Live Rugby League

sorry sc.i couldn't resist it,such a great game with a fair result in the end.

have a look at the obstruction and see what you think.i wont say what I feel athough the video refs.got it wrong,i will say why.

I wont be watching any one of tonights games as we have athletics at 1am.i have always followed this but the downside is the commentary its in thai,now you tell me how many thais watch athletics at 1am-3am in the morning.

I watched the Warrington game this afternoon - I was so over-confident I watched the Hearts - Man City game first (1-2 in favour of the visitors).

Widnes comprehensively beat Warrington - it looked like Warrington might come back from the grave when they scored twice in two minutes to pull it back to 24 - 10 but poor handling continued to let them down, and the 28 - 14 final score-line was a fair reflection of the difference in enthusiasm and commitment between the two teams. Tonight Saint Helens play London, which should see Saints back on top of the table, and later, Wakey travel to Perpignan (11 pm THAI, commentary on the BBC wireless)(I'll probably not stay up for it, though, as I want to go cycling early in the morning)

SC

My apologies for the misinformation - there's no live commentary on the BBC for the Catalans - Wakey game.

So it'll be no Wakey sleepy sleepy for me now

SC

*sigh* ... I set the alarm so I could be awake for that live commentary.

My apologies for the misinformation - there's no live commentary on the BBC for the Catalans - Wakey game.

SC

You should be grateful for small mercies

http://www.bbc.com/sport/rugby-league/match/rl3686509

• Like 1

biggrin.png

SC

You should be grateful for small mercies

http://www.bbc.com/sport/rugby-league/match/rl3686509

yes sc.david has 2,by the look on their faces they enjoyed the wakey result.biggrin.png

table is starting to take shape with saints 2points clear of wigan and leeds,with cas.another point behind.

thurs.night/fri morn.2am.for me hull fc.vs cas.should be easy for cas.

cant believe Bradford are relegated.

table is starting to take shape with saints 2points clear of wigan and leeds,with cas.another point behind.

thurs.night/fri morn.2am.for me hull fc.vs cas.should be easy for cas.

cant believe Bradford are relegated.

quote "should be easy for cas."

robbed,mugged,taken to the cleaners? what do you think sc.

there's a few sore bodies this morning.

as eddie would say,ayyyyyyyyyyyy poor lads.

and a bonus for me,sat2am,salford vs leeds,salford on a roll of 3games on the trot but can they hold off leeds.

a good hard game with leeds missing sinfields kicking.who won not telling in case sc.wants to watch and live the excitement.

Sorry, I'm on my holidays so I'll not be catching the games. I'm off to the games tomorrow though, I hope, for the Sevens Finals...

Did you get there?

I watched the final game ... really good.

Hope you had those gloves on last night

Sorry, I'm on my holidays so I'll not be catching the games. I'm off to the games tomorrow though, I hope, for the Sevens Finals...

Did you get there?

I watched the final game ... really good.

Hope you had those gloves on last night

Didn't need the gloves. Lovely toastie-warm weather in Scotland. Tremendous final, and two very exciting games as England beat Scotland and then Wales to lift the Plate. Then, South Africa handed New Zealand their first ever Commonwealth Games Sevens defeat, to lift the Gold Medal.

Meanwhile, in this code, upsets as Bradford topple Wigan and Warrington's Chris Reilly, on loan to Wakefield, scored three tries to defeat his parent club.

SC

• Like 1

and a bonus for me,sat2am,salford vs leeds,salford on a roll of 3games on the trot but can they hold off leeds.

a good hard game with leeds missing sinfields kicking.who won not telling in case sc.wants to watch and live the excitement.

watched wigan vs.salford this morning,this couldn't have been the side that played leeds,so many mistakes first half they were given a right bollicking by coach yestyn harris according to stevo,well the second half he must have left half way through as they were dreadfull.don't know what the score was but embarrassing.

And we're coming up to the pointy end of the season now...

Leeds v Warrington on Saturday and Widnes v Castleford on Sunday in the Challenge Cup Semi Finals, and there's only four more rounds in the league before the play-offs start, and four points covering the top six teams

SC

Edited by StreetCowboy

Leeds v Warrington on Saturday and Widnes v Castleford on Sunday in the Challenge Cup Semi Finals, and there's only four more rounds in the league before the play-offs start, and four points covering the top six teams

SC

welcome back sc.looking forward to the weekend its on our telle.

