Walking Street Beat Down Caught On Video

Many of the comments here are missing the point. It is perfectly normal behavior in Thailand for people to gang up on a person and repeatedly kick them in the head until they are unconscious or even dead. I have witnessed it on many occasions, and I always find it disturbing. But it happens everywhere, in every town or village, amongst Thais. This is not what we might call a "civilized" country!

Many of the comments here are missing the point. It is perfectly normal behavior in Thailand for people to gang up on a person and repeatedly kick them in the head until they are unconscious or even dead. I have witnessed it on many occasions, and I always find it disturbing. But it happens everywhere, in every town or village, amongst Thais. This is not what we might call a "civilized" country!

The difference is when a farangs involved they all come running from every side street to all lay the boot in.. totally unrelated and uninvolved participants just dogpacking for the sale of it..

I have had a couple of rucks here over the years, one that quickly turned to group on one (got away) and a mate had his nose put level with his cheekbones with a wall brick needing lots of re-constructive surgery.

Fact is you A) dont want to get involved unless there no one else around and :) need to win, and win convincingly and fast before the situation changes then be out of there.

But as others have said.. thats how Thais fight.. If you go down consider yourself lucky to wake up in hospital.

scumbags

where was the tourist police, howard marks etc? don't they intervene in situations like this? you'd think if the tp/howard marks was worth anything of value in this role then they'd make a point of having thugs like this removed from the area...or do they just enjoy being in the thick of it & associating with them?

I think this happened at around 3-4 am when by that time that Howard and the TPV are finished leaving Thai police to take care.

:)

Ahhh... kick 'em when they are all ready down. Apparently the security guards at Insomnia had issues with the gents in white shirts. Another example of the "fun" tourists can have in country. :)

I have seen this many times at club Insominia. I can't understand why anyone would even go into the place. It's the most uninviting place in Pattaya with all the blue suited "security" standing out front harassing people. Beatings like this happen several time a week from what I have seen. Then again, I'm sure there are many that I don't see. Amazingly, the place is full almost every night, maybe it has something to do with being open all night. Or that, young Thai ladies like to bring their "dates" there.

I've herd that the crack down on bar hours, is a direct result of Insomnia "security" beating a family member of a high placed police officer from BKK. Bad for business, bad for Pattaya tourism. The owners of Insominia should wake up.

I wonder why the walking street bar owners haven't gotten together and had a stern talk with the owners of Insomnia.

All this bs and 'Thai hate farang' nonsense in the 'Best of Thailand' video forum. <deleted>? It's just a bunch of local yahoo's bitch-slapping and kicking more of the same.

Can someone post their next video of Wat Arun or the karsts offshore Krabi.

Thanks!

I watched the video, but I did not see a fight. I saw some bewildered kids getting stomped on by some thugs wearing black T shirts, and one dude looked like a Homo with pent up aggression dressed all in grey kick a guy in the head....

But I didn't see any atempt by the young kids in white t shirts and sandals to fight back etc. They just hit the ground and tried the fetal position.... poor sods really

Am amazed to see a bunch of Thais kicking ass on a couple of people. I thought that was special behavior reserved for farangs that insulted a Thai....... But it seems odd, since only a Thai knows how vengeful another Thai can be. Meaning after the bouncers finish playing football with the heads of the former patrons, they then come back later with weapons...Wait, maybe that is too much forward thinking for the bouncers. :)

And, of course, we all know this doesn't happen in "civilized countries," don't we.

• 3 weeks later...

Video has been removed by the good people at youtube. :)

How a video with a low amount of views can get deleted is beyond me. Especially with all the other highly viewed fighting/assault videos floating around. I sincerely hope that none of the gentle posters here flagged the video. :D If anyone did, and I am not saying anyone did, why not fess up to receive your accolades. :D

Anyway, that is the story as to why you cannot view it.

TheWalkingMan

Doormen behave like that the world over, nothing thats not seen in any other country in the world. Not that I condone it, I can't stand and dont understand the need for doormen in any club.

Does not happen where i live , there would be a public outcry,

• 2 months later...
Always hear the "ladies" shout at the background haha. It think it means something like stop it, stop it...

Did you filmed this "TheWalkingMan" ?

I was not the cameraman. I found the link on another board and posted it here. I am happy to say that I have not witnessed any beat downs while in Thailand.

Might have been wiser to mention this in your first post.