Flying Christmas Day

DarloKnight

We have booked and are flying Christmas day LHR to BKK with Eva, as anyone flewn Christmas day? Is it just like any other day as far as airlines are concerned? Do you think the flight will be full? Just curious :D

Am also interested to know

Is the flight full of excited vacationing elves, do they serve turkey dinners and worst of all how much does it cost for a taxi to the airport in the morning? :)

Last year I chose to fly EVA on Christmas Eve from Los Angeles to Bangkok. Business class was about 75% full. The airport check-in and security lines were VERY long, mostly Asian passengers who were not in the habit of observing Christmas as a holiday. I suspect you'll find the same is true on your flight from Heathrow.

I worked at LHR for many years,believe me,International long haul departures carry on the same as any other day.European & Domestic flights are all cancelled.The flights are always pretty well loaded too,don't forget many countries don't celebrate Xmas as we do.

I flew out of Vancouver on Christmas Eve 23 years ago. It's normally a quiet airport but I had to wait well over an hour in the queue to check in due to all the Filipino workers returning home for Christmas loaded down with several huge cardboards boxes of goodies each. Apart from that it was a normal flight, no carols, no turkey or Christmas pud on the menu.

I've worked many a Christmas day serving passengers over the years. Depends on the destination on whether the flights are full or not. Domestic flights USA the flights are not full but inter Europe flights I've found to be pretty much the same. But as far as flights to Europe from Asia or vice versa I've found them pretty much the same. The worse day to fly back to Asia though is January 2nd as I've found the flights generally overbooked, but if you are flying economy you have a better chance of being upgraded.

As far as service goes it stays pretty much the same, though I do remember us having a "special holiday" menu several years ago, but with the economy and cut backs I'm sure that is a thing of the past.