4th Of July, Pattaya

cochran

And why pray tell should the be celebrations in Thailand for American Independence Day, cant seem to remember anything for St Georges/Patricks day? Oh sorry forgot the whole world was the septics backyard so we should all celebrate their independence.

Whoa, RabC - simmer down!! On St. Pat's, I was in an Irish pub in Pattaya. On Chinese New Year's, I was at a party for Chinese New Year. I don't understand the vitriol, and especially calling the US "the septics" is a bit much. IF YOU CAN'T ADD ANYTHING CONSTRUCTIVE, BACK OFF.

BasilB, maybe you're right - where are the Brits celebrating the 4th?? That would probably be a very amusing party, actually. I've wondered in the past that if the Revolutionary War hadn't happened, how long would it have been before Britain "invited" the US to become independent?

Here's one - Leos Blues Bar - Soi Wongamat (18) Pattaya - Naklua Road,

Hot Dogs, Hamburgers, sausages, potato salad, corn on the cob, baked beans and Thai food all-u-can-eat 6 - 10p.m. Baht 250

Baht 50 beer

I know their bands usually start from 7:30p.m. but I am sure that it will happen earlier tomorrow. They have 3 bands a night!

Edited by aussiechick

syd barrett - those guys are insane to watch, aren't they? I have no idea how they keep it down. What was the American guy's name that won a year or two ago in a huge upset over the Japanese guy? I saw the replays of that one, and then they showed how the Japanese guy preps for these events. Amazing how much food this guy packs in for his prep meals.

Aussiechick - never been to Leo's before. Cool place? Comparo. to Blues Factory? Sounds good - may check this one out. I saw another post re: a BBQ starting at 5 pm at Chic N Coop on 2nd Rd, across from Mike's shopping mall, but this one at Leo's sounds like it may be better. Time for a recon drive tonight to make sure I can find the place.

Leos is easy to find - up 2nd road past the roundabout keep going past Barracuda bar, Star Dice Disco, Drum and Monkey, Ryans Irish bar THEN the corner with the Family Mart - this is all on the left if coming from Pattaya - turn left into Soi 18 and about 50 metres on your right - blue neon sign.

It usually is fun - mix of Aussies and Americans. Leo is American and a nice guy.

See you there (probably)

Office of Al Serrato, Post Commander

4th of July Celebration!!!

All Post members, supporters, and members of the community are invited to our free buffet!

Due to road construction at our Post Headquarters (Hog’s Breath), we will be holding our

celebration at the LOOK OUT INN. It is located on the ground floor of Center Condo,

across the street from Day and Night Hotel. From Walking Street, get on Pattaya Tai

(South Pattaya Rd.). Go past Wat Chai, on the left until you see Cucumber Restaurant ..

Turn left on that small soi and immediately left again. You are now at Center Condo.

If you need additional directions you can call the owner of Look Out Inn at 081 576 0252.

You can also contact Eric Larsen, my Adjutant/Quartermaster at 038 423 462.

PROGRAM:

1200 Post Commander gives opening remarks.

Post Chaplain gives prayer

Buffet Luncheon (Chicken, Ribs, etc)

Buddy Poppies will be available

Door Prizes given (Donations Needed)

50-50 raffle drawing will be held.

post-37101-1246628695_thumb.jpg

Bar La Cage GAY beer bar

Soi VC, Pattaya

Saturday 4th. American Independence Day. Stars and Stripes will decorate the bar. Bourbons, Martinis, Margaritas, Long Island Iced Teas and many more drinks on special promotion. Hamburgers and Hot Dogs cooked to order for just 85 baht each, plus a special mix of American hits.

Edited by Jingthing

Try Rich Man Poor Man, an American bar on Soi 9 Jomtien. Outstanding place with special plans for Independence Day ... and this from a Canuk.

Edited by NewGuy

The town will be full of Navy Seals and Special Forces, be careful guys :)

Why does one have to be careful when the U.S. Military is in town. Are they any worse than any other tourists from anywhere else in the world?

Patong Beach on Phuket was jam-packed with US Navy / USMC last weekend, and didn't seem any different than any other tourists - different haircuts, but same behaviors and demeanors - no better, no worse.

Okay, rott, I'll bite. What's the significance of July 12th?

Well, you might not be marking it in the same bar you celebrated St Patricks day ! I don't expect to see many Orangemen marching the traditional route through Pattaya on the 12th July though !

And by the way, being referred to as a "septic" isn't as bad as you think, just rhyming slang ie "septic tank" ....... you can work it out i'm sure ! :)

syd barrett - those guys are insane to watch, aren't they? I have no idea how they keep it down. What was the American guy's name that won a year or two ago in a huge upset over the Japanese guy? I saw the replays of that one, and then they showed how the Japanese guy preps for these events. Amazing how much food this guy packs in for his prep meals.

Joey Chestnut won the July 4th 2009 competition. He also broke the world record: 68 Hot dogs in ten minutes: That's 6.7kg of solids.

