Ho Chi Min

a quick report, I flew to Ho Chi Min on Sunday afternoon, 5160 return with Air France, taxi to hotel 80,000 Dong, hotel was 30 USD a night for two nights.

I arrived at the embassy at 8.20 am (opening time 8.30) expecting the usual queues etc, to find I was ushered straight in to a very clean office, I was the only person there apart from the smiling woman behind the counter who checked my paperwork, paid her the 65 USD and went about my merry way before the clock even struck 8.30. The following day I turned up at 1.30 pm to find my passport ready and handed over by the same smiling woman. My flight back was at 7.50 pm landing back in Bangkok around 9pm.

To say this was an easy pleasant experience would be an understatement, even the traffic flowed despite there obviously being less regulations than Bangkok but the loud tooting of the horn every 5 seconds as they hurtle through a junction oblivious to everything around them seemed to work.

The one drawback was I needed to get entry visa from the Vietnam embassy on Wireless Road which took a few days, but even that place had the smallest of queues so was no real hassle.

recommended :)

a quick report, I flew to Ho Chi Min on Sunday afternoon, 5160 return with Air France, taxi to hotel 80,000 Dong, hotel was 30 USD a night for two nights.

I arrived at the embassy at 8.20 am (opening time 8.30) expecting the usual queues etc, to find I was ushered straight in to a very clean office, I was the only person there apart from the smiling woman behind the counter who checked my paperwork, paid her the 65 USD and went about my merry way before the clock even struck 8.30. The following day I turned up at 1.30 pm to find my passport ready and handed over by the same smiling woman. My flight back was at 7.50 pm landing back in Bangkok around 9pm.

To say this was an easy pleasant experience would be an understatement, even the traffic flowed despite there obviously being less regulations than Bangkok but the loud tooting of the horn every 5 seconds as they hurtle through a junction oblivious to everything around them seemed to work.

The one drawback was I needed to get entry visa from the Vietnam embassy on Wireless Road which took a few days, but even that place had the smallest of queues so was no real hassle.

recommended :D

:D similar experiences I made with the Thai Embassy in Ha Noi. Hotel for 20 USD named 2 but give as 3 star and flight with AirAsia also cheaper and even if early booking you can get roundtrip fm time to time for 1860 THB all inkl. I think because in both Embassy no long line = no stress = friendly crew :)

Beside the e-visa you can get via good Internet pages are cheaper and safe, no need visit Wireless Road and wait few days.