Live Rugby League

Workington have held Widnes scoreless in the first twenty minutes of the second half, but at Craven Park, Wigan are running away with the game, leading Hulking Stonerovers 34 - 4 "24-4 at Craven Park"; No, it;'s 34-4, Ray, you misheard that.

Good ball from Fage to Andrew Dixkson, and there's still fans behind them even though they're trailing 42 - 0.

Lee Briers kicks 60 metres down the pitch and follows up with the tackle - he's fully fit again!

Stefan Ratchford loses the ball, Liam Foran is on it and Broughton has scored for Salford!

"That man himself Lee Briers kicks through, a perfect kick, perfect hands from Joel Monaghan and it's Lee Briers to line up the conversion; Brett Hodgson hobbles off

Warrington are pressurising the Salford tryline again, and eventually Paul Hitler Wood scores

".. the other, is in the Albert Hall" (sung)

And the final score is 52 - 6, with a lot of work ahead for Dr Koukash and Brian Noble, but at least now they can concentrate on the league.

So Widnes, Warrington and Wigan are all through - a busy next round for Radio Merseyside...

Edited by StreetCowboy

If Wakefield get knocked out ... I'd like to assume Warrington's mantle as the name just has a certain ring to it.

Great commentary above SC ... but being a Sunday night game ... the stands were empty ... and I was late to the game.

Any Aussie players of note in Warrington*?

*Of course I mean the Warrington Rugby League Team ... I'm sure that there are many in their Pubs!

If Wakefield get knocked out ... I'd like to assume Warrington's mantle as the name just has a certain ring to it.

Great commentary above SC ... but being a Sunday night game ... the stands were empty ... and I was late to the game.

*Of course I mean the Warrington Rugby League Team ... I'm sure that there are many in their Pubs!

Brett Hodgson and the brothers Monaghan are the first that spring to mind; you'll have seen Wakefield going out to Hull FC, but Smokie's commentary was marked in its brevity

Brett Hodgson and the brothers Monaghan are the first that spring to mind; you'll have seen Wakefield going out to Hull FC, but Smokie's commentary was marked in its brevity

Wow ! B. Hodgson still running around?? He has to be closing a shade on 40 doesn't he? Surprised to watch a Super League game the other night and see Tim Smith carving it up! No, I am not surprised he is carving it up, had so much potential in Oz. What surprises me most is he is still playing and hasn'y been kicked out of another club for gettin on the booze. To their defence, they are young boys, did we all not do stupid s@@t at their age?

One for the knockers. Manly 4, Roosters 16 (Brookvale Oval). This will make you all smilebiggrin.png

Full house, great physical game,hits galore. Oh and yes, well played Roosters!

Here's the list of Warrington players in the Exiles squad

Brett Hodgson - Warrington (captain)
Joel Monaghan - Warrington
Michael Monaghan - Warrington
Trent Waterhouse - Warrington

Not sure if you can follow the link to the full squad

http://forums.rugbyleagueplanet.com/single/?p=477250&t=5046554

SC

• Like 1

I can't promise commentary of the Warrington - Hull FC game tonight. It's on live, but I'm away into town mid evening for a couple of beers, and I've work in the morning. I'll be watching the repeat when I get back from work, along with a repeat of the Korea - HK game for second place in the 5-Nations; it's on live mid-morning Saturday (Noon, Seoul).

The second game on Eurosport this weekend is Monday night's St Helens - Leeds fixture; again, I'll struggle to get to that live.

SC

I can't promise commentary of the Warrington - Hull FC game tonight.

SC

Does that mean I'm up against smokie again tonight?

Nope. Its me, and again this afternoon. I've not checked the scores yet, to maintain that "almost live" experience.

I made it back from town safely last night, but got sidetracked and herded into the Gashaus via E42T last night...

I didn't make it to the live rugby last night, but I watched the replay this afternoon.

Two tries from Tom Briscoe helped Hull FC claw back a 16 - 6 deficit to win 16 - 22 at the Halliwell Jones stadium in Warrington - only the second home loss this season, and the league leader's shield may be beyond their reach now...

Meanwhile, in the other code, Korea are leading Hong Kong 12 - 6 at half time in the replay of their last match of the tournament... and as I write, Korea have scored a third try.

SC

^^ With Wakefield knocked out and Warrington being shown the door.

Given the fact that we Aussies like an 'underdog' ... SC, whose jersey should I don next?

BTW ... congratulations on reaching 1,000 posts.

Few would speculate on the odds or possibility of a solo devout commentator sitting alone (sometimes) in the commentary box, chatting with a modest audience.

SC ... as a tribute of unerring faith ... I salute you ... wai.gif

Edited by David48

^^ With Wakefield knocked out and Warrington being shown the door.

