving that fee.

See SET05 - Unmarried and same sex partners

Alternatively, you could marry in Thailand and then apply for a spouse visa. This also lasts for 2 years and cuts out the FLR stage.

See SET3 Spouses

Edit, following simultaneous posts.

Assuming your fiance is British, then the child is as well so does not need a visa. for how to get a British passport for the child see How to register a birth

Edited by 7by7

THANKS FOR THE HELP. WE JUST HAD A BABY BORN AS WELL, HE'S ONLY A MONTH OLD. CAN WE TAKE HIM TO THE UK THE SAME TIME I HAVE BEEN GRANTED A FIANCE VISA? I READ SOMEWHERE THAT CHILDREN UNDER 18 ON A FIANCE VISA CAN ONLY BE TAKEN TO THE UK IF WE CAN PROVE THAT THERE WILL BE SERIOUS DAMAGES IF HE WASN'T TAKEN WITH US. WHAT DOES THAT MEAN? WE CAN'T LEAVE THE BABY IN THAILAND!!! ALSO CAN HE GET A BRITISH PASSPORT EVEN IF WE ARE NOT MARRIED YET. HOW WOULD THIS WORK? GETTING A BIT WORRIED NOW AFTER READING THAT CHILDERN UNDER 18 CANT COME IF ON A FIANCE VISA....... WOULD APPRECIATE ADVISE ON THIS. THANKS AGAIN

You can't get anything to prove that you will marry on a fiance visa as you cannot get proof without being resident in the UK. The only way would be to book a reception pace and produce a receipt.

If the father of the baby is your current partner and he is British, then the baby is entitled to a British passport and so doesn't come under any visa application you make as the baby has the right to enter and reside in the UK. The only problem would be if your partner was not born in the UK and got his British citizenship by having a British father/mother. In that case he would not be able to pass it on.

You cannot book a ceremony until the foreign national arrives in the UK the ECO are aware of this rule.

Please take note you cannot book a wedding or make arrangements until your fiance is here in the UK.

Duly enclosed:

AECIP 83/03 states :

"A reminder has now issued to all our offices overseas (under reference AECIP 83/03). The relevant section of this AECIP reads as follows:

"1. There has been some confusion over whether ECOs [Entry Clearance Officers] should be asking for confirmation of wedding bookings at a registry office. This should not be happening. Registrars cannot make arrangements until the foreign national has arrived in the UK.

"2. ECMs [Managers] are therefore asked to re-acquaint themselves and their staff with the procedures outlined in DSP 13.9".

Regards

Edited by ThaiVisaExpress

You cannot book a ceremony until the foreign national arrives in the UK the ECO are aware of this rule.

Please take note you cannot book a wedding or make arrangements until your fiance is here in the UK.

Duly enclosed:

AECIP 83/03 states :

"A reminder has now issued to all our offices overseas (under reference AECIP 83/03). The relevant section of this AECIP reads as follows:

"1. There has been some confusion over whether ECOs [Entry Clearance Officers] should be asking for confirmation of wedding bookings at a registry office. This should not be happening. Registrars cannot make arrangements until the foreign national has arrived in the UK.

"2. ECMs [Managers] are therefore asked to re-acquaint themselves and their staff with the procedures outlined in DSP 13.9".

Regards

Funnily enough, when applying for my wifes's fiance visa for her to come to the UK, I had to provide proof that a wedding ceremony had been booked and so I had to get a letter from the minister stating that a ceremony had been booked.

You can explain to the minister about your fiance's situation and ask him to write you a letter another thing I did was book the reception and sent the receipt for that along in her visa application although this was 3 years ago so things might have changed hope this helps.

Brigante7.

