Teak Logs/planks

Anyone know where to get teak logs or planks from.

These are for the outside of a bungalow, as in weatherboards etc.

Prefer the sawn planks, top edge is straight, bottom edge is the natural outline of the log.

Half logs also interested in if cannot find the planks i want in particular.

Cheers.

Anyone know where to get teak logs or planks from.

These are for the outside of a bungalow, as in weatherboards etc.

Prefer the sawn planks, top edge is straight, bottom edge is the natural outline of the log.

Half logs also interested in if cannot find the planks i want in particular.

Cheers.

There's loads of teak in the Chiang Mai area, mostly reclaimed. The area of Ban Tawai is a good start. Where are you in the Kingdom?

Not seen it outside of North Thailand but not really been looking.

regards bojo

You can buy them in just about any of the villages in the North and Central Thailand, just take a drive off the beaten track and head into the small villages, loads around Sukhothai where Mrs CM comes from.

Trying to buy at the right price might be a problem since the locals will want top dollar plus from a farang hence you need a savvy and friendly Thai to accompany you. We looked at buying a couple of old Thai village houses just for the wood where a single house with hand sawn planks was around 300k Baht.

Problem is that whilst you can buy the stuff easily enough you cannot transport it more than a few kilo's without a certificate of origin (which none of the villagers have) or without paying the police a rather large sum.

Easy to find, but very hard to transport due to province border check points. Lots of docs required. Supposed to come from plantations.

Now all teak wood logs available came from myanmar in thailand have only teak from plantation but is not ready for cut.

so if you are interesting to bay a logs of teak wood in big or small diameter i can sale to you.

we have a stock of this material in myanmar

Looking for plantation logs for planks, they are for sale here where we are in Pak Chong, but not available now and not quite the type I want. CM and CR to far away and ban taway way to expensive.

All the second hand wood shops move there wood about from place to place, so must be able to be done with relative ease for old wood.

Understand the requirements for new wood and agree with it.

I have a photo of the type of planks I am looking for, will post later.

But they are cut from new plantation timber around 20/30yo and roughly 15cm wide with flat top edge and natural log shape on the bottom side.

I am after the planks mainly, but will buy logs and cut my own if I have to.

• 1 month later...
Easy to find, but very hard to transport due to province border check points. Lots of docs required. Supposed to come from plantations.

Now all teak wood logs available came from myanmar in thailand have only teak from plantation but is not ready for cut.

so if you are interesting to bay a logs of teak wood in big or small diameter i can sale to you.

we have a stock of this material in myanmar

Do you still have any? I am interested!

• 7 months later...
You can buy them in just about any of the villages in the North and Central Thailand, just take a drive off the beaten track and head into the small villages, loads around Sukhothai where Mrs CM comes from.

Trying to buy at the right price might be a problem since the locals will want top dollar plus from a farang hence you need a savvy and friendly Thai to accompany you. We looked at buying a couple of old Thai village houses just for the wood where a single house with hand sawn planks was around 300k Baht.

Problem is that whilst you can buy the stuff easily enough you cannot transport it more than a few kilo's without a certificate of origin (which none of the villagers have) or without paying the police a rather large sum.

I just build a small meditation house for dad near Bkk, the wood is from old houses. When finished I must carry the house in parts with a little truck to a temple in Udon-Thani.

What can I do to get a certification of Origin?

Can my wood-dealer here get it?

Tank you

• 2 weeks later...