Tourism visa/ non-immigrant visa?

Hello all,

I am flying from Bangkok to Singapore next week in the purpose of getting a tourism visa. (The 10 days extension of my 30 days stamp on arrival will expire next week).

I am looking for a job in Bangkok.

So, I would like to know if there will be any problems for getting a non-immigrant visa at a Thai embassy just a few weeks after being issued a tourism visa?

When I will apply for my non immigrant visa, will the embassy reject my demand because of the tourism visa I got? Will they think that I was in Thailand in the purpose of finding a job?

Another thing: is it easy to get a tourism visa (my first one) at the Thai embassy in Singapore?

Thanks a lot, I appreciate your support.

Dagan.   :o

I do not think you have any reason to worry.  Taking a vacation trip between jobs - as a tourist - is not unusual - and nothing wrong with making that tourist trip to a country where you will next be working.  Just think of it that way (even though you are probably really traveling just for the job interview).

As your next step, getting a non-immigrant visa using a letter from your prospective employer will be easy.  Getting a job with work permit and long-term entry permit extension will be the challenge - beware being hoodwinked in this area.  Very few arriving teachers or "financial counselors" are entering jobs where they will be given a work permit.

Good luck!

Steve

Indo-Siam