90 Day Reporting By Mail

Anywhere from 1-3 weeks from the reporting DUE-DATE!

If you have sent it in by EMS and traced the mail and have evidence that it arrived in time you have nothing to worry about. You'll get the return mail eventually.

opalhort

For those that have sent their 90 day form by mail in Bangkok, how long did it take to receive your receipt back in the mail?

Thanks.

Hey

I am not sure whether you meant that you are in Bangkok and have sent the documents to the Bkk immigration

If that is the case you are not allowed to do so

If not, well, your question has been answered

They used to discourage Bangkok residents from posting their reports. Now that people outside Bangkok have to report to their designated office and can no longer report to Bangkok maybe they are a bit more lenient with local residents.

I live in Bangkok and always send my 90 days report by mail and has always been accepted. It used to take a few weeks but the service has greatly improved. I just sent my report and was returned in a few days.

For those that have sent their 90 day form by mail in Bangkok, how long did it take to receive your receipt back in the mail?

Thanks.

Hey

I am not sure whether you meant that you are in Bangkok and have sent the documents to the Bkk immigration

I will disagree with that, unless there is some promulgated Radius in Kilometres and I am outside of it. I live in outer suburban bangkok (approx 25 Klm from Suan Plu) and I mail mine, religiously, via EMS every 90 days. Never got a nastygram from them and no-one says anything when I sign on for another year either.

Receipt times vary, but I reckon the average is a week.

Thanks.

Hey

I will disagree with that, unless there is some promulgated Radius in Kilometres and I am outside of it. I live in outer suburban bangkok (approx 25 Klm from Suan Plu) and I mail mine, religiously, via EMS every 90 days. Never got a nastygram from them and no-one says anything when I sign on for another year either.

Receipt times vary, but I reckon the average is a week.

This is good news but then again, either, laws have changed, or, you have been lucky.

I tried to mail at the beginning of the year and had prepared everything to send it out.

I enquired about the dates it had to be sent in to the immigration (on this site) and was told that it could not be done via mail (I am residing in Bangkok).

Nevertheless, I went to the immigration to ask the same question (before the report was due) and was given the same answer (Mind you that was before evryone had to eport to a specific office)

So, until proven wrong I will still report in person at the Suanplu's office (or whatever address it will be in the coming years)

But if you a link telling otherwise please share it with us

hehehe I guess your first mistake was to ask someone, lets face it, in my experience many of them don't know the rules themselves, or make them up as they go along as it suits at the time.

I have not seen anything written down that says you can't. But then I am just an illiterate farang, who tries to do the right thing. So far no problems, I just got my latest receipt, in the stamped, self addressed envelope, that is to be provided, last Friday.

I make sure i don't stuff up when I do it though, make sure all the proper photocopies are there and make sure I sign the form.

Perhaps its a case of, if you aren't sure you're going to like the answer, don't ask the question.

.......make sure all the proper photocopies are there and make sure I sign the form.

Also make sure you sign all the photocopies you send!

I've been told in the past not to mail in since I'm in BKK, yet I keep on doing so without problems.

The point is that if the documents are not in order (missing, not signed etc.) they will simply ignore the mail-in and won't bother to contact the sender!

opalhort

We are a retired couple living very near Mahboonkhrong. We have been mailing our 90 day reports for years and they have never said anything and always send us a new 90 day receipt.

Thanks for the input

As I live near by the immigration, I am not reallt bothered by the trip to this office but I guess I will reconsider it whenn they move to Chaeng Wattana

Now after a month, I still haven't received the receipt in the mail. Sending by Thailand Post EMS I can see online it arrived the next day without a problem. I am 100% sure every copy and document was signed, return stamped envelope included.

Am I going to have to go down there and pay the 2000 baht fine? Can't imagine immigration admitting any mistake on their part.

Very discouraging !

You can show that you send the report, so it is their mistake. Just don't rub it in and act civil. Just ask what went wrong and what should be done about it. Changes are they will sort things out right there and then and you don't have to pay a fine.

I am also still waiting. Mailed EMS to Suan Plu on 25.06, arrived next day, reporting due date was 01.07. and still haven't got it back. But this time we have to take the long holiday period into account.

Last year I had been waiting for a month and my wife phoned them and they found the details in their ledger (or whatever it's called) and admitted they had it processed but failed to mail it back. Got it back by mail two days later.

Give them a call first! Sorry don't know the current number.

opalhort

Since I live in Bangkok and on my first 90 reporting which I did in person I asked the nice lady at the 90 day reporting window at Suan Plu if I could report via mail as directly implied on their website. I was told "can not" since I live in Bangkok. Since I frequently visit a location/agency very close to Suan Plu I just play it safe and do my reporting in person at Suan Plu...most times I'm in-and-out within approx 30 minutes.