Who Do You Support To Lead Thailand?

LawnGnome

Who should be leading Thailand?  

149 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Polls been open for 30 minutes, and Abhisit has a commanding 8-0 lead. Who will be the first to break the cycle - will it be "King Maker" Sanoh? Or "Im the proud father of two psychopaths" Charlerm? Stay tuned for the gripping drama as it unfolds.

I see mc2 is here, looks like we're about to get our first vote for "Lucky Lady" Yingluck! :)

well i already voted, no i didnt vote her

(best of a bad bunch IMO)

Edited by mc2

Just to point out, banned polictians and people convicted of a crime are not allowed to serve as MP's, so are not allowed to hold the post of PM. That is the reason for missing such great contenders as Thaksin "Beam me up" Shinawatra, Somchai and Samak "The Siamese Twins", Newin "Are you talking to me?", Yongyuth "The Refrigerator Man" etc, etc, etc,

Thanks for voting mc2!

These choices should be more appropriate for the Expat poll:

Mr. Obama

Mr. Putin

Mr. Brown

etc.

Why am I reminded of the Thai song that was popular a few years ago, referring to a former pm,

with the line, khun samong i kwai.

These choices should be more appropriate for the Expat poll: Mr. Obama Mr. Putin Mr. Brown etc.
Why am I reminded of the Thai song that was popular a few years ago, referring to a former pm, with the line, khun samong i kwai.

HAHA a Thai like me can't help thinking of foreign politicians as well. I should start a topic in Thai web board: "Who do you support to lead GB in late 30s crisis Halifax, Baldwin or Churchill?" and collect meaningful opinion there.

Leading by a ridiculously large margin is PM Abhisit. Seems like the red shirts like to shout at the moon, but they don't like to vote much. I guess Thaksin didn't spread enough purple bills around for this particular election. To busy planning his beam in.

Edited by LawnGnome

I see mc2 is here, looks like we're about to get our first vote for "Lucky Lady" Yingluck! :D

well i already voted, no i didnt vote her

(best of a bad bunch IMO)

In fairness, there isn't a lot to chose from, even if you included the banned ones. Where is ชูวิทย์ กมลวิศิษฎ์ ? :)

This is not a relevant poll as the only real democratically elected leader as well as the overwhelming Thai peoples choice is not listed here.

The thread does actually state at the beginning that it does not include those that are banned or are fugitives.

This is not a relevant poll as the only real democratically elected leader as well as the overwhelming Thai peoples choice is not listed here.

Well, im sure he'll be over to give your your cut later, lol. Maybe he'll 'beam" in, lol

Well, the polls have been open for about 4 hours now, and it looks like Abhisit is totally destroying the competition. I made this poll because, in effect, I believe that the whole tired "red shirt yellow shirt" debate completely missing the central point that is most important to all of us, Thai and Farang alike. From where Thailand is at this point, who is best equiped to lead Thailand to a better place, in the future. As you can see, the alternatives are pretty dismal, but Abhisit has shown marked resilience over the past 8 months, and I would say he is growing into the position. You can see him show leadership in many ways, some I agree with, some I don't, but it is nice to have a PM who we know is trying his best for the country, and not for his family, his cronies, and his own wallet.

Well, the polls have been open for about 4 hours now, and it looks like Abhisit is totally destroying the competition. I made this poll because, in effect, I believe that the whole tired "red shirt yellow shirt" debate completely missing the central point that is most important to all of us, Thai and Farang alike. From where Thailand is at this point, who is best equiped to lead Thailand to a better place, in the future. As you can see, the alternatives are pretty dismal, but Abhisit has shown marked resilience over the past 8 months, and I would say he is growing into the position. You can see him show leadership in many ways, some I agree with, some I don't, but it is nice to have a PM who we know is trying his best for the country, and not for his family, his cronies, and his own wallet.

You seem quite passionate about this subject. Why does it matter to you who rules Thailand at the end of the day?

