Live Rugby League

Looked forward to me....big call that.

Sorry - I was momentarily distracted by an internet failure...

It looked possible right up until the last couple of minutes. But Huddersfield extend their lead at the top of the table, to three points over Warrington and Wigan, while Leeds, the other team to claim silverware last season, lie a point behind. Danny Brough, former Scotsman, and Big Eorl Crabtree, Shirley's wee boy, and Sean Lunt who will surely find a place in rhyming slang, continue to shine.

SC

Looked forward to me....big call that.

Sorry - I was momentarily distracted by an internet failure...

It looked possible right up until the last couple of minutes. But Huddersfield extend their lead at the top of the table, to three points over Warrington and Wigan, while Leeds, the other team to claim silverware last season, lie a point behind. Danny Brough, former Scotsman, and Big Eorl Crabtree, Shirley's wee boy, and Sean Lunt who will surely find a place in rhyming slang, continue to shine.

SC

The line judge called it well from the opposite side....much to my chagrin...but right is not left even for my team.

Or something like that anyway.

Anyone have info where to get live NRL games streamed / Subscription.

I used to get it from NRL.livesport.TV, but they don't do it anymore, and have a link that goes back to the NRL main website. When I go there, and navigate around, find the link for expats overseas, click on the link and I am re-directed back to the same site that re-directed me the them, basically going around in circles.

Anyone have info where to get live NRL games streamed / Subscription.

I used to get it from NRL.livesport.TV, but they don't do it anymore, and have a link that goes back to the NRL main website. When I go there, and navigate around, find the link for expats overseas, click on the link and I am re-directed back to the same site that re-directed me the them, basically going around in circles.

In the predominantly union What, No Rugby Forum! thread, you'll find a very helpful link

I'm not sure how good their NRL coverage is, but they had a couple of Superleague games at the weekend.

Their SuperXV or whatever its called now coverage looked OK

SC

Thanks for that, few minute highlights are better than nothing.

Hopefully someone might come up with a good place to get the NRL games.

Not sure what happened to LiveNRL TV and why they had to stop the live stream. Seems as though it was endorsed by the NRL, as they keep linking me back there.

Well I'm wishing I'd got up in the middle of the night now -

"Giants beaten by rampant Warrington" 28 - 2 while Salford pushed St Helens close

David, I'm sorry the Leeds Wakefield game was postponed due to snow. Summer rugby, eh?

I think Hull are on Astro away dawn sarf to the Broncos, I think, tonight.

SC

EDIT: And in the other code, Edinburgh do their cross-country rivals a favour by holding back second-place Ulster, though the bonus point sees them take the lead over Glasgow... who are away to 3rd-placed Leinster this evening.

EDIT: Warrington coach Tony Smith on the game at the Halliwell Jones...

"It was tough, traditional winter rugby league. It was probably as well that the cameras weren't here because they wouldn't have been able to see the ball.

"You've got to compliment everybody who was out there - both sides and the officials - because the conditions were extreme."

Edited by StreetCowboy
  • Like 1

And you join us in the freezing cold at the Stoop for London Broncos v Hull FC; Crivvens, it's parky; the prematch talk is all about Tom Briscoe's possible move to Cronulla in the NRL "but he'd miss afternoons like this..."; I'm regretting sitting here just in my boxers

Robert Hicks has said the pitch is playable, and I can't see any reason to contradict him, since I'm listening on the wireless, but apparently the snow is still falling...

And in a cracking Bill McLaren reference "...he hoists a high kick up in the air, and that's so high it's got snow on it..."

London Broncos making more of the running at the Stoop, but still back and forth against Hull. 'Every time the player hits the floor there's a big splash' and for the first time Hull FC start a set inside London territory from a scrum. No real errors, surprising given the conditions, but neither side is playing expansively.

Tickle makes a mess of it and a promising attack comes to nought; London bring it back

And sustained pressure from Broncos sees Hull forced into mistakes, and consecutive sets of six result in Tommy Lee going over under the sticks at the stoop

Edited by StreetCowboy

And somehow Hull FC find a try from somewhere with six minutes to go in the first half. The ball ricochets off a Broncos player and ben Galea is first to the ball and goes past Robertson. Danny Tickle is in the swampiest part of the pitch for the conversion...

