Suzuki Entered The Thai Market

I have known many to have upgraded from a 600 to 1000 for Thai roads. Myself included. Further more a 1050 is even better than a 1000. :)

Please dont tempt me.. I just saw a speed 1050 go for 3800 GBP !! +-200k for late model 1050 !!

Keep repeating.. I am keeping the blade.. I am keeping the blade..

In the big bike sage is KTM... more info soon

(Honda lovers, budget is not allocated, whole South-east Asian reorganization plan is stuck somewhere in-between... and currently nobody knows what is going to happen... super mess...)

Edited by Richard-BKK

KTM have been claiming to enter the Thai market for years.. Theres even a guy claiming to be the 'official importer' with a phuket address..

Yet no bikes I can see..

How about the new SV650s ??

SV650SK9_aBlue_1F5BFF.jpg

At the Bangkok Motor Show Suzuki announced a price of 480.000 Baht for the SV650... :D

Sorry- at that price I'd rather get a Kawasaki ER6, a D-Tracker, and a KSR.

3 brand new Kwackers and money left over.... :)

Holy moley.. Thats some price on that then..

Just goes to show.. Kwakers clever move to locally produce in the BOI system really has given them a market leading edge.

So when is the Z750 or Z1000 on the road then ?? :)

^ Would not bother with those.

Get summat proper like a Speed Triple or a Street Triple R. :D

Your a cruel cruel man TM !!

I actually just came to this post after closing this window..

http://search.autotrader.co.uk/es-uk/www/b...cleRegLetter=05

I am here in UK at the moment.. Shipping to Malaysia is about 40k baht.. And I have mates on the island who do the visa running of bikes without any problems. Even if I add 100k in rego fees later I am still in at +- 300k..

Keep repeating.. I am keeping the blade.. I am keeping the blade.. :)

^ Would not bother with those.

Get summat proper like a Speed Triple or a Street Triple R. :D

Your a cruel cruel man TM !!

I actually just came to this post after closing this window..

http://search.autotrader.co.uk/es-uk/www/b...cleRegLetter=05

I am here in UK at the moment.. Shipping to Malaysia is about 40k baht.. And I have mates on the island who do the visa running of bikes without any problems. Even if I add 100k in rego fees later I am still in at +- 300k..

Keep repeating.. I am keeping the blade.. I am keeping the blade.. :)

Just to help you along a bit...

Street Triple R TB640,000 - GBP11,640

Speed Triple TB780,000 - GBP14,200

Your ad is GBP3,995 - TB220,000

What stopping you from buying it? The Blade? No?

The SV series have been attractive to look at and have performance. The Glady-ass in that blue and white looks uglier everytime I see it!

What I want to know is, will they have these in the showroom?

post-63954-1248878208_thumb.jpg

Poo poo cruisers if you want, but thats what I think I will go for. Hopefully it will keep me alive! :)

Currently it is not clear exactly which models would be in the off stock offering, but as I understand it, it would be possible to order any Suzuki model.

Likely, but not confirmed, the line-up would be DRZ400SM, Suzuki Gladius 650, Suzuki GSX-R600 (or R1000, or both) and the Hayabusa. Probably also a few Cruisers, but with free drinks and lots of shiny two-wheel devils, I had not much interest in Cruisers....

For the styling of the Suzuki Gladius and the Kawasaki ER6N, when looked from the side you hardly see the difference....

Hey Richard,

Did you write that article? It certainly looks like your unique spell check free writing style :)

If so you may want to revise that sentence where you say, "The final similarly is that both of these bikes are affordable priced.".

The Kawasaki ER6n retails for 225,000 Baht in Thailand while Suzuki announced at the Bangkok Motor Show that the Gladius will sell for 450,000 Thai Baht...

How Suzuki expects to sell any Gladius in Thailand is a mystery to me...

Wonder how they come up with their prices...

Hayabusa 1340 800.000 Baht.

GSX-R 750 700.000 Baht.

Bandit SA 1250 670.000 Baht. ( Bikini Fairing )

Bandit 1250 650.000 Baht. ( Naked Bike )

SV 650 SA 480.000 Baht. ( Bikini Fairing )

Gladius 650 450.000 Baht. ( Naked Bike )

Burgman 650 550.000 Baht ( Huge Scooter )

Intruder M800 500.000 Baht. ( Cruiser )

Suzuki is asking 700,000 Baht for the GSX-R 750 while Kawasaki is importing the Ninja ZX10R for 650,000 Baht... Strange, no?

