Missing American In Thailand

george

I agree with you neverdie. His parents have some big money to have caused such a stir, and if he ever comes back to Thailand, there might be some TV readers looking for him to beat his a** for causing so many people to worry about him (and sending a cold shiver through my body).

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Sorry for agreeing. Maybe I will edit my post and disagree after all... sorry to cause you any aggravation :)

I know you like a nice heated conversation sometimes.

P.S. Do you know how many times I have recited the oath you have in your profile? Came from 10 years of scouting.

Maybe the missing man we are talking about could use some good scouting, especially the part about "morally straight."

Peace.

Edited by rideswings

Dear Forum members & moderators,

All I can add is that Michael has left Thailand safely, is continuing to travel alone and of his own free will, and that we are continuing to track him in an attempt to persuede him to contact his family.

Thank you again to all who offered advice and assistance.

Simon P. Wagstaff BEM

Chairman & CEO

Thank you for the info; at least something.

However, reading your message I can't escape from the thoughts that his parents caused the uproar...not him.

Nice, if you're 29 and your parents cause a kind of manhunt for you :)

Poor kid.

LaoPo

Well hopefully the tw @ t will eventually see his own dorky picture spread accross the internet etc and feel embarrased about it. If he ever comes to Thailand again there will be hundreds of Thai Visa reading looking out for him & having a laugh at his expense...poor simple dork! :D:)

Perhaps the most pathetic thing I have ever read on these forums. From what i have read, the young lad has yet to mention a thing about this matter - who are you to call him a <deleted> and a dork?

Edited by ThaiEye

The OP has expressed his thank's and pointed out that the guy is alive and well - and has left Thailand.

Is it really any of our business what the circumstances are or why he has chosen to do what he has. The concern was that he had not come to harm - and not withstanding anyones reason for taking an interest in his dissapearance, Michael is no more obliged to offer an explination than we are obliged to explain to others our decisions.

Lets just wish him well and leave it that.

Agree Maizefarmer. What ever the situation he is a very lucky man to have family who care so much to make such a fuss.

And rideswings, everyone is allowed one post agreeing with neverdie but anymore than that & mods will be forced to place you under mod preview cause you are clearly not right in the heed :)

It is wonderful news that the young man is okay and still traveling. What he learns now will stand him in good faith for the rest of his journey through life. That he has a caring family, that may or may not be over protective, is also a blessing. Having parental support is a good thing providing it doesn't become suffocating.

One of the great things about Thailand is you HAVE to make it on your own without the support of a social network. The country forces you to grow in confidence and get stronger, and that helps prevent failure at many things later in life. It is a little like the old wild west in North America where you had to survive on your own. The only rule is there are no rules.

Agree Maizefarmer. What ever the situation he is a very lucky man to have family who care so much to make such a fuss.

And rideswings, everyone is allowed one post agreeing with neverdie but anymore than that & mods will be forced to place you under mod preview cause you are clearly not right in the heed :D

dam_n, well I was going to agree with good old Neverdie as well. :)

Ok, for the record, I completely disagree with anything neverdie has ever said n his 3600+ posts. His opinions are completely arbitrary and contrary to most norms, his conversations are inane, and his perspectives, if anything longer than a few words, amount to ineffectual drivel. Does that get me some bonus points with the powers-that-be n TV?

(personally, he is a great guy but dont tell anyone. i would not want t ruin his reputation)

Great news that he has been found.

Obviously it's early days yet, however, I'm sure that TV members would like (if privacy is not the issue) and if possible, to hear a little as to what happened since many we're genuinely concerned and some even with genuine offers of help.

If some news could filter through, that would be great and I'm sure that would spur even more members to help in any future missing persons case.

Regards Bojo

Dear Bojo & forum members,

My apologies for being very vague on the information, but we have a confidentiality and non-disclosure agreement with the family and subsequently at this time we cannot divulge any further information aside from Michael has now left the Kingdom of Thailand.

I would like to express our sincere gratitude to Thai Visa all forum members for all the input and assistance.

Best regards

Scott

ASA Group

This is the issue I wanted to point out!

So he is not really at home yet, and he has left for another country, I hope the family can trace him and help him home safely.

And maybe they can sort out their domestic communication problems!

MC

They'll have to do it elsewhere. ThaiVisa isn't into missing person investigations.