But before the half runs out, Dickson rounds Briscoe on the outside and scores a second for London.

And the second half restarts, Hull trailing 10 - 6; Hull FC are in clean shirts, some of them.

Edited by StreetCowboy

Eleven minutes and three penalties into the second half, Broncos score a goal to extend their lead to 12 - 6

Hull losing their discipline and making more mistakes. The referee's had a good game though...

Tom Briscoe left flat-footed in indecision again as Broncos race past him; Matt Cooke scores to take the lead out to ten points, followed by a conversion

Joe Westerman takes a flat pass and ends a big forward movement with four points for Hull FC and an easy conversion to close within sic points of London Broncos.

Hull FC now keeping the ball alive, and Broncos are finding it difficult to make ground; ten minutes to go...

And somebody with a muddy shirt scores for Hull in the corner - Richard Horne, apparently.

Danny Tickle has a horrible kick to make from wide on the touchline on a horrible sticky cold miserable day

And Danny Tickle has equalled the scores!

Edited by StreetCowboy

David, I'm sorry the Leeds Wakefield game was postponed due to snow. Summer rugby, eh?

Thanks SC for the Wakefield comment.

Could have been a good snow game for them though ... great camouflage in their predominately white stripe.

New-Wakefield-Wildcats-2012-Kit.jpg

• Like 1

And I've got Wigan - Widnes on the television, repeated from last night, while I'm streaming the HK Sevens in a few minutes..

The Wigan game is a bit of a one-sided rout so the least said the better. The pies must be keeping them warm...

Edited by StreetCowboy

No doubt, like me, you're all looking forward to Good Friday and derby weekend.

Live on Eurosport on Astro, we've got Leeds - Bradford at 4 am - I'll not be getting up for that, then at about 8 pm, St Helens Wigan, followed a couple of hours later by the Hull derby.

Warrington are off down the river to Widnes while Wakey travel to Castleford,

SC

'Ang about, Lads, sorry I'm late.

It's 18-0 to Wigan as they host St Helens, heading towards the half time break.

Ave Gardner has gone off feeling poorly.

The winner of this game will go top of the table until Huddersfield Giants play...

And Josh Charnley breaks on the right wing, kicks into the middle of the park and the following player thrashes at it, but he can't get boot to ball, and the attack is fizzled out.

SC

EDIT: and they go in for oranges Wigan 18 - 0 St Helens

And in the first few minutes of the second half, Wigan mistakes give St Helens pressure on the Wigan line

Paul Wellens breaks through, but there's no-one to pass to, but at the next tackle Saints are over under the posts,but do they get the ball down? Only one man can say, but WHO IS THE VIDEO REFEREE? Speculation is futile... but whoever it is, he says T R Y!

Edited by StreetCowboy

Josh Charnley breaks down the wing, he's brought down, the ball goes into the middle of the pitch, the ball gets spun back into the middle fo the pith and Wigan are over for a fourth try, Pat Richards makes it 24 - 6.

But St Helens attack from the kick off and Wigan are lucky not to give away a penalty try; instead, Saints pressure the Wigan line... Wigan penalised for offside.and after fie plays of pressure, Saints are over for a try, although the commentatrs are grizzling about Soliola not regaining his feet before playing the ball - Oh stop whinging... its a great score for Francis Mellie - who can forget his role in Viz as Roger mellie - the Man On the Telly?

SC

It's a lovely bit of spring sunshine in Wigan, bytheway, boys. Nice crisp shadows on the pitch

(I'm hank marvin, bytheway...) so I might take a break for a snack.

And some desparate passing by Jordan Turner feeds a break by Mellie and Full Back Tommy Mackeson scores .

WIG - 24 - 16 STH with ten minutes to go...

Pat Richards touches down a moment before he's dragged into touch to give Wigan a bit of breathing space

Lovely blue sky, by the way - I can't understand why people complain about the English weather

And its 28 - 16 as they go into the last minute; Sam Tomkins knocks on yars from the Saints goal line and the hooter blows and the referee whistles for full tme.

