Car Tax For Vehicle Bought In Auction

I bought a car at an auction Saturday and the tax has expired. I am not going to get the blue book for about two weeks but planning to collect the car tomorrow. is there anything I can do to sort out the tax or can I only do it when I have the car? Many thanks as always for your assistance. GB

You'll need the blue book to take to the transportation department in order to pay the taxes. You will also need the compulsory insurance to show to them also.

//edit - and if the car is older then 7 years, it needs to have a safety inspection first.

Thanks the car is newish so no problem with this. Will be insured before I drive it. However do you know if driving it without it being taxed would invalidate the insurance? and if the BIBs pull me is it the usual shakedown or what? Many thanks

Thanks the car is newish so no problem with this. Will be insured before I drive it. However do you know if driving it without it being taxed would invalidate the insurance? and if the BIBs pull me is it the usual shakedown or what? Many thanks

If they do find an expired tax sticker it is possible they will fine you. Happened to me, 400 Baht - real fine, not tea money. :) Not sure about insurance, will see others response.

Carry the receipt as proof of buy with you, and tell them you could not pay road tax yet, because you don't have the Tabien Rot until now. This should help, but you never know... :)