Baby Gate

qwunk89

Sorry for the uninteresting post. Does anyone know where I can buy a baby gate in Chiang Mai? The kind that goes in the space between a door or opening and is adjustable. I checked at the baby store in Airport Plaza, Home Pro, Tesco and Big C with no luck. Thanks for any advice.

Chris

I've never seen one for sale, but I saw a very cleverly made one that used pvc blue pipes and connectors instead of the more customary wood. Looked like it would be an easy enough do it yourselfer (if you can stand the look of it in your house...)

What a good idea! I've been looking for one for ages too but I'm sure I can make one of those.

There have been 2-3 prior threads on the same topic here in the Chiang Mai sub-forum with lots of good suggestions - try searching on "baby gate" "child safety gate" or similar and see if you can't turn them up.

We had local old guys in the village make some out of bamboo for a fraction of the price of the expensive ones in the baby shops here

Sorry for the uninteresting post. Does anyone know where I can buy a baby gate in Chiang Mai? The kind that goes in the space between a door or opening and is adjustable. I checked at the baby store in Airport Plaza, Home Pro, Tesco and Big C with no luck. Thanks for any advice.

Chris

No apology needed. I thought it was 'babygate' and was expecting some sort of scandal about Milk Formulas but then I noticed the space between the two words. So, the babies are safe and my fears were unfounded. Good.

Now, where did I leave my glasses?

Edited by muggins

Brown Farm sell the gates under the trade namne 'Katojl'. Central sell them under the name 'Lindam'. They are exactly the same product, though the prices can vary greatly. Most Thai stairways/doorways are greater than the standard offering. Brown Farm were the best price to buy the gates at last year, but Central had the extensions to make them big enough. Just different product names.

Iain