SC

Edited by StreetCowboy

And welcome to the KC Stadium where Hull FC, with Steve Ganson in the middle, welcome Hulking Stonerovers. Ian Smith is the man in the video box, before anyone starts speculating (Naam - that's you!)

OOOooOOh! More palpitations for Hull as they knock on infront of their posts...and HKR win a penalty...HKR go ahead with the first try of the game by Josh Hodgson

HKR have added a penalty, while meanwhile around the nation, Salford are leading Huddersfield 6 0, while Widnes - Warrington is still goalless at the Stobart Stadium

And Hull KR have scored again...

Edited by StreetCowboy

HFC win a penalty for a high tackle, but they can't make it pay...
And HFC win a penalty two metres out.... And another for a high tackle...but HFC can't force their way over. Desperate play keeps the ball alive, and a little grubber kick forces a goal line dropout "It's messy, it's scruffy, it's untidy, but it just might do the job"
But it doesn.t
And they go in for oranges at HFC 0 - 12 HKR. In the sheds they'll see the videprinter... Salford 10 - 6 Hudds, Widnes 6 - 6 Warrington... and before anyone starts complaining, it's not ray and allan on the BBC anyway for Widnes Warrington, though it is live on BBC Merseyside. And they're choking on their oranges as Widnes score to take the lead 10-6
Edited by StreetCowboy

And shortly after the break, HFC score to make a game of it.

HFC exerting all the pressure, and HKR's Travis Burns goes off with an injured shoulder.

But HKR score in the corner to maintain their lead... 4 - 18

And Salford stretched their lead to 20 - 10 at Barton on Irwell against Huddersfield. that'll see Wigan take top position in the league (subject to the result at Widnes)

And Chris Welham seals it for Rovers (doesn;t he?)

Salford still leadiing Huddersfield, and Warrington have taken the lead at Widnes 12 - 16

Edited by StreetCowboy

and Danny Tickle wins a late try and conversion to reduce the deficit to 23 - 10, HKR taking a drop goal earlier....

And Widnes back in front 26 -18 against neighbours Warrington, while Salford cling on by thier teeth to a 21 - 20 advantage over Huddersfield

And that's it at the KC HFC 10 - 23 HKR; let's see how the other games end

SC

32 - 18 and Warrington need to score three times in the last ten minutes. Chris Reilly takes a 30 metre pass to score, btu the goal kick goes awry and its 32 - 22, despite pre-match predictions, Three minutes to go...

And Paddy Flynn breaks Joel Monaghan dives for an ankle tap but he;s over in the corner for his second try of the afternoon, Widnes 36 - 22 Warrington, a momentous victory for Widnes Vikings against their local rivals from up the river.

Further up the river and onto the canal, Salford have held on at the Barton docks to beat league leaders Huddersfield 21 - 20.

So what does that mean for the table? No idea, I've been mauled by more Tigers than I care to count...

SC

Edited by StreetCowboy

More misery....how much more can our 2013 cup winning side take?

I'm still suffering from those Tigers - the last one was a big one.

I braved a look at the table, and Wigan are on top with Catalans, then Huddersfield and then Warrington holding hands with St Helens.

At the foot of the table Castleford lag Salford and London, while Hull FC are eleventh. In their second season in Superleague, Widnes are not far off the middle of the table, level with Wakefield in tenth and ninth respectively, with two thirds of the season still to go.

If you can bear a brief digression to the other code, Edinburgh won a dismal 7 - 9 mudfest at bottom club Zebre in front of 1,800, while Glasgow ran in six tries at home against Munster to get back on top of the table - but the most heartening statistic was surely the Scotstoun attendance of 5,800+ on a cold Friday night.

I've got the Tokyo Sevens to look forward to today, and plenty more Superleague action on Easter Monday, Warrington entertain London while Hull are away (not far away, mind) to Wakefield... Let's hope there's no falling out there, eh David?.

SC

• Like 1

Well, gentlemen, I'm sorry I'm a bit late, but better late than never

That'sdebatable, Cowboy

Here we are back at the Halliwell Jones, still smarting from defeat at the Stobart Stadium at the start of the weekend, and Ray French is getting excited as broncos break, but pass too soon before he's drawn his man

thisisnotimefircharicatures!

