From B Multi To O Multi Now I'm Married

Hi,

I have a Category "B" Multiple entry visa which ended 30th May 2009, (this is my first Visa for Thailand)

I got my last visa stamp on 28th May from Cambodia which ends on the 25 August. my partner is Thai and we got married in Feb this year.

I am planning to get a non-Immigrant "O" multiple entry visa during August, I don't want to return to the UK for the visa,

I've looked on the site, but seem to find conflicting information on the best place to apply for this visa in the region,

where is the best place in the region to go for this "O" multiple entry visa? and do people recommend using an agent?

I am not new to applying for Visa's in general, I have applied for plenty in the past but not for Thailand.

I have (is this all I need) ?

My passport,

2 x photos,

copies of

marrage certificate,

Spouses ID

rental agreement for the house (in joint names)

I do not have a bank account or any money in my name in Thailand, so if I understand

correctly I will still have to do a border run every 3 months until I do move money into an

account in Thailand in my name, is this correct?

Thanks in advance for any information / help with this.

Have heard form colleagues that KL is good for Multi Entry.

What is your nationality? If you have a job of some kind why not get the employer to write a letter confirming your salary, take this to the Embassy and get certified, this is all you need on the money front in Thailand for an extension (as you extend the current visa with a change of category), make sure the salary is over 40,000baht.

Also remember if you do the extension in Thailand then use the local immigration.

You can only get an extension of stay based on your mariage to a Thai national if you can show an income of 40,000 baht a month (can be from abroad) OR show a bankaccount in Thailand, in your name, with a minimum of 400,000 baht. Money must be there for a minimum of 2 months.

On your current permission to stay you can get a 60 day extension for 1,900 baht on show of your marriage certificate.

Best place for a multiple non-O is Kuala Lumpur, but you will also need to show a bankbook with some money in it. Somewhere between 20,000 and 100,000.

Other option is Australia.

My passport,

2 x photos,

copies of

marrage certificate,

Spouses ID

rental agreement for the house (in joint names)

Rental agreement not needed but you'll need a copy of your spouses housebook.

When you use the word spouse, can you tell us if you are male or female.

Other rules for ladies marring a Thai male.

Edited by PoorSucker

Thanks for the replies, I'm a UK national, my wife's home book is in her mothers address

do I need a copy of that if we live at a different address?

<Lite Beer>

I think that they will want to see a Thai Bank book with something in it.

</Lite Beer>

I don't currently have any emplyment...

If I open a Thai bank account and put 400K baht in now will that be enough proof just to get the "O" visa,

and still do the border runs every 3 months?

Thanks

Yes. They only expect to see a few thousand - and have issued with no accounts. If you can put the 400k into a bank account now all you would need is a one entry visa and then extend your stay (if you can keep the money in account 2 or 3 months). If not for sure it will suffice for the multi entry visa.

The house register just needs your wife's name on it - does not have to be where you live - it confirms the ID card. It is not always asked for but good to have. As is a note from wife asking for visa to be issued with current date.

You do not need employment to open a bank account.

If you have 400,000 Baht you will be entitled to a 12 month extension from Immigration, meaning that you will not have to do border runs every 90 days.

Before your current stay ends apply for a 60 day extension to visit your Wife. This will allow your money in the bank time to mature. Then apply for the 12 month extension at Immigration. 1,900 Baht fee for extensions.