Thai Addresses

Kremlin

a road has soi's and they have Moo baans.

The numbering system is completely wacked as they assigned new numbers to each new building not to plots side by side in the street. So most of the time they are mixed up all over the place.

129/55 is probably house nr 55 in the moo nr 129

i could be wrong in this , maybe some other members can explain further.

Sois off of a main road are normally assigned in consecutive order with odd on one side and even on the other - as new sois are made they get 53/1, 53/2 etc until a major re numbering takes place (not usually in our lifetime).

House numbers are more complex as they start with the land plot number as registered at the land office in a first in/first out system. So it is land plot number 129, house number 2, on Soi 2. As said the house next door may or may not have been on the same land plot so if not the first numbers will be different and the house number will refer to that land plot. That is why landmarks are so important here to guide people.

Greetings,

Could someone explain/translate the Thai's street addressing system.  For example, I guess Sukhumvit Rd is like a Main St, what about the Moo's and Soi's?

Also why do some addresses have /'s like 129/55 Soi 2.

The 129/55 will most likeliy be apartment 129 building 55 on soi2

thats how my address is written

Thanks for the responses.

So in Patttaya, I think its Soi 13 that has a Soi 13/1 -13/3, which were later changed to Pattayaland 1-3. But the Penthouse hotel has a Beach Road number also, and its closer to Second Rd. So I guess Beach Rd came first, then 2nd rd and Soi 13/2 came sometime after (and Penthouse is 10 Moo's from Beach Rd?). I guess landmarks are definitely the way to go-go then.

PENTHOUSE HOTEL

Soi Phatthayaland 2, Beach Road 325/61 Moo 10