"AND THE BRONCOS ARE IN AT THE CORNER" Kieron Dixon scores - one of the local London lads in the London Broncos team, scored after six and a half minutes,

And we're enjoying this match from the Cheers beergarden; joined over a pint of Kilkenny by Ray French and Allan Rooney thanks to the magic of internet radio ... wireless, even. And we're also joined by a bloke with a guitar and a microphone... "Sweet Caroline", but we;re listening to the BBC. Or trying to. I need to get bigger speakers on this laptop...

... and Warrington have taken a 10 - 4 lead.

AND DICKSON HAS TAKEN HIS SECOND TRY IN THE CORNER. It might just be Allan Rooney in the commentary box, with Mark somebodyorother. Warrington are showing a lack of captaincy, with Lee Briers and Adrian Morley absent through injury, and the score narrows to 10 - 8.

Elsewhere, Widnes are trailing in Huddersfield 6 - 0, Wigan are 14 - 0 up at Hulking StoneroversSt Helens are leading Castleford 6-0 while Salford trail by a similar margin at Bradford. "The Warrington fans are getting a little bit aerated" as the Broncos defence is up very quickly

Wakefield Hull will be kicking off in ten minutes or so...

Edited by StreetCowboy

And you;re lucky I lost that last post - it was full of <deleted> and blinding as my computer locked up.

Everyone's wrapped up well at the Halliwell Jones, plenty of flat caps.

While I was momentarily silenced

Suchsweetmoments!

there's been no score, if the latest scores page is to be believed. (and it's not.. its run away to 22 - 8)

Ratchford to Carvell to Myler, kick down field, its a race but the ball bounced up as he dived for it and knocks on over the dead ball line; Warrington penalised for a ripping tackle

And Broncos break like wild horses (Witt) down the wing and Dixon was flying, catching the ball in one hand, fends off and scores in the corner and its now 22 - 14.

And now for a word from Lawless in Huddersfield .... 26 - 0 at the Galpharm Stadium (that's the old Sir Alfred McAlpine...)

And Wakefield are 4 - 0 up against Hull FC

And the first half ends 22 - 14; it is Ray French, by the way, no sign of Allan Rooney - he;s probably at St Helens, or over the hills and far away. I don't know who Mark is, though.

Edited by StreetCowboy

And Mark and Ray are waxng eloquent on the development of rugby league in London...

"... AND HODGESON GOES THROUGH and has he got the ball down? Who would have thought it, after all those forward drives, that little Brett Hodgson would be the man that goes over... that really is a soft try to give away"

28 - 14

Wakefield 10 - 0 up, while Wigan, Huddersfield and St Helens all look comfortable.

Carvell charging down the middle, over the Broncos 20 metre line, and Atkins breaks on the last tackle but Dixon blocks the pass and the Broncos bring it back

Good tackling stifles the Warrington attack, but they're up to the half way line a high kick from Ratchford and the full back takes the ball comfortably this time.

And the referee signals "Well, I don't know what that was" "It looked like shovelling snow, Ray" "Well, he's given head and feed to Broncos, whateveritwas"

"And everytime you think the Broncos are going to collapse... they don't collapse"

"I don;t like the way he's carrying that ball, its on the palm of his outstretched hand" "He's got no control of it - its not what you want of your last line of defence"

Edited by StreetCowboy

And Hull FC have taken a 12 - 10 lead in Wakefield, as we struggle to get our feed back from Warrington...

Oh, sorry, Ray, I'd have gone to the bar for you, if you'd said

And Ratchford has scored under the posts as Warrington open up the Broncos defence 34 - 14, and it feels like Easter has arrived as blue sky opens overhead

and Wakefield have equalised with a penalty goal - 12 all

and Warrington are going again, Benny Westwood, Carvell, and Ratchford gets his second (I think)

And the Broncos full-back makes another mistake - a game he'll want to forget, and Warrington coasting in now, with three tries in four minutes, 44 - 14 and Broncos looking at a very long 13 minutes to go

Warrington put in a high kick, Alex Hirst is underneath it but he leaps theatrically and spills the ball and Warrington score again.

And Broncos score at the final whistle to make it 54 - 20, playing from start to finish, a young team with lots of promise - could the Broncos put London on the map?

SC

Edited by StreetCowboy