Not sure how the Gladius performs, but man what a hideous bike!

suzuki_gladius_2009_01.jpg

Fugly exhaust, gay colors, and CHROME MIRRORS?!?!

loco.gif

What are they thinking?!

Good luck with that one Suzuki!

Hope they'll re-think their pricing and import the GSXR's at prices that are competitive with the Kawasaki Ninja ZX10R.

Ride On!

Tony

just for those reasons i bet thai Suzuki will have a waiting list for them lol

Currently it is not clear exactly which models would be in the off stock offering, but as I understand it, it would be possible to order any Suzuki model.

Likely, but not confirmed, the line-up would be DRZ400SM, Suzuki Gladius 650, Suzuki GSX-R600 (or R1000, or both) and the Hayabusa. Probably also a few Cruisers, but with free drinks and lots of shiny two-wheel devils, I had not much interest in Cruisers....

For the styling of the Suzuki Gladius and the Kawasaki ER6N, when looked from the side you hardly see the difference....

Hey Richard,

Did you write that article? It certainly looks like your unique spell check free writing style :D

If so you may want to revise that sentence where you say, "The final similarly is that both of these bikes are affordable priced.".

The Kawasaki ER6n retails for 225,000 Baht in Thailand while Suzuki announced at the Bangkok Motor Show that the Gladius will sell for 450,000 Thai Baht...

GSX-R 750 700.000 Baht.

Suzuki is asking 700,000 Baht for the GSX-R 750 while Kawasaki is importing the Ninja ZX10R for 650,000 Baht... Strange, no?

loco.gif

What are they thinking?!

Hope they'll re-think their pricing and import the GSXR's at prices that are competitive with the Kawasaki Ninja ZX10R.

Ride On!

Tony

Just a quick word ..............

The 'Globulous' is.......the ER6n's ugly inbred half sister.

On a brighter note...... I had a K7 GSXR 750......It was by far the best bike I have owned. Previous, GSXR 600 / GSXR 1000 / R1 / R6 / BMW 1150GS / CBR 1000 / ZZR 1200 / ..............and some other older bits of scruff! :D

By far the best!

Just my opinion however, 750 engine wedged into the 600 frame is a perfect combination and was called in many press cuts....... 'the thinking mans sportsbike'

Others stated that no sportsbike owners are capable of thinking !

:D

:) Ive forgotten what I was talking about!! :D:D

Hey Richard,

Did you write that article? It certainly looks like your unique spell check free writing style :D

GSX-R 750 700.000 Baht.

loco.gif

What are they thinking?!

Ride On!

Tony

On a brighter note...... I had a K7 GSXR 750......It was by far the best bike I have owned. Previous, GSXR 600 / GSXR 1000 / R1 / R6 / BMW 1150GS / CBR 1000 / ZZR 1200 / ..............and some other older bits of scruff! :D

By far the best!

Just my opinion however, 750 engine wedged into the 600 frame is a perfect combination and was called in many press cuts....... 'the thinking mans sportsbike'

Ya! Then Kawasaki stuck a litre engine in a 600 size frame in 04.

The ultimate combo.

The GXSR 750 best in what enviroment?

Shall I list out all my bikes??

Where is Neverdie & his Desmo?

Hey Richard,

GSX-R 750 700.000 Baht.

loco.gif

What are they thinking?!

Ride On!

Tony

By far the best!

The ultimate combo.

:D Ha Ha Ha ......... yeah looks a little <deleted> like now I read it back however, just wanted to offer an opinion as a time served rider.... anyway..... for me the 750 was a beautiful combination.

Desmo...... hmmm I was close enough to lick one once..... the owner was not impressed! :D

Hey Richard,

GSX-R 750 700.000 Baht.

loco.gif

What are they thinking?!

Ride On!

Tony

By far the best!

The ultimate combo.

You mean neverdie and his carboard cut out desmo :D .

I've never been too excited about the 750cc class, well not since my first R1, anyway.

Are you trying to tell me I should be test riding a GSXR?

I am going back to Oz soon and I have started organising a few test rides, just for good measure I'm gonna buy myself an Australian bike. :D