What Would/could You Do?

jpolten

I've heard some stories about the BIB in thailand,corruption,incompetence,ect..ect.

I know they have a tough job and are paid little for it....but do you think some serious crimes are investigated fully?

I know most are how you see them and are straight forward cases....but what if you were set up?

One story in particular come's to mind with Taksin's war on drugs i saw on utube....a young couple left their home

in the country to work in bkk....had a bit of luck on the lottery...returned home spending money on a home,shop,car...

both were killed for suspect drug dealing because they didn't tell anyone about their win..without evidence or investigation!

I know there are thousands of these killing's with the war on drugs as i'm sure you all know!

So my question is what would/could you do to prove your innocence if set up for drugs,murder, ect and the police could

care less if you did it or not?

Would you hire a p.i?

Would you take a polygraph?...are polygraph's available in thailand?....are they accepted in a thai court?

Surely "We won the lottery" is the first line of excuse for any (legal or illegal) excessive income?

Its not like there isn't any paperwork involved with claiming a lottery win, besides - why would you keep it a secret, but still be seen spending loads of money.

Surely "We won the lottery" is the first line of excuse for any (legal or illegal) excessive income?

Its not like there isn't any paperwork involved with claiming a lottery win, besides - why would you keep it a secret, but still be seen spending loads of money.

Check it out on utube(think it was one of journeymanpictures)..think it was a genuine story by their parents!

I know if i won the lottery i'd keep it quiet..BIG LOTTERY WIN=LOTS OF "NEW FRIENDS"...someone will always want something from you......

so why tell everyone!

That example is just one of a thousand where the police used the war on drugs as an excuse to murder and then steal peoples wealth.

Another story was about a magazine editor up north,who was put on the list of drug dealers buy someone who had a grudge!

When he asked officials how can he resolve this he was told....there is only 3 way's you can...

*you admit your guilt and face your punishment

*you die of natural causes

*you are killed for your crime :)

With the recent topic involving the british couple and kingpower and some saying they were set up,fake cctv ect..

(Knowing the crimes in this OP are very different from that of the couple)..i'd like to ask again...what would/could you do

to prove your innocence?

With the recent topic involving the british couple and kingpower and some saying they were set up,fake cctv ect..

(Knowing the crimes in this OP are very different from that of the couple)..i'd like to ask again...what would/could you do

to prove your innocence?

I think you need to stop reading TV and go out in Thailand and have some fun and keep away from bleary eyed farangs with a story to tell......

Most of the horror stories are self inflicted.......and then a story has to emerge to create the illusion of innocence.....

But there have been some true horror stories too.......

Are you kidding!

When someone wins the lotto in Thailand EVERYONE knows about it!

The papers will come and take photos and they will be on the front page of every newspaper

There is no anonymity option for lotto winners in Thailand :)

to prove your innocence?

I think you need to stop reading TV and go out in Thailand and have some fun and keep away from bleary eyed farangs with a story to tell......

Most of the horror stories are self inflicted.......and then a story has to emerge to create the illusion of innocence.....

Ok....sorry :)

to prove your innocence?

Yes, read TV too much and you will start to beleive that the boogieman is Thai.

But in the HIGHLY unlikely event that I get into trouble here as a result of a frame-up for whatever alleged crime, I'd be making sure I can bribe whoever to be able to take the first plane/boat/car/train out of Thailand!

to prove your innocence?

Just tel em yours is bigger, he'll start crying :)