Extra Money For Thai Wife

The time for claiming 60% of your OAP extra for a Thai wife is running out. You must claim before 5 April next year and when granted you keep the extra until 2020.

The UK government try to make it difficult to obtain but stick at it and you will get the money with back pay to when you applied. If you have been married a long time it will be backdated 3 months from when you apply. Your Thai wife will be entitled to a British pension and also £2000.00 bereavement allowance when you leave this world. Don't delay do today.

I am in the middle of doing it already.

I was in New Zealand until the end of May and my original birth and marriage certificates were in Thailand.

when I spoke to them on the phone I explained that I was married to a Thai which is no problem but also that she had never lived or worked in the UK.

Would it be possible for her to obtain a National Insurance number?

Yes provided that I sent her original birth certificate and the marriage certificate which was already going off to them by Thai EMS post.

Today I had the original certificates back and I am waiting for my pension (and hers) to be paid.

I will follow up on this as more information becomes available.

:):D :D

• 10 months later...

It is interesting :) that April 2010, the deadline for getting the extra uk pension payment for

a Thai dependent wife, is ALSO the date at which the hugely important change in the

minimum contributions rule comes in. From this April, a UK retiree needs only 30 Years

contributions in order to get a FULL State Pension - a massive shift from the 44 Years

which has long been the requirement. I wonder: did a civil-servant look at the books

and ponder: 'Now where can we make cuts to help pay for this hike in the Basic State

Pension from April 2010 - I KNOW - bring the shutters down on that ridiculous hand-out

to all those lucky buggers sunning themselves hand-in-hand with their work-shy/DEPENDENT

Thai wives !' ( NO, not my thoughts ! - just a bit of role-play.)

• 1 month later...

I am in the middle of doing it already.

I was in New Zealand until the end of May and my original birth and marriage certificates were in Thailand.

when I spoke to them on the phone I explained that I was married to a Thai which is no problem but also that she had never lived or worked in the UK.

Would it be possible for her to obtain a National Insurance number?

Yes provided that I sent her original birth certificate and the marriage certificate which was already going off to them by Thai EMS post.

Today I had the original certificates back and I am waiting for my pension (and hers) to be paid.

I will follow up on this as more information becomes available.

:):D :D

Edited by dava314

hi billd766, just read your post 06/07/2009 regarding your claim for ADULT DEPENDENCY ALLOWANCE,but can/t see the follow up post,be good to know if you got it,if so could you post letter from UK pension on ;thai visa; with your NAME /n/i/NUM, blocked out ,i have just been refused A/D/ALLOWANCE, my claim as been on going since May 2009,i now have to go to appeal,and your letter might help,