Went To 7-11

Lancelot

Groongthep you may be able to read Thai and English (well done top marks to you).

But you appear to have a problem understanding it.

I think its clear to all you have taken the OP,s comments in compleaty the wrong way.(maybe need to work on your comprehension skills) :)

Perhaps you're right. I must admit that I have no comprehension whatsoever of what the Bran Flakes post is about.

Metaphore, Mate!! Appearances seem to be new and improved but in reality - same old s**t!! :D

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

What's really funny (or pathetic) is that you joined this forum over 6 years ago in 2003 and are still unable to read the very simple sentence in Thai script that says (to paraphrase) "If you buy a sausage (sai grog) they will warm it up for you". They should be laughing at you not vice versa.

Even "paraphrasing" the sentence, there is no mention of "if you buy" or even "buy" Sausage warming service would be much closer. As it is, the OP provided us with some humerous relief from pathetic posts such as yours :)

What's really funny (or pathetic) is that you joined this forum over 6 years ago in 2003 and are still unable to read the very simple sentence in Thai script that says (to paraphrase) "If you buy a sausage (sai grog) they will warm it up for you". They should be laughing at you not vice versa.

Even "paraphrasing" the sentence, there is no mention of "if you buy" or even "buy" Sausage warming service would be much closer. As it is, the OP provided us with some humerous relief from pathetic posts such as yours :D

You're right, to paraphrase "If you buy a sausage (sai grog) they will warm it up for you" and "Sausage warming service" aren't even vaguely similar. :)

Sorry to ruin your guffaws with my pathetic post. Perhaps you could go berate some kids at the local 7-11, maybe that will cheer you up.

Here it goes again ...

Considering that you think it's appropriate for you to be a rabid anti-Thaksinista, Jingthing, why wince when someone suggests that it's appropriate for a long-term resident to learn to speak and read Thai? :)

Edited by bobbin

Oh forgive me! Now I get it! "Sausage with Warm Service..." That's absolutely hilarious! :)

Since many of you appear to be rather dim witted, let me clue you in. This is called sarcasm.

This thread is fast becoming amusing. I'm s**tting myself!! :D

This thread is just more proof that people will take offence at anything, including the most bland attempt at humour, or anything in the slightest bit debatable.

Ah, let Khun G jump a bit and continue to lecture us on appropriate humor. With out trying, we've made his day and given him a cause "Politically Correct Humor on TV..." :D

Back on topic, from a marketing standpoint maybe the sign's unique word syntax wasn't such a bad thing. I would expect 7-11's sausage sales to increase dramatically. How could any one forego "Warm Service?" :)

Rock on dude and enjoy your life. Ingorance and laziness are bliss.

Are you for real? :D

At least he's not ingorant LOL. :)

Yeah, I guess if I were going to call someone ignorant I probably should have spelled it correctly. I give up.

Edited by Groongthep

Rock on dude and enjoy your life. Ingorance and laziness are bliss.

Are you for real? :D

At least he's not ingorant LOL. :)

Yeah, I guess if I were going to call someone ignorant I probably should have spelled it correctly. I give up.

Best to, as the hole you are digging is just gonna get deeper and deeper.

Regards Bojo

Thai sign says "Sai Krok prom borikarn uun" which was transliterated to Sausage with warm service. But we all know that some lines just cannot be transliterated... 555

To a Thai, this label could be funny.

Chris Hoy - Clit hoi

Hoy meaning the female genitalia.

3257243689_04d8c18b64.jpg

That's one heck of a "paraphrase"!

The English is a literal translation of the Thai sign "SaiGrok with service warm" .

It's not quite so funny if you can read the Thai and understand how the mistake was made - but it's still funny.

Patrick

I went in to my local 7-11, bought a beer, and saw the attached pic hanging over the meat/dairy cooler while waiting for my hot sandwich order...

I was laughing so hard that the counter staff was looking at me and whispering "farang baa" but it was worth it. There are some cute girls there but maybe asking for some "Warm Sausage Service" might be a little too much up close and personal...

Ya gotta love this place :D

The sign is funny i love flirting with the cute 7 -11 girls, i fancy some of their service...

The rest of the post is just pathetic someone who needs to fight a cause that is plainy just not there..... just go back to the UK and sign up as a new labour mp then you will be fine fighting unworthy causes against the wishes of the masses...

:)

Wow, kind of pathetic to see such a harmless post degenerate into such a pissing match. Take the OP's post at face value, it's a funny, and I don't think any harm was meant.

I think Groongthep might need some warm sausage service to cheer him up! Ooops, I just couldn't resist!

Wow, kind of pathetic to see such a harmless post degenerate into such a pissing match. Take the OP's post at face value, it's a funny, and I don't think any harm was meant.

I think Groongthep might need some warm sausage service to cheer him up! Ooops, I just couldn't resist!

Maybe 'