Immigration office

It's 200000 for now, on July 10th 2004 it will change to 400000 or a combination of funds and a embassy certified document that states your income.

This I was told recently at the Imm. when I applied for the Marriage visa.

And its not like some people might tell you that if you get that visa before the rise happens you will be under some grandfather clause and get away with the old sum.

Hope it helps    :o

I have stated before I have acquire Thai Citizenship so not affected but my brother has not and is on his first year. So wife has a uncle at immigration who is a colonel and he and 2 other colonels were guest of mine the other night. During the course of the evening I asked about the current changes regarding fees. I got 2 different answers from them and it almost boiled down to a fight so I stepped back in and related how every gover ment reg needs clarity. At any rate they were to look at reg again and get back to me. My Uncle says grandfathered and one other colonel agreed. When and if I get the real dope on this I will post.

Yea its pretty confusing when some people say this and others say that..

But I have to believe that what I was told by the Imm. Officer here in ChiangMai is the real deal, that I have to top it up or show proof of income when funds are not enough..

The grandfather clause is only wishful thinking I believe from the 'farangs' point of view..

But more money in a Thai bank means more money for Thailand to make use of.

Mot....take a letter from the Bank evidencing the 2000k and the bride, her ID card, and the marriage cerificates. I am sure (ish) that you'll win. Neat attire and jai yen yen     :o

the house registration book of the wife may also be required!

opalhort

Well took a few days but have answer back from the three colonels at immigration. They all agree 200k and anyone already in system grandfathered. Now that said rest assured someone at an immigration office will intrepet differently but BKK where it must go says Grandfathered.

Mot DPP and OPal correct on paper work