30 day chops

Dropout -

You write:

"... you have concluded that in the very near future people coming to Thailand on 30 day entry on arrival will probably..."

In have never "concluded" anything, or stated that anything is "probable."

My words, in the third paragraph of my initial post on this thread, were:

"When I hear that some border posts have been photocopying entire passport contents, and requiring in-bound turn-around practioners to sign each page showing a 30 day "visa on arrival", it seems apparrent that at least some border posts are preparing to execute a change in policy. Such preparations do not mean that it will happen."

Please read that last sentence again.

Question - have you read the reports on this forum about the photocopying of passports?  What is your explanation for that?  Maybe they are just trying out a new photocopier on random visitors for entertainment?

You are simply wrong concerning my thoughts about the potential for habitual VOA border turn practitioners to lose that privilege.   I have no thoughts one way or the other.  If Thailand suddenly denies Cambodians the right to enter Thailand, I similarly have no thoughts on way or the other.  It does not affect me, nor my clients, nor my friends.  I can see how it might affect some populations.  I fugure that if it happens, affected parties will adapt.  Those that prepare for such an eventuality ahead of time will probably fare better than those who don't.

The new increased immigration fees do affect me and my associates - and we have to adapt - or exit.  I did not come onto this board and  seek solace from VOA practitioners, for the terrible state of affairs that has befallen non-immigrant residents.  But I don't start blaming you for this situation, or acuse you of reveling in my (fairly trivial) misfortune.

Steve

Indo-Siam

I apologize for characterizing your statement that "it seems apparrent that at least some border posts are preparing to execute a change in policy" with a conclusion that a change in policy regarding VOAs is probable.  I retract my mischaracterization and agree this was entirely a misinterpretation on my part. Again, get a clue!  You remind me of the black knight from Monty Python's the Holy Grail.  Lets just call it a draw.

Hey dropout -

You write:  "Perhaps you should also consider the fact that if no less than 6 people have posted regarding how your comments are objectionable, perhaps those people are, god forbid, onto something and you need to reconsider what you are writing and how it is being interpreted rather than selectively quoting what you feel is not objectionable in your posts."

I have looked at the profiles of my critics.  As best as I can tell, only one of them was even a registered participant on this board before September.  Well, I began posting on this board in June - a few days after it was launched.  I was a paid advertiser on the main Thaivisa site starting I think January of this year.  I wrote the text at the "Incorporation" section of the main site more than one year ago.

I have looked at the critiques by newbies who have - as best as I can tell - never made any substantive, informed postings to contribute new facts to the board, and I have looked at the Private Messages I have received, and the readers of this forum who have visited me at my offices to introduce themselves.  What I have concluded is that my approach is effectively self-filtering - the people who come to me in positive frame of mind all seem to be serious people, looking for effective, no-bulls**t assitance.   The whiners all tell me that my attitude is turning them off, and I will starve because they will take their business elsewhere.  Hey, don't let the door hit you on the a** on the way out.  I don't need delusional customers with selective hearing.  Thailand is tough enough to do business in as a foreigner, without further mental encumbrances.

I will now retire from this discussionb -  as no new ground is being covered.   So - you can have the last word.  

Indo-Siam

I found this on Phuket Gazette:

http://www.phuketgazette.com/issuesanswers...ails.asp?id=320

It's an answer given by a Phuket Police Immigration Officer

It says:

Foreigners staying in Thailand for a total of 180 days or more in a year must pay tax on income received from worldwide investments and brought into Thailand. This applies even if the 180 days are not consecutive.

This means that one could have trouble staying more than 180 days on 30 days tourists visas.

Many people on this forum advise us to get a “visa”. My question is: How do I go about doing this? Am I eligible?

I keep a home in Thailand, but I work around the region on a freelance basis. I leave the country every couple of weeks, more or less for anything from a day trip to a week. A 60 + 30 day visitor visa is not an option as once I leave it would become null and void! My partner usually does get a 60 + 30 VV. I just come in and out of the country as my business requires, and so far – not even a second glance from any immigration officer anywhere.

I thought you had to work for a Company or have your own Thai Company to get a business visa.

I had initiated starting my own Company for this purpose, and am quite happy to pay taxes, but the Company would not be used in Thailand, so would only be a front for a business visa and perhaps work permit. (Even though I don’t work here.) I have now heard the authorities are also clamping down on Companies that are not really being used for genuine business in Thailand, (as this would be.) So have put this on hold for now. It seems rather ironic, that in order to try to comply and even pay taxes, I would have to open a bogus Company, which may be considered shady....

So far the 30 days entry on arrival for myself and the 60 + 30 Visitor visa (indispersed with the occasional 30 day border run if a trip overseas is not convenient) for my partner has not been a problem, and I have had no indication from immigration that they consider I am abusing their rules, but we would prefer to have more stability here.

I would appreciate some advice, or comments about how to go about getting a visa, and if we would be eligible.

Thought this quote was a "Classic"

It is kind of like the blind leading the blind. What about when their children need to get a decent eductaion.                    Khun ?  Posted: Sep. 28 2003,08:19

or is this the American way of spelling education? :laugh: