Nana Disco To Close Its Doors On Friday

george

I feel exactly as George does, as soon as they implemented a door charge I never went back and I'm glad to see it shutting down. Threatened to kill you? What a putz.

Did Thai Elite card holders get free entry? :)

we have just been offered it in compensation!

I have very fond memories of the Grace and Thermae back in the early 80"s, Nana Disco tried to take that trade away, and was reasonably sucessful in the mid late 90's, but when they introduced the entry charge, it just wasnt gonna work, not with the huge amount of street girls floding sukumvit in the 90's (something that you didnt see in the 80's). I think this was just another case of Thai management thinking the good times were gonna last forever no matter how anti-falang the whole scene became

I have very fond memories of the Grace and Thermae back in the early 80"s, Nana Disco tried to take that trade away, and was reasonably sucessful in the mid late 90's, but when they introduced the entry charge, it just wasnt gonna work, not with the huge amount of street girls floding sukumvit in the 90's (something that you didnt see in the 80's). I think this was just another case of Thai management thinking the good times were gonna last forever no matter how anti-falang the whole scene became

I believe the owner was American actually.

I believe the owner was American actually.

Unless there are locals named Ri_k?

but when they introduced the entry charge, it just wasnt gonna work, not with the huge amount of street girls floding sukumvit in the 90's (something that you didnt see in the 80's). I think this was just another case of Thai management thinking the good times were gonna last forever no matter how anti-falang the whole scene became.

what is the "whole scene" that became "anti-falang"?

they charge more for a beer in the bars than in the 80's and they don't sell it at the 7/11 after midnight anymore? is it that?

Another fire trap gone,

But more importantly is the fate of the corner niche "Love Lounge" bar, or to that effect.

(near the elevators),

Nothing says romance like smashed cock roaches on the bar wall that never get cleaned.

But the outside Golden, the hotel's perennial cash cow and premiere people watching venue will never go away by sheer virtue of, Location, Location, Location. :)

Yes, love watching the world go by in Golden Bar.

The bosses always looked a little too "Sicilian" for my taste, if you get my drift?

Do they EVER smile? :D

Stick was right. Once the cover charge was instituted at Angels Disco, it's fate was sealed.

~WISteve