Egg Incubators

The above answer is do-able if you can find a bantam or silkie that is in a broody mood.

If you are in the CM area, I have seen them in a large animal feed shop for 8kthb-16thb with rotators.

Or you could build one yourself, which I have seen on google 'diy egg incubator"......a simple cheap version is made with a styrofoam box, lite bulb, and thermostat set at 100f [approx].....i am still looking for a thermostat and someone to wire it.

are you getting your eggs from abroad?? something I want to do to get some exotic chicken breeds that are available in US hatcheries.

Try a surrogate hen

Bubba

On a side note.....funniest thing when you use a surrogate. I used a broody hen to hatch some duck eggs. On their first day out free-ranging, wandering around behind "Mum", they passed a drinking tray full of water...the ducklings instinctively jumped in. Meanwhile, Mother Hen is having coniptions on the sidelines, calling her chicks to get out!

Funnier still if you reverse the species....you should see a mother duck trying to get her "duckling" chickens into the water! :)

A broody hen will do the job for you very well indeed- or, if technicly minded, Google the subject - you'll be able to build one for a fraction of the price of what one wil cost in the shop - all it is is box with a heater element connected to a temp controller, and a saucer of water with a small dc fan - and lastly, a cheap Chinese windup/alarm clock - use the mechanism connected to a couple of dowl sticks (with a nail in each end of each dowl stick,to act as an axle) with a rubber band looped over to turn the dowls as the clock unwinds (to keep the eggs turning)! Actualy the last point you can forgo - so long as you dont forget to turn them by hand a few times each day (360degree divided by the number of times you decide to turn them).

As long as you keep the temp within a couple degrees and humidty within a few percent, both for I think at least 2/3rd's of the total time, they'll hatch fine.

er ..... a gentle word regards turkeys.

They make a racket - belive me, they are going to have you and your neighbours up all night at the slightest noise! You have been warned -them and geese!

A broody hen will do the job for you very well indeed- or, if technicly minded, Google the subject - you'll be able to build one for a fraction of the price of what one wil cost in the shop - all it is is box with a heater element connected to a temp controller, and a saucer of water with a small dc fan - and lastly, a cheap Chinese windup/alarm clock - use the mechanism connected to a couple of dowl sticks (with a nail in each end of each dowl stick,to act as an axle) with a rubber band looped over to turn the dowls as the clock unwinds (to keep the eggs turning)! Actualy the last point you can forgo - so long as you dont forget to turn them by hand a few times each day (360degree divided by the number of times you decide to turn them).

As long as you keep the temp within a couple degrees and humidty within a few percent, both for I think at least 2/3rd's of the total time, they'll hatch fine.

er ..... a gentle word regards turkeys.

They make a racket - belive me, they are going to have you and your neighbours up all night at the slightest noise! You have been warned -them and geese!

Perfect as watchdogs in your garden with other words ;-) .

Perfect? .... too perfect.

Yes, they make a bloody noise at the slightest distrubance - a leaf rustling in the wind can set them off, and the noise they make will have you and the missus tearing your hair out.

Geese are the same - and a more aggressive.

Perfect? .... too perfect.

Yes, they make a bloody noise at the slightest distrubance - a leaf rustling in the wind can set them off, and the noise they make will have you and the missus tearing your hair out.

Geese are the same - and a more aggressive.

Spot on. When first getting used to having geese with almost sleepless nights because of the h--ll they were raising I would be ready to butcher the lot come morning. After a few weeks I guess I've got used to the noise because it dont bother me as much anymore, but I still hate turning on thje light in the middle of the night because I know that will be good for 10 minutes of what sounds like a gang fight in the backyard.

The above answer is do-able if you can find a bantam or silkie that is in a broody mood.

If you are in the CM area, I have seen them in a large animal feed shop for 8kthb-16thb with rotators.

Or you could build one yourself, which I have seen on google 'diy egg incubator"......a simple cheap version is made with a styrofoam box, lite bulb, and thermostat set at 100f [approx].....i am still looking for a thermostat and someone to wire it.

are you getting your eggs from abroad?? something I want to do to get some exotic chicken breeds that are available in US hatcheries.

where about is this feed shop in CM located? I have seen them in JJ market but prefer to purchase in CM area. Thanks

To get to the shop, turn off the main superhiway at the Ram 2 hospital junction towards Maejo and the Rimping supermarket. It will be on your left about 2/3rds the way to the 2nd ring road traffic light. Can't remember tha name of the shop, but there is some signage for feeds.

The owner is Chineese and speaks some English, but his son in law [scot] just returned from the US and speaks perfect Califirnian English.

There were 2 incubators up on a shelf to the left, with you facing the back of shop.

Scott is a good guy and loves to share info and practice his English.....say 'hi from Jack'

If you are in the CM area and I get some fertile chicken eggs sent [smuggled] in, then maybe I could rent your incubator for a month when it's not in use?/ Pm me if you're interested in helping me hatch.

• 3 weeks later...
Does anybody know where I can buy a small egg incubator in Thailand? Siitable for hatching duck or turkey eggs. Have tried Google withot success.

Thanks.

At Sa Too Jak Market (the new Sanamluang Weekends Market) near Bkk?

Does anybody know where I can buy a small egg incubator in Thailand? Siitable for hatching duck or turkey eggs. Have tried Google withot success.

Thanks.

Can someone tells me the price of a manual chicken eggs incubator in Thailand? Thanks: [email protected]

Thanks.

Yes, tell me where in Thailand I will be able to buy 1 too...

In Australia Bellsouth sell it for about AU$200.00 + shipping of about AU$90.00. It can take 100 chook eggs. It's a good one/manual turn.

As for Thailand I was told Sa-Too-jak Market (previously: Snam Luang) sells egg incubators. I'm in Australia. If u know where to get 1 in Thailand pls tell me.

Thanks.

Can someone tells me the price of a manual chicken eggs incubator in Thailand? Thanks: [email protected]

Incubator and egg turner is no more than a 555 IC timer chip (about Baht 100 at MBK shopping center), a small dc motor from any scrapyard (voltage not important 6vdc - 48vdc - youre running it from a 555 chip so its going to be pulse width modulated), a couple of infra-red lights (from your local hardware store) a few pieces of timber, some dowling, foam rubber, a bicycle chain and front & rear cogs, and lastly any old 12vdc transformer with around 500milliAmp to 1 Amp output ..... some running around to get the parts (all the electronic parts you can get from radio Shack in Bkk) and your time, half a day to a day to knock together.

... oh, and some srcap wire, a soldering iron, saw, hammer and screws or nails.

Total? - I guess around baht 2k or so ... and it will last 4ever.