Live Rugby League

On 17/6/2560 at 6:29 AM, meatboy said:

i dont need memories like this 10tries to nil.PAINFULL,

what about next fri.this has got to be some KNEE TREMBLER:smile:

RHINO'S V TIGERS. 

over to you SC.

Castleford came out clear winners.

The Widnes Leigh game (get your atlases out, lads) was on Astro, for a battle at the bottom.

Despite Warrington winning at home against Catalans, they're still firmly in 9th place - what a Qualifiers tournament we can look forward to...

Warrington - Leigh - Widnes derbies, and Catalans - Toulouse, and Hull KR and London trying to claw their way back into Superleague.

I'm chortling with glee and anticipation, and rubbing my hands to boot, and there's still four weeks to go!

SC

another 2great games with leeds just getting the better of saints.

and cas.holding on against hull fc.

this aft.[sat] lions v all blacks. saw enough last week SO MAYBE the all blacks will have to break swet.

On 1/7/2560 at 8:08 AM, meatboy said:

another 2great games with leeds just getting the better of saints.

and cas.holding on against hull fc.

this aft.[sat] lions v all blacks. saw enough last week SO MAYBE the all blacks will have to break swet.

well catalans v leigh centurions was even better.

the same cant be said about the officials.

I'e managed to catch up on my recordings, and I.m watching Ryan Hall's try over and over again - mostly for Brian McDermott's agony trying to suppress a huge grin as Hall crashes over.

Luckily the Warrington game at Wakefield was not shown on Astro

On 2/7/2560 at 8:39 AM, meatboy said:

well catalans v leigh centurions was even better.

the same cant be said about the officials.

just when you think it cant get any better,up pops this one,WAKEFIELD V CAS. 24-25.

22 hours ago, meatboy said:

wigan v warrington very poor game wire's just winning.

next up cas.v salford.sat.morn.2am.

cas toooooooooooooo much class,although half time salford were still in contension only 8points adrift,till salford lost their discipline.the win and a great try cost greg eden a shoulder injury that more or less puts the league's top try scorer out for the rest of the season.

On 7/14/2017 at 9:39 AM, meatboy said:

wigan v warrington very poor game wire's just winning.

next up cas.v salford.sat.morn.2am.

Despite the win, they'll still be in the Middle 8, fighting to stay in Superleague.  Should be a good competition, with derbies at Leigh and Widnes, and maybe two trips to France if Toulouse can squeeze their way in.

On 15/7/2560 at 6:16 PM, StreetCowboy said:

Despite the win, they'll still be in the Middle 8, fighting to stay in Superleague.  Should be a good competition, with derbies at Leigh and Widnes, and maybe two trips to France if Toulouse can squeeze their way in.

wolves put the bite on the vikings.

dennis bets has problems.no different to leeds last yr.

13 hours ago, meatboy said:

wigan v leeds this morning,MEN against boys.first half the boys gave a good acount of themselves before going down 34-0.

My recording of the Wire game cut off just about kick-off so I have to wait till Monday to watch it.  Realistically, Dennis Betts must've been optimistic rather than confident going into that match.

I wonder how many of the Leeds youngsters will play again in the Super Eights?  It's funny how a team can have such a terrible season, like Leeds did last year, Warrington this year - and Wigan have struggled too

• 2 weeks later...

what a semi final,leeds v hull fc.

the first 30minutes was magic till hull were given a try[forward pass] then came the magic from hulls monsterous side brilliant.

wigan also through but i cant see them couping with hull.

what a suprise this morning 2am.tigers v saints this wasnt advertised so i am glad i didnt miss it.

saints of old although cas had most of the ball but saints defence stood TALL.

first game they have lost at home this yr.

• Like 1

another cracker this morning 2am.leeds v wigan.

honours even half time 10-10 but leeds took the second half 22-6.

that should see them through to the play offs after last weeks disapointment.

i dont think brian mac.will be a happy RINHO this morning,that has got to be the worst display this yr.and last.

trinity for the SEMI'S.

so that could be an interesting draw.having to go to headingley.

hope you didnt miss it SC.that has got to the game of the yr.forget the score it was entertainment from start to finish.

oh i do wish me and mrs.meat were in CAS.with our dear freinds peter and audrey,sadly they are no longer with us.

the days we had in CAS.whitwood greyhound track,john smiths,in the bar,fish and chips at lanes and not forgetting calling at the local butchers in normanton for 6doz.pork pies.

well done CAS.its been 91yrs.coming.

now for the play offs with a home game in the semi's.

On 8/18/2017 at 9:12 AM, meatboy said:

hope you didnt miss it SC.that has got to the game of the yr.forget the score it was entertainment from start to finish.

oh i do wish me and mrs.meat were in CAS.with our dear freinds peter and audrey,sadly they are no longer with us.

the days we had in CAS.whitwood greyhound track,john smiths,in the bar,fish and chips at lanes and not forgetting calling at the local butchers in normanton for 6doz.pork pies.

well done CAS.its been 91yrs.coming.

now for the play offs with a home game in the semi's.

I've seen nothing since I've been back in the Old Country visiting the family - so thanks for the updates!

It's great to see Castleford doing well, when they play such entertaining rugby.

My daughter's moving to Manchester for a few months, so maybe next year I can find a way to wangle a visit and catch a game or two.  She'll be staying in Salford city but that's still quite a way to the new stadium at Barton On Irwell, downstream of the locks.  Apparently one day the trams will go there... but maybe not from Salford.

SC 

I'm sat in Sid's listening to the Challenge Cup Final on the wireless, since according to the Astro schedule it was not on TV live.  While I type this, Hull have taken the lead after 24 minutes.  I have to say, I'm disappointed it's not Ray French or Allan Rooney on commentary

26 minutes ago, StreetCowboy said:

I'm sat in Sid's listening to the Challenge Cup Final on the wireless, since according to the Astro schedule it was not on TV live.  While I type this, Hull have taken the lead after 24 minutes.  I have to say, I'm disappointed it's not Ray French or Allan Rooney on commentary

12-10 at half - time, and just like the Time Tunnel - "in the next forty minutes, anything could happen".  I hope you're watching this, Smokie

LEEDS V HULLFC. this was one tough game that leeds were glad to get out of the way.

the game was in the balance till the last quarter.

a good few incidents were missed which helped to make an exciting game.

so its a home semi for leeds.

22 hours ago, meatboy said:

LEEDS V HULLFC. this was one tough game that leeds were glad to get out of the way.

the game was in the balance till the last quarter.

a good few incidents were missed which helped to make an exciting game.

so its a home semi for leeds.

SAINTS V WIGAN that's the dampers put on the saints getting into the semi's.

saints never knew what hit them.

• Like 1

My heart was in my mouth watching the recording of Warrington v London, even though I knew the final score.

Now I've got Ray French on the wireless from Leigh Sports Village against Widnes, struggling to avoid the Million Pound Game.  Its not looking good for Leigh - although they're on a run, throwing caution to the wind, kicking to the corner, but Widnes recover.

Leigh travel to Warrington (I forget the bus route number) down the A574.  The Halliwell Jones is handier for the bus station than was the old Wilderspoole ground.  Matty Dawson has scored for Leigh following a Widnes knock-on.  The conversion drifts across the posts from the touchline, but its still 20 - 8 in favour of Widnes.  The Saracen's Head was the pub to warm up in, just close to the Greenalls brewery, but now I would guess we would stop in the Lord Rodney, close to the ground which stands on the site of the old Tetley Walkers brewery.  Widnes awarded a penalty and opt to kick from 40 metres out and the fans are up in the air - its 22 - 8 with eleven minutes to go.  

Leigh take a too short kick-off and return possession to Widnes on the half-way, and the Vikings opt for safety-first rugby. I''m not sure who the third commentator is - John?  Allan Rooney is there, as well as Ray French.

SC

EDIT: and Widnes kick a penalty to win by 8 - 24 prior to their visit to Hull KR next week and it looks likely Leigh will find themselves in the Million Pound Game for their survival in Superleague.

Edited by StreetCowboy

On ‎9‎/‎2‎/‎2017 at 8:35 AM, meatboy said:

SAINTS V WIGAN that's the dampers put on the saints getting into the semi's.

saints never knew what hit them.

well here's another one this morning,WAKEFIELD V SAINTS, as far as the game went,saints played as if their season was over.for 85 minutes they never wanted to win.even when trinity were a man down they couldn't score.

chris chester the trinity coach must be livid.

• 2 weeks later...

David48 will have been on the edge of his seat watching Wakefield come so close against Hull last night - a couple of feet away from a try in the final minute, and then a drop goal to draw which drifted inches wide - a loss that could see them miss out on the semi-finals

19 hours ago, StreetCowboy said:

David48 will have been on the edge of his seat watching Wakefield come so close against Hull last night - a couple of feet away from a try in the final minute, and then a drop goal to draw which drifted inches wide - a loss that could see them miss out on the semi-finals

once again chris chester must be wishing he'd stayed in bed.to come so close against a very strong side must have been heartbreaking.

how are you D48 we miss you.

Edited by meatboy