You are not Thai! This is not your country!

This poll is exactly the same as a bunch of Thai tourist in England voting on who should rule Britain.

It's completely irellevant! :)

Of course I'm not Thai, but as a permanent resident here, I have a vested interest in the future of the country. I could ask why you feel so passionately as well, considering you don't even live here. But then again, I don't really care lol.

The moment Thaksin is not a convicted fugitive from justice, I would be happy to put him back on the list. Until then he stays where he belongs, somewhere else...

Of course I'm not Thai, but as a permanent resident here, I have a vested interest in the future of the country. I could ask why you feel so passionately as well, considering you don't even live here. But then again, I don't really care lol.

The moment Thaksin is not a convicted fugitive from justice, I would be happy to put him back on the list. Until then he stays where he belongs, somewhere else...

Of course you do. :)

The funny thing is, the only refrain I get from Thaksinista's, when I post this question, is the same over and over. Thaksin would whup his ass, etc. Wishful thinking. How about some pragmatic opinions for a change. Who can beat Abhisit now? Puea Thai has no one to run against him, that can win. I can hear the recycled question regurgitating now, so let me add it. Then why not hold elections now? Because the problems in the consitution (which all sides agree are present, and all sides are trying to correct), haven't been finished yet. When they are, I am sure you will see a new election, and I think the result will be pretty close to what you are seeing above. Just my 2 baht.

You seem quite passionate about this subject. Why does it matter to you who rules Thailand at the end of the day?

You are not Thai! This is not your country!

This poll is exactly the same as a bunch of Thai tourist in England voting on who should rule Britain.

It's completely irellevant! :)

:D

Is it irrelevant if you have invested in property, have a Thai wife and children and are living, working and paying taxes here? Whilst people may not have a vote, they certainly can have a discussion about it. In the end we all know that we have no say in it, but it shouldn't stop us discussing it.

The funny thing is, the only refrain I get from Thaksinista's, when I post this question, is the same over and over. Thaksin would whup his ass, etc. Wishful thinking. How about some pragmatic opinions for a change. Who can beat Abhisit now? Puea Thai has no one to run against him, that can win. I can hear the recycled question regurgitating now, so let me add it. Then why not hold elections now? Because the problems in the consitution (which all sides agree are present, and all sides are trying to correct), haven't been finished yet. When they are, I am sure you will see a new election, and I think the result will be pretty close to what you are seeing above. Just my 2 baht.

Oh yes, your poster boy Abhisit is a winner all right.

"Thai Prime Minister Abhisit Vejjajiva Thursday downplayed a suggestion from US Secretary of States Hillary Clinton that Burma should be kick out of Asean because of its poor human rights record.

Abhisit said an isolated Burma would not help the reconciliation and democratisation process in the military-run state.""

We can't have that can we Abhisit, all the corruption money from Burma will dry up! :)

Edited by Livinginexile

The funny thing is, the only refrain I get from Thaksinista's, when I post this question, is the same over and over. Thaksin would whup his ass, etc. Wishful thinking.

You seem to be just as guilty of wishful thinking as anyone else. You know what they say about opinions! :)

The funny thing is, the only refrain I get from Thaksinista's, when I post this question, is the same over and over. Thaksin would whup his ass, etc. Wishful thinking.

You seem to be just as guilty of wishful thinking as anyone else. You know what they say about opinions! :)

Yet again, another dodge.

I wonder what would happen if he get ordained as a monk on

his home turf and keeps on rattling the planks?

He won't give up too soon and especially not if he sees that his

opponents can solidify their position!

If Elections are called - see what happens - the players wlil be out in droves!

They are kept merely at bay right now.... the money involved, his huge ego, those

of his clan - think it takes some tough action before he and his entourage keep their

heads low!

Serious... i don't see this company of tricksters who made a killing in a few years,

nearly got it all their way why should they just give in?

:)