SC

I'm chortling with glee - cackling, even - and of course, rubbing my hands to boot, in anticipation of the weekend's games. Leeds v Warrington is at Langtree Park, Wigan, while Castleford - Widnes is at Leigh Sports Village; two great new stadia, and should be a tremendous atmosphere

SC

SC

I'm chortling with glee - cackling, even - and of course, rubbing my hands to boot, in anticipation of the weekend's games. Leeds v Warrington is at Langtree Park, Wigan, while Castleford - Widnes is at Leigh Sports Village; two great new stadia, and should be a tremendous atmosphere

SC

20,000 pork pies on order and a ton of mushy peas.if I was there I would be licking my lips.GET IN THE CUE.TAFF.

And Eurosport are showing the highlights from the Quarter-Finals round - specifically, the whole of the Bradford - Warrington game.

"Que Sera Sera, Whatever will be, will be

We're going to Wembelee

Que Sera, sera."

If Warrington win tonight, I'll watch the final in Sid's, and if we lose, I'll watch it in a huff.

SC

I'm swithering between watching the game on Eurosport, or listening to Ray French, and catching up with the pictures in the morning.

While Eurosport are reliving the Quarter-final drama, Radio Merseyside are building up the tension with Ray and Allan at Langtree Park. So I think that settles it - I'm Listening In (Haud oan a minnit thair, Cowboy, whair's Sharkey? Doesn't seem right, does it?" AhcannaebelieveyergaunnaemissootontheliveTV, Cowboy. Great art is worth suffering for, Imam. For those that don't enjoy cracking sporting entertainment, there's the Charity Shield tommorrow....I can watch the recording then)

And we're at Langtree Park in St Helens for Warrington v Leeds with Ray French and Allan Rooney

It's going to be a cracking game, with both teams at more or less full strength

You can probably hear me cackling with glee and anticipation and rubbing my hands to boot...

SC

• Like 1

Leeds kick off to Warrington, Warrington work the ball up and kick it to Zack Hardacre

Leeds do the same, and kick to Matty Russell, who loses the ball in the tackle from a loose carry, there's a penalty for obstruction, and Kevin Sinfield, fresh off his two match suspension kicks Leeds two points ahead.

The terraces are packed

And Ratchford has kicked the ball dead from the kick-off "That, Ray, is a criminal error... it's gone sixty, and Warrington are now going to be under pressure"

Grandad Peacock takes the ball forward, ... Leeds are a metre short, but Warrington recover the ball behind the line to drop out from their own goal line.

The TV has come on now, a few minutes behind

Joel Monaghan saves the day with a catch but he's scragged behind the line and Warrington kick out again

"Warrington under tremendous pressure, they've got to get the ball somehow...Karl Ablett charges over but he's held up over the line and Warrington get a turn-over on their ten metre line.

Leeds attacking again, on the Warrington five metre line, Michael Monaghan is down with accidental contact with Grandpa Peacock's knees "...and he's got very boney knees, Ray" "indeed he has, Allan"

A high tackle on Joel Moon, and Warrington have to defend another set of six, but again, Buchanan is held up as Michael Monaghan turns him over to win a scrum for Warrington on the ten metre line

Warrington not afraid to push the ball out wide, Anthony England takes a knock off the ball, and Warrington lose the ball after a forward pass....

Delaney up to the Warington 30 metre line

Warrington are into the Leeds half again, working the ball up the pitch, Matty Russell shakes off Ablett but the Leeds defence are shooting off the line and Warrington on the last tackle, Zack Hardacre fields the ball in goal for a 22 metre tap

"This is unbelievable, Allan" "Great Game!"

Leeds attacking again, and win another six tackles for a knocked-down pass in the Warrington half but Leeds knock on as Kirk comes on for Lulai

"I don't think I've seen a game, Allan, as fast and furious as this for the first fifteen minutes"

Tony Smith is wearing some particularly stylish dark glasses, by the way

Warrington are playing in White, with Leeds in blue and yellow, which must be a little confusing for the Wire.

Paul 'hitler' Wood is on as Warrington struggle to get out of their half, and Warrington kick Leeds down to the touch line on their five metre line.

... and while my wife is on the phone, Leeds have scored, with a pass out to Ryan Hall on the wing, who touches down (more or less) in the corner, and SInfield kicks the conversion from the touch line

And while she's wittering on, the game progresses, and Ryan Hall scores again in the corner, this time with the ball securely held against his chest, and again, Sinfield kicks the conversion

SC

Edited by StreetCowboy

And as we get back to the game, Chris Bridge has scored, but he then kicks the ball off the post - 14 - 4...

