Satelite Service/company In Chiangmai

marsteele

I am looking for a decent NO good satellite company in the Chianmai are.

Approximately 12 months ago I aquired the services of a company who promised me the world. A one off payment of 29,000 baht I get the equipment as mine and every channel I could dream of. This company had displays in department stores and major shopping centres so I thought they must be ligit. Had the salesmen come to my home with nice brouchers and explain all to me. I signed then after a few months the chanels started dropping off then got to the point I had to go onto the internet to get certain keys which I had to input just to view every 4 hours. I called the company and they informed me that thier contracts with certain broadcasters where or have expired. I wasn't informed of this at the time of signing. I have now learn't that all thier broadcasting rights expire on the 19th of July less than 12 months of me signing with them. I only have 3 channels now the BBC, Australia Network and HKK very poor for 29,000 baht.

I am requesting some tips on a good company that will give 100% of what they say and what I pay for. At the moment I have 29,000 baht of equipment which is useless.

Oh please to not recomment DYNASAT to me or you will be a bigger fool than me.

I signed up for Multichoice from NSS (North Star Sat) in March 2007. 19k installed. To date works well, though did lose coverage in a very heavy storm last year, but that lasted for only 15 minutes.

Never had to input any codes yet. wouldnt know how!

Multichoice is really best for sports, but does have Sky, BBC World and CNN news. Movies are usually a year or more old.

Iain

Approximately 12 months ago I aquired the services of a company who promised me the world. A one off payment of 29,000 baht I get the equipment as mine and every channel I could dream of. This company had displays in department stores and major shopping centres so I thought they must be ligit. Had the salesmen come to my home with nice brouchers and explain all to me. I signed then after a few months the chanels started dropping off then got to the point I had to go onto the internet to get certain keys which I had to input just to view every 4 hours. I called the company and they informed me that thier contracts with certain broadcasters where or have expired. I wasn't informed of this at the time of signing. I have now learn't that all thier broadcasting rights expire on the 19th of July less than 12 months of me signing with them. I only have 3 channels now the BBC, Australia Network and HKK very poor for 29,000 baht.

I am requesting some tips on a good company that will give 100% of what they say and what I pay for. At the moment I have 29,000 baht of equipment which is useless.

I certainly recognise the company you are talking about, the owner or manager has lied to and cheated me for the past four years or more. I have however found one particular employee to be honest. In my quest to get English language sport, BBC, CNN etc, fool that I am I have just signed up with the same company to provide a different service utilizing the same dish etc, I am assured I will be happy with this service. Cost, one off cost of 10,000 Baht plus 500 Baht per month. I am keeping my fingures crossed.

I certainly recognise the company you are talking about, the owner or manager has lied to and cheated me for the past four years or more. I have however found one particular employee to be honest. In my quest to get English language sport, BBC, CNN etc, fool that I am I have just signed up with the same company to provide a different service utilizing the same dish etc, I am assured I will be happy with this service. Cost, one off cost of 10,000 Baht plus 500 Baht per month. I am keeping my fingures crossed.

That is why I said, pm me, because I paid 6.500 and 350 per month :)

You forgot to tell that you need an internet connection.

The Guy I use is very reliable, I have used him for 2 years now and we only have problems if the internet goes down, you will need internet and if your Sat box is a Dream Box you can change with no other cost, he charge THB 300 per month, PM me for contact information.

/Claus

The Guy I use is very reliable, I have used him for 2 years now and we only have problems if the internet goes down, you will need internet and if your Sat box is a Dream Box you can change with no other cost, he charge THB 300 per month, PM me for contact information.

/Claus

That's what I mean.. Jesus.. 10.000 and 500 pm is Far too much, just like 29.000 for the movable dish. I had to buy the Dream box.

Thanks for that cmjantje, you are correct about the internet connection, I forgot that part of it. I will now enquire as to how I pm you, expect to hear from me for your advice as soon as I find out how to do it.

One particular shop is on San Kaphaeng Road on the left just prior to 1st ring road lights. If you elect for a 3 month account you can get it for 1000 baht, a small saving and with reliable service and obliging staff headed by Khun Rachun.

Thanks for that cmjantje, you are correct about the internet connection, I forgot that part of it. I will now enquire as to how I pm you, expect to hear from me for your advice as soon as I find out how to do it.

I'm looking for somebody to hookup 2 dreamboxes and a satellite dish, any suggestions?

I previously paid some Thai guy 9,000 baht for the dreamboxes and a satellite dish but he must have messed up the set up as it is continually cutting out.

Cheers :)

With Multichoice you dont have a montly fee or need an internet connection.

Iain

If you don't need a internet connection, do you have a subscription card ?

No subscription card, just a 'box'. No idea how it works, but it has been for 16 months.

Iain

I did the same thing only about 3 years ago. With the same mob, I have outlined this in 2 other threads started today more or less about the same topic. Forget DREAMTV from the PI, it isn't worth the hasslle.

My interests are Australian specific when it comes to what I want. All I need to know is whether I can receive Optus C1 156E Ku and I am in like Flynn

I did the same thing only about 3 years ago. With the same mob, I have outlined this in 2 other threads started today more or less about the same topic. Forget DREAMTV from the PI, it isn't worth the hasslle.

My interests are Australian specific when it comes to what I want. All I need to know is whether I can receive Optus C1 156E Ku and I am in like Flynn

Mine are the same need my aussie football (Saints)