We ended up going to Leo's Blues Bar, as recommended by aussiechick (great to meet you in person!!) and it was a lot of fun. Not a huge place, but good music on the house system until the bands started, and the bands were really good. Leo is a great host, and the staff did a great job with the food, drink, and welcoming everyone. The place was packed. After we left there, Sea Zone for an AMAZINGLY GOOD Irish coffee, then Pop's Place for a really, really late nightcap and some good tunes from the All Stars. Excellent 4th, great Sat. night out.

Gotta say Leos Blues Bar was great for celebrating 04 July!!! Good food, great music and the boss coming round with Tequila shots!!! Partied with other Thiavisa members. From there to Sea Zone for the best Irish Coffee and on to Utopia in Soho Square (Walking Street) for more good music - plus the bike party - lots of great looking Harleys and then to complete the night Pops Place where we definitely not the only people there!!!

Looking forward to next Saturday!!!

Happy Birthday America :D:D:D:D:D STANDFAST in the Midist of those that would love to wipe you off the face of the Earth :) Don't you never ever forget Pearl Harbor and 911, which was number two>Third>let it never happen.

Do you know how much Churchill had to pay the Japs to bomb you guys off the fence in 1941?

Knock, knock!!

Who's there?

Nine-eleven

Nine-eleven who?

YOU PROMISED YOU WOULD NEVER FORGET!!!!

We ended up going to Leo's Blues Bar, as recommended by aussiechick (great to meet you in person!!) and it was a lot of fun. Not a huge place, but good music on the house system until the bands started, and the bands were really good. Leo is a great host, and the staff did a great job with the food, drink, and welcoming everyone. The place was packed. After we left there, Sea Zone for an AMAZINGLY GOOD Irish coffee, then Pop's Place for a really, really late nightcap and some good tunes from the All Stars. Excellent 4th, great Sat. night out.

Glad you had a good night out and thanks for dropping the names of some other venues that delivered good times and service.

Happy (belated) Birthday USA!!!

Good luck to you lads and hope you have an enjoyable day on the 4th.

But let's get to the important stuff, where's this years venue for the 12th of July?

Well, you might not be marking it in the same bar you celebrated St Patricks day ! I don't expect to see many Orangemen marching the traditional route through Pattaya on the 12th July though !

And by the way, being referred to as a "septic" isn't as bad as you think, just rhyming slang ie "septic tank" ....... you can work it out i'm sure ! :)

12th July? Take your pick!

1191 – Saladin's garrison surrenders, ending the two-year siege of Acre. Conrad of Montferrat, who has negotiated the surrender, raises the banners of the Kingdom of Jerusalem and of the Third Crusade leaders Richard I of England, Philip II of France, and Leopold V of Austria on the city's walls and towers.

1543 – King Henry VIII of England marries his sixth and last wife, Catherine Parr at Hampton Court Palace.

1580 – Ostrog Bible, the first printed Bible in a Slavic language, is published.

1690 – Battle of the Boyne (Gregorian calendar) – The armies of William III defeat those of the former James II.

1691 – Battle of Aughrim (Julian calendar) – The decisive victory of William's forces in Ireland.

1790 – The Civil Constitution of the Clergy is passed in France by the National Assembly.

1804 – Former United States Secretary of the Treasury Alexander Hamilton dies after being shot in a duel.

1806 – Sixteen German imperial states leave the Holy Roman Empire and form the Confederation of the Rhine.

1812 – War of 1812: The United States invades Canada at Windsor, Ontario.

1862 – The Medal of Honor is authorized by the United States Congress.

1917 – The Bisbee Deportation occurs as vigilantes kidnap and deport nearly 1,300 striking miners and others from Bisbee, Arizona.

1918 – The Japanese Imperial Navy battle ship Kawachi blows up at Shunan, western Honshu, Japan, killing at least 621.

1920 – The Soviet–Lithuanian Peace Treaty is signed. Soviet Russia recognized independent Lithuania.

1932 – Hedley Verity establishes a first-class record by taking all ten wickets for only ten runs against Nottinghamshire on a pitch affected by a storm.

1943 – World War II: Battle of Prokhorovka – German and Soviet forces engage in largest tank engagement of all time.

1960 – Orlyonok, the main Young Pioneer camp of the Russian SFSR, is founded.

1962 – The Rolling Stones perform their first ever concert, at the Marquee Club in London.

1973 – A fire destroys the entire 6th floor of the National Personnel Records Center of the United States.

1975 – São Tomé and Príncipe declare independence from Portugal.

1979 – The island nation of Kiribati becomes independent from Great Britain.

2006 – Hezbollah initiates Operation True Promise.

Enough variety out there for the haters, eh?

And why pray tell should the be celebrations in Thailand for American Independence Day, cant seem to remember anything for St Georges/Patricks day? Oh sorry forgot the whole world was the septics backyard so we should all celebrate their independence.

Get stuffed Rabid C.!