Even For A Nation Of Thieves.it's Never Too Late

churchill

Its quite scary that even as Thailand modernizes, the old ways of thinking are ingrained. Compare to countries like Malaysia and Singapore where modern rational/logical thinking is part of the education system (as well as being taught about technology, science, students are also taught to think logically/reason). What worries me is that young people are being brought up in this way, which means you won't see an improvement in the next generation of Thais.

I also have this problem with my kids; I have taken them away from my wife, and she has brought them up in 'the Thai way'. Its a real battle trying to get them to tell the truth or be honest! Not to mention the step daughter an Uni who lies to me all the time about why she needs money, that I don't believe a word she says now. I am starting to believe only my gf is the honest Thai in Thailand (there are some honest/straight people about)!

I don't want to criticize Thais, but thats the way it is!

It's not only some Thai kids and Thai teenagers that are like this, seems to be part of growing up nowadays, almost everywhere. Sadly.

I have several teenage nieces and nephews, all of whom work hard, both at school and at home, are scrupulously honest, and know next to nothing about the seamier side of life, drink, drugs, teenage sex, and tobacco. When I think how most teenagers are back in the UK, I'm grateful to be here.

There are plenty of honest Thais, the vast majority that I've dealt with have never been a problem. Like all countries, it's the minority who get the headlines.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic