Thaksin Nearly Arrested

webfact

People with his kind of net worth & political muscle fly under the radar, period.

They dont fly commercial, dont check thru regular Immigration & Customs.

Private Air & Seaports exist in every major city in the world. Many have several.

Nobody would know who was on board the flight, except the crew.

A private agent would meet & greet the plane, a couple bucks would keep the rest quiet.

I doubt he uses his Visa or American Express.

The Federales knew not, nor cared, that he was there for one nite.

There were no 'arrest' suggestions in other media

BR>Jack

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Guess he still had some good contact in Malaysian, that gave him a headup to FLEE the scene. Might be just as well they don't bring him back, it could be more trouble then it is worth, just think if he is jail and kill the problem it would cause the country, talking about Shirts in the street, I think there would REDBLOOD in the street if this were to happen. :D:):D

I don't believe that would actually happen. The passion of the reds has clearly fizzled. Just put him on an island somewhere. Thailand has lots of islands. Now he is on Fuji so he likes islands, its a win win.

Edited by Jingthing

Why bring him back?

Almost a certainty of major civil unrest if he returns or is brought back.

Yes, absolutely right.

It would be insane to arrest and return him.

If he is ever caught and locked in a prison I'm pretty sure his supporters would break him out.

owh.... Thaksin in Malaysia...???

unbelievable....

anyway... in my opinion... i think, he'll be holding any other passport than Thailand like Nicaragua, etc..

then... for sure he'll planned to visit Malaysia only in a short hour....

if he planned to stay for long hour for example a day.... i think he'll be the stupid person in this earth... hahaha... for sure Malaysian government will not compromise with that people so called "convicted" by thai fellow...

and malaysian police will not hesitate to arrest mr. Thaksin...

btw.... i'm Malaysian and ever worked in malaysian airport in Penang

about relationship between Malaysia and Thailand in regarding Mr.Thaksin Shinawatra... i think Malaysian is most neutral country.... Malaysian policy about foreign affair is respect other country if constitution stated that party hold a government post regardless by political interest....

until now there's no political asylum in Malaysia, because we respected over current government.... if current government state that person is convicted, then... he'll become a convicted too in Malaysia

for example in southern Thailand Muslim Malay predominantly in Yala, Pattani and Narathiwat... Malaysia let Thailand solve that problem internally.... Malaysia will assist if Thailand need cooperation with us...

i believe that, Malaysia polices will arrest him quickly if Thailand inform us...

personally, i love Mr. Thaksin Shinawatra because when he's in power, the relationship between Thailand and Malaysia is really good. Thailand and Malaysia much like relatives... moreover Mr. Thaksin respected to our 4th PM Mahathir Mohamed...

there are more good deed coming from Mr Thaksin that our Malaysian leader shall follow his action.... like war on drug campaign... 30baht medical care... one tambon one product (OTOP).... the scholarship to rural poor student... he cares about Thai citizens especially for poor people...

but because i'm not a Thai citizen so i think perhaps Thai should know more about him than me,

i have 2 side of my Thai friends.... one side is supporting Thaksin and one sides hates him....

Edited by monoli87

There is no where to hide, or crowd to cover him.

The smoking lounge .... :)

I don't believe there is one in KL Airport.

And it is true, every time it is very empty so not to spot someone like Thaksin does sounds a bit hm... dodgy

I think you are right. Don't recall seeing a smoking room in KLIA main terminal.

However, in LCCT (AirAsia & Tiger), there is a smoking room after departure immigration, just before the escalator down to the departure hall.

I don't smoke much but my bf is a chain smoker. If he dare to light up after xxx in bed, I'll bite off his xxxx. The only smoking place is in the balcony, with the sliding door CLOSED.

Edited by DaleBlue

Pheaw! Run, Thaksin,Run!!!

clubthaksin.com

yes, run Thaksin, run away

do what you do best, run away

he is a miserable, thieving, lying coward running away from justice with the Thai peoples money in his blood soaked hands.

i wouldn't piss on him if he were on fire

Edited by timekeeper

news.xinhuanet.com/english/2009-07/07/content_11666584.htm

Malaysian police deny presence of Thaksin in Malaysia

www.chinaview.cn 2009-07-07 11:19:00

KUALA LUMPUR, July 7 (Xinhua) -- Malaysian police have denied that former Thai prime minister Thaksin Shinawatra had appeared in Malaysia and then left, according to a local newspaper on Tuesday.

Malaysian Police Inspector-General Musa Hassan denied that the Thai authorities had informed Malaysian police about the presence of Thaksin in the country, according to the New Straits Times.

Thai Deputy Interior Minister Thaworn Sennian reportedly claimed on Monday that Thaksin was spotted in Malaysia, but escaped before the Malaysian authorities could arrest him.

Thaworn also claimed that Thai embassy officials had informed the Malaysian authorities about Thaksin's presence but Thaksin had managed to escape.

Thaksin was ousted in a Thai military coup in September 2006.

Editor: Fang Yang

KUALA LUMPUR, July 7 (Xinhua) -- Malaysian police have denied that former Thai prime minister Thaksin Shinawatra had appeared in Malaysia and then left, according to a local newspaper on Tuesday.

Malaysian Police Inspector-General Musa Hassan denied that the Thai authorities had informed Malaysian police about the presence of Thaksin in the country, according to the New Straits Times.