Edited by Brigante7

Hi, im intending to apply for a fiance visa to the uk next month.... im thai girl with good educational background..... we have been living together in thailand for 2 years and just had a baby as well. we have evidences that we have been living together for 2 years. we intend to get married in the uk within 6 months of getting there... how do we prove that we intend to get married???? we are not planning on any major wedding ceremony ... initially, we intend to have a simple marriage, meaning go to the registry and sign a mariiage contract until we have sufficient funds to do a proper ceremony. what sort of proof would they need? Also, we have managed to get 250,000 baht in the bank as savings, which came from money owed to us by mates. Does it matter where the money came from? My bf, who is obviuosly my sponsor hasnt been working properly in the uk for the last few years, meaning making money in all sorts of way however he finally had a decent job offer with decent wages and will be starting in september. we can provide an employment contract on this. we have accomodation available upon arrival.. what do we need to show? would employment contract be sufficient as well?? pls let us know... TO KEEP IT SIMPLE, 3 QUESTIONS!!!!

1. HOW DO WE PROVE THAT WE ARE GONNA GET MARRIED IN THE UK WITHIN 6 MONTHS??? FROM MY UNDERSTANDING, WE CANNOT BOOK WITH THE REGISTRY TILL WE BOTH GET THERE.

2. WOULD THEY QUESTION MY BF ON HIS SAVINGS, WHERE HE GOT IT AND HOW, ETC.....

3. DOES IT MATTER IF HE DOES NOT HAVE A JOB YET AND WILL BE STARTING IN SEPTEMBER? WOULD THEY QUESTION HIM ON HIS EMPLOYMENT HISTORY ETC? WHAT DOCUMENTS DOES HE NEED TO SHOW AS A SPONSOR ON THIS MATTER?

HOPING TO HEAR FROM ANYONE. THANKS.

Hi,

I dont think you should have any problems getting a visa to go to the uk as long as you can provide proof that you are genuine.

why dont you just apply for a normal 6 month tourist visa and then get married in the uk during that time? you dont need to prove anything about getting married. just do it.

My girlfriend has been to the uk 2 times with a 6 month visa with me and never was rejected for the visa.

she had regular movement in her bank account and enough money to support her time there, although I supported her. She does own property in Thailand and she has a son also. This obviously helps. of course I was her sponser and had she stayed with me all the time. We also provided emails, photos and her degree. You will get all the origanal documents back. photo copy all the documents for the visa section.

You said you have funds in your bank account. It is irrelevent where it comes from. You have a baby together and if your boyfriend has his name on the birth cert it will help also.

if you provide emails between you both and photos of you both over the last 2 years it will help also.

I am not sure about the job part, but if your boyfriend can supply proof of intent of employment that should be fine.

Dont worry too much, just provide as much proof that you are both a genuine couple then that should be enough.

Good luck and I hope this helps.

boney

I dont think you should have any problems getting a visa to go to the uk as long as you can provide proof that you are genuine.

why dont you just apply for a normal 6 month tourist visa and then get married in the uk during that time? you dont need to prove anything about getting married. just do it.

You need to be aware that you are not allowed to get married in the UK on a Tourist Visa, you cannot "just do it"

This is from the UKBA website, hope it helps.

"Can I get married or register a civil partnership in the UK?

If either you or your future husband, wife or civil partner are not EEA (European Economic Area) or Swiss nationals, you can visit the UK together to get married or register a civil partnership as long as you intend to leave the country within six months.

• Everyone coming to the UK to get married or to register a civil partnership (except EEA and Swiss nationals) must get a visit for marriage or visit for civil partnership visa.
  • You will need to show evidence that you plan to enter into a marriage or civil partnership during the period for which you are granted leave (which will be for six months)."

You can marry in the UK if here with an ordinary tourist visa, but will need to obtain a Certificate of Approval from the Home Office first.

If you did this, then you would not be able to apply for settlement whilst still in the UK, but would need to return home and apply there.

(Before anyone posts that they did so, the law changed a few years ago. It used to be possible, now it isn't.)

I stand corrected, yes you can apply for a Certificate of Approval, but that is a very long process which involves a lot of evidence and has to be done by post, I think Durham or somewhere, and a wedge of cash. You also need to have a certain time left on your visa.

I was trying to advise that you cannot just go to the UK and "just do it".

"yes you can apply for a Certificate of Approval, but that is a very long process which involves a lot of evidence and has to be done by post, I think Durham or somewhere"

Let me guess oldgit - you come from a place well south of Watford Gap :)