Test

The Vulcan

Hi 'The Vulcan',

Works fine and welcome to the club 'of linking your photos' rather then attaching them :D

Saves your space :)

I use it most often not only in this forum, but all over Thaivisa forums.

Yours truly,

Win in Kan :D

Ur link doesnt work :)

Works for me.

What doesn't work for me is that there is no embedded image showing at all in this topic. Neither in FF 3.0 or IE6. Seen that several times in the photography forum. In IE it shows a link to the image only which when I click on it pops up the image in another window.

Mmmm, no idea.

Theres some great shots there The Vulcan. Good work, you seem to have a good eye for it.....if only you had my Nikon Camera :) , just kidding.

Thank you for your compliments.

All film shots shots!

Which is what I was getting at in the "Digital v Film" thread

Glad you liked them

Its funny I'm certainly no photographer, just a hack, but after listening to you, it has taken me back to my hi-fi days, I'm not talking about digital surround sound crap but rather true hi-fi, which in my opinion consists best in the form of a quality Turntable, with analog recorded vinyl, a pure amp (none of that 4000 booming watts) and a set of two speakers, naturally with some great connecting cables. :)

Some people just don't get it, the above system will out perform CD's and all that crappy surround sound hi-fi gear built by the Japanese.

I can imagine that some purists would think the same regarding photography. Perhaps I should go and get the F80 out again.

Its funny I'm certainly no photographer, just a hack, but after listening to you, it has taken me back to my hi-fi days, I'm not talking about digital surround sound crap but rather true hi-fi, which in my opinion consists best in the form of a quality Turntable, with analog recorded vinyl, a pure amp (none of that 4000 booming watts) and a set of two speakers, naturally with some great connecting cables. :)

Some people just don't get it, the above system will out perform CD's and all that crappy surround sound hi-fi gear built by the Japanese.

I can imagine that some purists would think the same regarding photography. Perhaps I should go and get the F80 out again.

Agreed - but you'll immediate encounter and inherit the same problem - DUST AND SCRATCHES!

I like using film and I'll never abandon it but what a PIA it is. You need a dedicated film scanner, ANR glass inserts to keep it flat, film cleaning equipment, blowers, dusters etc etc. It's endless.

Then find 36 shots worth shooting, (no multi shooting at film prices) send off for D+P, wait a week for their return, hope you've got the exposures right, blah de blah

Then be prepared to spend an average of 15 minutes per scan, 15 minutes to spot and correct.

So, after a total of 18 hours you've got what a Dslr will do in 30 minutes!

But I do like film - thank God I've got the time :D

What doesn't work for me is that there is no embedded image showing at all in this topic. Neither in FF 3.0 or IE6. Seen that several times in the photography forum. In IE it shows a link to the image only which when I click on it pops up the image in another window.

I use IE7 and then in Bangkok IE6 and have never had a problem seening the linked photos on the Forum. :D

---------------------------------------------------

Nice work 'The Vulcan' :) had a quick look on your site and will look again once in Bangkok on a faster line.

Yours truly,

Win in Kan :D

I can see the image as well, ff tho. Don't touch IE with a ten foot pole. :)

But, I am also on cable in the US so maybe it has something to do with everyone complaining about tt&t today?

I can see the image as well, ff tho. Don't touch IE with a ten foot pole. :D

It's only been in the P&A forum and appears to be only the flickr linked images. This is on my home DTAC EDGE connection and will try it at the office Monday. I opened the OP post with the editor and the standard [ img] tags are there correctly but IE shows it with the tags and address and FF shows as empty. Both browsers use their own cache and cookies so not related to that.

Will dig deeper because I'm missing quite a few images in one of my new found homes, the P&A forum. :)