And the Warrington fans think their side are back in it, but their usual pessimistic nervousness shows through ... "Worry Worry Worry Warrington..."

And Benny Westwood squanders a chance when he doesn't see his opportunity...

but Warrington have an attacking scrum.

but the attack comes to nothing a Richie Myler's kick is fielded and taken forward.

But Leeds' attack is making more ground, and a Karl ablett break sets up the attack after a Rob Burrow break and Moon goes in on the corner and could that be the score that seals it for the Yorkshiremen? Kevin Sinfield uncharacteristically misses the conversion

Leeds fluff the long kick-out and will return the ball to Warrington from their own 22 metre line

Penalty to Warrington for a high tackle

Simon Grix hauled down two feet from the line, but the Leeds defence is sealed tight, Chris Bridge - has he got down? He's held up, Allan

Ray and Allan can't see the big screen because of the sun, so all we can do is speculate - I've no idea who the video referee is, by the way

and Leeds get a turnover, as Bridge is deemed to have lost the ball.

Grandpa Peacock takes the ball up to the thirty

Leeds over the half way line, Matty Russell has the ball under control despite a wicked bounce and Warrington break on the left hand side, up to half way, Chris Hill into the Leeds half

And I'm really looking forward to watching the recording tomorrow...

Chris Hill seems to have picked up a shiner, by the way; black as Tony Smith's goggles, but a lot more blue

Warrington six more tackles a few yards out

and Bennie Westwood serves Ratchford but has he dropped it over the try line? Leeds are not stirring from behind their line, while Chris Bridge walks back for the conversion, and the rest of the team go back to their own half....

"It's a try all right, and Warrington Wolves are right back into it" COME ON YOU WIRE

"I think this Leeds side are tiring, Allan"

And the linesmen say Chris Bridge's kick is good - 18 - 10 in favour of Leeds

And the Wolves' tails are up (that's a weebit of an unsavoury image, Cowboy)

Edited by StreetCowboy

Suddenly the pace has moved up a notch as Warrington attack from their own half, but Michael Monaghan as he loses the ball and goes down, injured,and the referee stops play.

Briscoe intercepts in the Leeds half, and Briscoe runs in, hands off Rees Evans and that will surely put paid to Warrington 22- 10 with the kick to come from in front of the posts

"sure to say, Ray, the Warrington handling has let them down"

12 minutes remaining...24 - 10 Leeds

Edited by StreetCowboy

And the power goes out in our building, so this is coming to you courtesy of Maxis 3G and my iPhone, which does not support the live commentary. Warrington have scored to narrow it to 24-16

But that's the way it ends, and Warrington must focus on the League and the play-offs. Can Leeds clinch their first Cup Final in goodness knows how many attempts, so often runners1up at Wembley?

SC

Edited by StreetCowboy

So we're sat here in Sid's, because Leigh Sports Village was sold out, and Eurosport have got cycling on still. Now, I enjoy cycling as much as the next man, but if you're not dodging taxis and buses and drivers who've lost their white sticks, it's not proper cycling. Get the rugby on, eh, boys?

Turns out it's a 3pm kick-off. While we're waiting, relegated Hearts go a goal up against promoted Rangers in the Scottishly Football Championship, at the Commonwealth Games Sevens stadium, Ibrox, where Rangers are the regular incumbents

Edited by StreetCowboy

AND WIDNES HAVE SCORED!

I've been waiting all night to say that, and with Castleford leading on 22 points, I doubt it will make a great difference to the final result, and even still, Richard Silverwood is referring it to the man in the box, and the try is disallowed for held-up. I might as well have watched the bloody Charity Shield

SC

So I was a bit premature, and Castleford extend their lead to 28 points. I can see an all - Yorkshire final coming up

But Kevin Brown breaks, kicks across, off a Castleford player, back to zero tackles, and Owens scores in the opposite corner and WIDNES HAVE SCORED!!! And he converts his own try, to make it 28 - 6. The TV pictures are too big for my screen, so I can tel you the time is something 40, but I don't know how many minutes. Jonathan Davies is awarding the man of the match, Luke Dorne, and anyone that calls him a one-eyed Welsh Git is clearly following the wrong code.

Edited by StreetCowboy