Sports Cruiser

I have a 2004 4-door 4x4 Toyota Sports Cruiser. Unlike the Vigo, it does not have an intercooler. Has any of you experienced adding an intercooler to your Sports Cruiser? Any suggestions where this can be done well? Thanks.

I have a 2004 4-door 4x4 Toyota Sports Cruiser. Unlike the Vigo, it does not have an intercooler. Has any of you experienced adding an intercooler to your Sports Cruiser? Any suggestions where this can be done well? Thanks.

If its a D4d commonrail it has an intercooler, positioned in front of the radiator. Not under the hood on top of the engine like in the Vigo.

If you want more power inexpensively, try racechips.com. Expect 170 hp/390 Nm for the gen 1 Denso commonrail 3000 cc.

If its a D4d commonrail it has an intercooler, positioned in front of the radiator. Not under the hood on top of the engine like in the Vigo.

If you want more power inexpensively, try racechips.com. Expect 170 hp/390 Nm for the gen 1 Denso commonrail 3000 cc.

Not all D4d commonrails have intercoolers, do they??? I have a 4 year old vido 2.5L d4d but I don't think it has an intercooler. The intercooler models say so on the grill.

Pre-vigo Hiluxes didn't have intercoolers. They could be easily installed, though, someone offered me 15k for the job years ago.

I'd certainly go with Philip here, if you don't know any garages in your neighbourhood.

Pre-vigo Hiluxes didn't have intercoolers. They could be easily installed, though, someone offered me 15k for the job years ago.

I'd certainly go with Philip here, if you don't know any garages in your neighbourhood.

Where are you located, Chiang Mai? I would like to have a respectable mechanic recommended here in CM.

I am interested in doing about a 2 inch lift on my 2wd vigo. I am thinking about strut spacers but am interested to see what is available. I can't easily go "PreRunner height" since the 2wds have "axle-over" in the rear. To go much higher, I'd need to have the axle flipped. The truck already seems to have about a 2" rear lift so I think it has new shackles, and then with 2" in the front, it should be good enough.

Sorry for the thread high-jack but it seems like this thread has the right people to talk with. I got no replies to a previous thread i started about this.

Thank you! I will bear this in mind.