Given the fact that we Aussies like an 'underdog' ... SC, whose jersey should I don next?

BTW ... congratulations on reaching 1,000 posts.

Few would speculate on the odds or possibility of a solo devout commentator sitting alone (sometimes) in the commentary box, chatting with a modest audience.

SC ... as a tribute of unerring faith ... I salute you ... wai.gif

It's a league weekend this weekend.

In the Cup Quarter-Finals we'll be hosting Huddersfield, while Hull travel to Perpignan to meet Catalan Dragons. Widnes go to Wigan, and Sheffield, the only surviving Championship club, entertain bottom of the league London.

How is the 'we' in the 'we'll' above?

Which is smokies team?

My apologies; "We" being Warrington; Smokie supports Hull FC; We have a friend with a pointy stick who is from St Helens, and I forget the other affiliations. St Helens and Leeds, last year's losing finailists, are the biggest teams to miss out on the Quarter-Finals.

Which is smokies team?

My apologies; "We" being Warrington; Smokie supports Hull FC; We have a friend with a pointy stick who is from St Helens, and I forget the other affiliations. St Helens and Leeds, last year's losing finailists, are the biggest teams to miss out on the Quarter-Finals.

Well Smokies gone up in my estimation,he supports the second to best team in the league,unfortunately it's mascot is the wrong type of bird,better to be a Robin.

Edited by nontabury

Which is smokies team?

Are 'we' live tonight?

Which is smokies team?

Are 'we' live tonight?

The two live games this weekend were / are both late night ones - Friday's Warrington - Hull game, and on Monday night / Tuesday morning Leeds v St Helens. Then, the following weekend is "Magic Weekend" I think, when all seven fixtures are played at one stadium (City of Manchester Stadium, same as last year); Wigan will face Leeds in the biggest match, while Warrington will play St Helens.

SC

• Like 1

What a Sunday by the way, boys.

As I said earlier, it's Magic Weekend at the Etihad Stadium, Manchester, with all seven Superleague fixtures on the same pitch on Saturday and Sunday. Sadly, Eurosport's showing none of the Saturday games live - instead we've got a delayed telecast of the Clermont Castres game from the Top Quattorze (and on Supersport 3, Queensland Reds v Cheetahs (also not live) at the same time;

but I'll be missing those, I think. to get up early for London - Catalans; then early afternoon, the Hull derby, St Helens v Warrington at tea time, then live, late night Sunday / early Monday morning Bradford Huddersfield followed by Wigan - Leeds, and finally a delayed telecast of Widnes - Salford. What more could you ask for? Wakefield - Castleford, obviously; that's the only game that seems to be missing. Sorry about that, David.

SC

• Like 1

What a Sunday by the way, boys.

What more could you ask for? Wakefield - Castleford, obviously; that's the only game that seems to be missing. Sorry about that, David.

SC

No apology required.

The good of the many outweigh the good of the few ... or the one.

Put 'em up SC.....come on I'll have ye ya varmint!

You won't beat the 2013 Challenge Cup winners.....we're going on an unbeaten run!

Edit: I had theblether buy up all the Irn bru in town before he left.

Edited by smokie36

Put 'em up SC.....come on I'll have ye ya varmint!

You won't beat the 2013 Challenge Cup winners.....we're going on an unbeaten run!

Edit: I had theblether buy up all the Irn bru in town before he left.

Crivvens - you mean when I go to Glasgow there'll be none?

By the way, would you be interested in a rake down to Warrington on the afternoon and evening of Friday the 14th June for the England Exiles match? My mate S from round there can't make it, unfortunately, and poor old Mr KW hasn't responded - his increasing years may be taking their toll.... we might be able to catch an overnight train back.

SC

^^

2013 STATE OF ORIGIN MATCH DATES

2013 Origin Series

Game 1: ANZ Stadium, Sydney – June 5
Game 2: Suncorp Stadium, Brisbane – June 26
Game 3: ANZ Stadium, Sydney – July 17

Yep ... always a Wednesday night.

Right then, chaps, you join us on the internet at the Etihad Stadium in Manchester, with a crowd of about several for the first game of the Magic Weekend, Catalan Dragons v London Broncos. It's a bright sunny summer's day in Manchester, and Catalans will be hoping for some quick running rugby. London will be pleased that there's so few people in the stadium, it will make them feel at home.

SC

EDIT: and no-one's told the Broncos how one-sided this game was supposed to be...12 -12 after about 28 minutes. The Broncos are making some good breaks with quick running from Kieron Dixon, amongst others

Edited by StreetCowboy
  • Like 1

Right then, chaps, you join us on the internet at the Etihad Stadium in Manchester, with a crowd of about several for the first game of the Magic Weekend, Catalan Dragons v London Broncos. It's a bright sunny summer's day in Manchester, and Catalans will be hoping for some quick running rugby. London will be pleased that there's so few people in the stadium, it will make them feel at home.

SC

EDIT: and no-one's told the Broncos how one-sided this game was supposed to be...12 -12 after about 28 minutes. The Broncos are making some good breaks with quick running from Kieron Dixon, amongst others

46 - 18. Someone must've told them at half-time. I feel bad for anyone that came up from London for that, though from the crowd in the stadium, there wasn't too many

And Wakefield are 6 - 0 down in the first few minutes. A desperate interception stops them falling two scores behind, and I don't want you to misconstrue this as support for Castleford in any way, but I'm just off to get a Tiger out the fridge.

Oh my word and Justin Carney swats the tacklers aside as Castleford go on an eighty-metre break, and Jamie Ellis goes over.

Goodness me, David, this is not good "They're on fire, Castleford..." and a grubber kick is mismanaged by the Wakefield defence and Kirk Dixon comes through to score under the posts.

I'm sure you're wishing I'd stayed in Sid's, Dave. Another try to Castleford.

And now Wakefield have scored 22 - 6

OH MY WORD! And a penalty sees Wakefield start in the Castleford half, and ZOOM! Danny Kermont punches through a gap in the Castleford defence that surely was never there... but he's scored and Lee Smith ...misses the conversion, but it;'s 22 - 10 with ten minutes to go in the first half.

SC

Edited by StreetCowboy
  • Like 1

And the Wildcats have been torn apart by the Tigers, 49 - 24, though Wakefield remain two points ahead with a game in hand (albeit against Champions Leeds...)

And next, it's a Hull derby at the Etihad...

"and welcome to the Hull and the Hull KR fans who have been arriving throughout the day"

And it's Ben Thaler with the whistle and a ridiculous Ref-cam strapped to his head. No idea who's in the video box, and I daren't speculate. I'm watching on the internet, to avoid grief from Ray and Allen for comments such as that, by the way

FC win a 40 - 20 and from the scrum Whiting goes over for the first try to Hull FC

And the Robins break, punching through the FC defence, a quick play the ball and Greg Eden the full back is over under the posts

Edited by StreetCowboy

And hulking stonerovers score again to stretch their lead to 16 - 6, despite FC's optimism prior to the game.

And some optimistic commentary has seen the FC grasp the irony like a magnet, and burst through the Stonerovers' line, and cross to dot down to pull back to 12 - 16... seven minutes to go.

And Kirk Yeaman has scored! Holdsworth misses the conversion and the scores are levelled with three minutes to go in the Hull derby!

SC

Edited by StreetCowboy

And now the final match of the first day of the Magic Weekend will follow a minute's silence for Drummer Lee Rigby

AND NOW - IT'S WARRINGTON - ST HELENS!

A mistake by St Helens, and a follow-up penalty, and Warrington attack from the 10 metre line and Chris Rielly scores!

And Warrington are looking bright. Last tackle attack, a kick over the top, and Phil Bentham refers it upstairs to Ian Smith and Atkins has touched down after a superb jump, but will the try stand? Yes - Warrington are running riot.

And I'm off to see if I can find Allan and Ray, but I don't know the Manchester pubs that well...

Here they are, on Radio Merseyside...

AND WESTWOOD HAS ... no he hasn't, he's lost the ball in the act of scoring.

And we've lost the internet video, and we can concentrate on the game now, and St Helens have replied (good fashion, Allan Rooney feels obliged to say) and it's 12 - 6 from the touch line with Warrington still in the lead; brilliant sunshine in the Etihad stadium and Allan is urging on the Widnes fans to come along tomorrow. I imagine the Salford fans will find it a trifle difficult to attend, without their garlic and silver bullets and holy water and whatever they need to come to this side of Manchester...

And after a false alarm, Jordan Turner has scored for Saints! A cracking game for the Saturday finale. And tomorrow, we will wind up with Leeds Wigan... not me, obviously, I'll be safely tucked up in bed...

Edited by StreetCowboy

And Reilly has scored! Good passing, and the ball went wide, Simon Grix got daylight, Lance Ohia tackled, Chris Wellens had sight of the try line but St Helens defenders brought him down, but Rielly was there to go over, and Brett Hodgson has converted from the touch line, 18 - 10 Warrington lead as we approach half time

But Lee Briers has got the ball, and Warrington have scored again...And Warrington running away 30 - 10! My apologies to Thadeus for any gratuitous gloating...

Edited by StreetCowboy
  • Like 1