Went To 7-11

Lancelot

I went in to my local 7-11, bought a beer, and saw the attached pic hanging over the meat/dairy cooler while waiting for my hot sandwich order...

I was laughing so hard that the counter staff was looking at me and whispering "farang baa" but it was worth it. There are some cute girls there but maybe asking for some "Warm Sausage Service" might be a little too much up close and personal...

Ya gotta love this place :)

post-2362-1248942893_thumb.jpg

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I went in to my local 7-11, bought a beer, and saw the attached pic hanging over the meat/dairy cooler while waiting for my hot sandwich order...

I was laughing so hard that the counter staff was looking at me and whispering "farang baa" but it was worth it. There are some cute girls there but maybe asking for some "Warm Sausage Service" might be a little too much up close and personal...

at least they got the spelling correct.

Ya gotta love this place :D

:):D:D

I agree, many of the young gals in the 7-11 are cute, and that sign IS funny. Thanks for showing it.

I've seen some very odd instructions written obviously for farangs and I always get a chuckle.

What's really funny (or pathetic) is that you joined this forum over 6 years ago in 2003 and are still unable to read the very simple sentence in Thai script that says (to paraphrase) "If you buy a sausage (sai grog) they will warm it up for you". They should be laughing at you not vice versa.

Edited by Groongthep

What's really funny (or pathetic) is that you joined this forum over 6 years ago in 2003 and are still unable to read the very simple sentence in Thai script that says (to paraphrase) "If you buy a sausage (sai grog) they will warm it up for you". They should be laughing at you not vice versa.

Here it goes again ...

Ya gotta love this place :D

Actually, the sign in English is much funnier! :)

Cool, I'm happy to give any one a smile or laugh.

However we were talking about the english translation of a Thai sentence. I won't even get into the discussion that westerners have been customers for more than six years in Thailand :)

Lets just say you have superior knowledge about all things Thai and your opinion is the only one that counts.

Rock on dude and have a great life; you might even loosen up a bit and just enjoy everyday humor once in a while :D

Clever marketing I'd say, nice to see a bilingual sign.

Thai businesses take note. Foreigners have money to spend, we just don't know what you're offering.

Regards Bojo

Ahh...mysteries abound!! :)

Cool, I'm happy to give any one a smile or laugh.

However we were talking about the english translation of a Thai sentence. I won't even get into the discussion that westerners have been customers for more than six years in Thailand :D

Lets just say you have superior knowledge about all things Thai and your opinion is the only one that counts.

Rock on dude and have a great life; you might even loosen up a bit and just enjoy everyday humor once in a while :D

Here here :)

This was not my point and you know it. You were openly mocking the English translation of this sign most likely done by a youthful 7-11 employee who was probably 10 years old when you first joined this forum.

I assume you came to Thailand and remain here by your own free will. The kid translating the sign was doing it for your benefit and the benefit of other foreigners, but you choose to laugh at his/her efforts. Perhaps you'd prefer they go back to posting no English signs at all.

Rock on dude and enjoy your life. Ingorance and laziness are bliss.

The lack of Thai literacy amongst many Farang usually comes back to embarrass.

My god... คนโง่ :)

3257243689_04d8c18b64.jpg

Groongthep you may be able to read Thai and English (well done top marks to you).

But you appear to have a problem understanding it.

I think its clear to all you have taken the OP,s comments in compleaty the wrong way.(maybe need to work on your comprehension skills) :)

Hope he never watches The Daily Show. He will go nuts!

Great pic, OP. Made me laugh.

I have seen the Daley Show many times. It's quite funny. But what in the world does it have to do with someone who has lived here for years, cannot read the simplest sentence in Thai and berates someone who makes an honest attempt at translating it for their benefit?

Maybe I'm missing something here but humor relating to a statement about a sausage warming service might have a group of 7 years olds laughing but it just didn't quite strike me as prime time comedic material.

Groongthep you may be able to read Thai and English (well done top marks to you).

But you appear to have a problem understanding it.

I think its clear to all you have taken the OP,s comments in compleaty the wrong way.(maybe need to work on your comprehension skills) :)

Perhaps you're right. I must admit that I have no comprehension whatsoever of what the Bran Flakes post is about.