Thai Deputy Interior Minister Thaworn Sennian reportedly claimed on Monday that Thaksin was spotted in Malaysia, but escaped before the Malaysian authorities could arrest him.

Thaworn also claimed that Thai embassy officials had informed the Malaysian authorities about Thaksin's presence but Thaksin had managed to escape.

I was expecting such denial but it took a long time until it finally showed up...

Someone very early already pointed out this this is is highly unlikely.

But most people in this forum still believe in this fake news, without using their brain.

If this (fake news) happen in Singapore, the paper will have its license removed very quickly.

Somebody know where I can find personal contact information, such as e-mail adresses or phone numbers of Khun Thaksin?

Hey Datsun240z, has anyone ever suggested that you might be a few stubbies short of a six pack?

still believe in this fake news, without using their brain

If this (fake news) happen in Singapore, the paper will have its license removed very quickly.

I thought it was a proven fact that media corp rotted your brain ?

the idea that the singapore govt operated media corporation only prints/televised the truth is laughable.

Why bring him back?

Almost a certainty of major civil unrest if he returns or is brought back.

Yes, absolutely right.

It would be insane to arrest and return him.

If he is ever caught and locked in a prison I'm pretty sure his supporters would break him out.

So what if he did?

He would just be arrested AGAIN and get even more time for escaping. It's not like he instantly becomes dictator by stepping outside of a Thai prison. I think some people are failing to realize Thaksin is now a weak HAS BEEN and his supporters are pitiful cult followers. Thailand has lots of problems and a vital reform movement would be a welcome thing, but they need to reorganize with a leader who isn't a pathetic ego maniacal criminal.

Edited by Jingthing

Funny the mention of the word "nearly" in regards to nabbing ol tax

May i quote my dear old departed grandfathers words each time he narrowly avoided a fatal collision in his car..

"It doesnt matter if you miss by an inch or a yard...you still miss" :)

There is no where to hide, or crowd to cover him.

The smoking lounge .... :)

I don't believe there is one in KL Airport.

And it is true, every time it is very empty so not to spot someone like Thaksin does sounds a bit hm... dodgy

There is a smoking lounge in KLIA

The same article gives a clue at it's very end....
The minister did not reveal when this happened.

TiT!

But then he would have support of some business associates from Themasek...he wouldn't have to use the ordinary citizens immigration procedures - and to crank it up a notch - Nicaraguan, Montenegro Passport...or, or, or....on the contrary, for this guy is nothing impossible - just a thought....

what a bull...., boring of this thaksin story

While we are all speculating, here's my theory. Malaysian Police is as corrupt as the ones here in Thailand. If I were the police and was told that there is this multibilionaire fugitive in a local hotel, I'd be going there myself to "negotiate" an escape for a fee. Fugitive escapes, nobody knows any better, I'd be richer and best of all, it can all be denied later. If the police were really above board in Malaysia, then why do they have an alleged murderer, who is also massively corrupt, as PM?

Noppadon: Thaksin did visit Malaysia

Former prime minister Thaksin Shinawatra did spend a night in Malaysia, his legal adviser Noppadon Pattama confirmed on Tuesday.

Mr Noppadon said Thaksin told him that his plane landed at Kuala Lumpur to refuel and he left for Fiji the following day.

The deposed prime minister planned to meet four world leaders after visiting Fiji, he said.

continued athttp://www.bangkokpost.com/breakingnews/148238/noppadon-thaksin-did-visit-malaysiapostlogo.jpg

-- Bangkok Post 07/07/09

For some reason I don't thrust the Thai newspapers much, it's like a propaganda.

Edit: should be about a 9 hour flight to the Fiji island, he must have some big plane, I don't know the reach of private jets, but they don't go that far, without refuel.

Edited by Datsun240Z

Former prime minister Thaksin Shinawatra did spend a night in Malaysia, his legal adviser Noppadon Pattama confirmed on Tuesday.

Mr Noppadon said Thaksin told him that his plane landed at Kuala Lumpur to refuel and he left for Fiji the following day.

The deposed prime minister planned to meet four world leaders after visiting Fiji, he said.

continued athttp://www.bangkokpost.com/breakingnews/148238/noppadon-thaksin-did-visit-malaysiapostlogo.jpg

-- Bangkok Post 07/07/09

... WORLD leaders! Who might that be.... :)

continued athttp://www.bangkokpost.com/breakingnews/148238/noppadon-thaksin-did-visit-malaysiahttp://www.bangkokpost.com/' target="_blank">titlemain.jpg

I don't smoke much but my bf is a chain smoker. If he dare to light up after xxx in bed, I'll bite off his xxxx.

wow, glad I'm not your bf. I don't smoke, but being with a chick who would bite such things off for any reason (even if she said it in jest), would make me stay far away.

Funny the mention of the word "nearly" in regards to nabbing ol tax

May i quote my dear old departed grandfathers words each time he narrowly avoided a fatal collision in his car.. "It doesnt matter if you miss by an inch or a yard...you still miss" :)

A vietnam vet often told me: "'almost' only counts in horseshoes and hand grenades."

its not a story...

Malaysian Insider

It still came from same source, Thai government.

I really doubt that Malay government had will to arrest him.

He escaped to Airport, and stay there until leaving.

According to news article, Taksin has various passports, so I'm wondering what country's passport he was using.