Local Movers

just_Elaine

We need to move some furniture (including a heavy teak desk) from our old house to our new house this weekend (26 or 27 Feb). The distance between the houses is about 5 km. Has anyone used a local moving company or do you know someone with a truck and strong hands and backs that might be interested?

Thanks in advance,

Elaine

We need to move some furniture (including a heavy teak desk) from our old house to our new house this weekend (26 or 27 Feb).  The distance between the houses is about 5 km.  Has anyone used a local moving company or do you know someone with a truck and strong hands and backs that might be interested?

Thanks in advance,

Elaine

Here are a couple of friends with trucks and strong stuff.... :o

Prathom 01-706-6939

Pon 09-701-9317 (Doesn't speak English)

He's at my house doing some work today, and I mentioned your note above to him.. Told him to tham dee because you are going to write and tells us all the details.. I'm sure he gets the point. I believe in accountability. :o

Good luck :D

• 3 weeks later...

Sorry that it has taken me so long to post.....

The move went well. Prathom brought along 3 other guys and they handled our teak desk fine. We had blankets that we put in between pieces of furniture so that things wouldn't rub together. We took 2 trips to the new house. The first one, we were a bit afraid that one of the guys would get hurt since some things were hanging off the truck. The second trip, we insisted on using some of rope like things he had on his truck to tie things in and that looked much more secure. They did a very good job.

Ajarn - again thanks very much.

Sorry that it has taken me so long to post.....

The move went well.  Prathom brought along 3 other guys and they handled our teak desk fine.  We had blankets that we put in between pieces of furniture so that things wouldn't rub together.  We took 2 trips to the new house.  The first one, we were a bit afraid that one of the guys would get hurt since some things were hanging off the truck.  The second trip, we insisted on using some of rope like things he had on his truck to tie things in and that looked much more secure.  They did a very good job. 

Thanks, Elaine. I haven't see Prathom since then either, so I can now quelch any rumours of your disappearances being connected :o

Admittedly, I was hoping for a good report to help balance my poorer personal recommendation earlier :D

Onward through the fog :D

Thanks, Elaine. I haven't see Prathom since then either, so I can now quelch any rumours of your disappearances being connected  :o

Admittedly, I was hoping for a good report to help balance my poorer personal recommendation earlier  :D

Onward through the fog  :D

I have been watching this thread with interest since we just got bank approval for a home purchase and not only need someone to help us move but who can act as a renovation/construction supervisor for the work we want done before we move in.

Will give Prathom a call and hope for the best, eh?

da Dustoff