Anyone Riding Down To The Malaysian Motogp 2009?

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah I think we can. Only issue I have to deal with is whether my new ER6f will be here and properly plated and greenbooked in time. The Sepang MotoGP is October 25th. The ER6f was rumored to be released in late July, but it will likely be later. But I'm hopeful I can get everything squared by late October. Otherwise I might rent something if it's possible to ride it into Malaysia.

I've been to MotoGP in the states once. Rode to that one too on and R6. Very fun. Now to have the chance to ride across Thailand and Malasia to see the penaultimate GP contest in a tight season! I wouldn't miss it! :)

I am in Phuket so those coming from the north of me I will have to meet in Krabi or something.

We need to get RusticCharm to lead us. He did it last year, check it out:

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/Bangkok-Mala...ti-t219714.html

SB

Edited by Scubabuddha

I am in Phuket so those coming from the north of me I will have to meet in Krabi or something.
Yep, Krabi's a good place to meet.
We need to get RusticCharm to lead us. He did it last year, check it out:

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/Bangkok-Mala...ti-t219714.html

SB

Not sure about that. I did <deleted> up the paperwork for the Malay side.  :)

But I do know the way to the hotels.

Yeah I think we can. Only issue I have to deal with is whether my new ER6f will be here and properly plated and greenbooked in time. The Sepang MotoGP is October 25th. The ER6f was rumored to be released in late July, but it will likely be later. But I'm hopeful I can get everything squared by late October.
What's the price on a new ER6f? I was at Red Baron on Monday and they've a very nice secondhand R1 and R6.
Otherwise I might rent something if it's possible to ride it into Malaysia.
I wouldn't recommend this from the info I've heard but I think it's possibly doable. Paperwork is a pain, I think. Edited by RusticCharm

I would like to do this but I don't want to go alone if anyone's interested.

Hmmm, thinking about it . . . is that YOUR picture beside your post????

555 you wish huh? My picture..yes..the person IN the picture is my GF.

I remember once in the states I saw a large group of street bikers go by, and "driving" two of them were the cutest looking little asian girls. I wasn;t sure how they could even touch the ground! Mmmm.

Unfortunately my GF won't even drive the Honda Wave anymore since a dog ran out infront of her and she came off.

Yeah I think we can. Only issue I have to deal with is whether my new ER6f will be here and properly plated and greenbooked in time. The Sepang MotoGP is October 25th. The ER6f was rumored to be released in late July, but it will likely be later. But I'm hopeful I can get everything squared by late October.
What's the price on a new ER6f? I was at Red Baron on Monday and they've a very nice secondhand R1 and R6.

The ER6f (branded the Ninja 650R in N. America) is going for the unbelievable price of "somewhere between 225,000 baht and 280,000 baht" We are all thinking it will be in the 245,000 range because it is only being sold with ABS in Thailand, and the naked version, ER6n is sold for 225,000 baht with no ABS.

The thread on the ER6f is here: http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/Kawasaki-Er6-t244829.html

How much were the R6 and R1?

SB

post-70760-1246446394_thumb.jpg

post-70760-1246446452_thumb.jpg

Edited by Scubabuddha

The '07 R1 is 520k and the R6, 460k.

http://www.redbaronbkk.com/products/?cat=10

I love to hear that used comparable bikes (at least in the case of the R6) are nearly twice a new ER6f. And look at the two Enduro's. A Kawasaki KLX250 is 149,000 new.

Ok, back OT: So interseted in the ride to Malaysian MotoGP at Sapeng October 23rd to 25th 2009 so far are:

ScubaBuddha

fatbastard68

a_classic_cigar

RusticCharm

glasshock

tonguethaied

Did i miss anyone?

SB

Edited by Scubabuddha

The '07 R1 is 520k and the R6, 460k.

http://www.redbaronbkk.com/products/?cat=10

I love to hear that used comparable bikes (at least in the case of the R6) are nearly twice a new ER6f. And look at the two Enduro's. A Kawasaki KLX250 is 149,000 new.

Ok, back OT: So interseted in the ride to Malaysian MotoGP at Sapeng October 23rd to 25th 2009 so far are:

ScubaBuddha

fatbastard68

a_classic_cigar

RusticCharm

glasshock

tonguethaied

Did i miss anyone?

SB

I'm interested :)

I'll leave it to ScubaBuddha to update the name list but 8 in a few days is pretty good.

Just under 4 months to go though. Will be interesting to eventually see who actually does ride down.

Edited by RusticCharm

Right - just sent an email requesting to use the logo for our site to try and see if we can get more ppl interested in the ride and event.. We have a few MC's we keep in touch with that are really keen on the trip (some from overseas - a few are relocating to here and shipping the bikes over)... not sure how long it will take them to do that - but at least the interst is there...4 from the US, 2 from Belgium...)

Ok, updating interest list:

ScubaBuddha

fatbastard68

a_classic_cigar

RusticCharm

glasshock

tonguethaied

saorsa

BigBikeBKK

Singha Gold

handydog

Plus 6 guys via a_classic_cigar. Wow 16 people!! Excellent.

:)

Im definately interested if there is anyone else coming from chiang mai - my bike yama fz6

Im definately interested if there is anyone else coming from chiang mai - my bike yama fz6
Chiang Mai to KL and back? :)

You northerners also have the option of putting your bikes on a train for part of the way. I read somewhere here people doing that to Surrithani.

I'm up for this adventure if I am not out of the country due to work.. Sign me up as a "most probably"

Peace,

Johan

You are duly signed up.

ScubaBuddha (Joe)

fatbastard68

a_classic_cigar

RusticCharm

glasshock

tonguethaied

saorsa

BigBikeBKK (Tony)

Singha Gold

handydog

dunder (Johan)

Plus 6 guys via a_classic_cigar.

Ok, updating interest list:

ScubaBuddha

fatbastard68

a_classic_cigar

RusticCharm

glasshock

tonguethaied

saorsa

BigBikeBKK

Singha Gold

handydog

Plus 6 guys via a_classic_cigar. Wow 16 people!! Excellent.

:)

another one from CM-honda goldwing {lead wing}

Are wives allowed or is it strictly a men only affair?

It doesn't matter to me. Anyone have opinion on that?

Update:

ScubaBuddha

fatbastard68

a_classic_cigar

RusticCharm

glasshock

tonguethaied

saorsa

BigBikeBKK

Singha Gold

handydog

laprac

helloall

Plus 6 guys via a_classic_cigar.

I found a Brit that rents Ninjettes and other big bikes in Phuket, and he says no problem taking one of his bikes into Malaysia. He has done it before. He will get all the documents translated for me before we go. So if anyone else wants to rent for the ride let me know. He has 2 new Ninja250's and some cruisers. I'm taking the black Kwacker, unless of course by some miracle an ER6f arrives and gets booked and plated in time.

Interesting to note a 2009 Ninja 250R has nearly the same horsepower as my 1993 Honda CBR 400RR. 45 to 53 respectively or there abouts. Should be adequate for me, although I'de rather have the 75 of the ER6f. :)

post-70760-1247909017_thumb.jpg

post-70760-1247909272_thumb.jpg

post-70760-1247909860_thumb.jpg

Edited by Scubabuddha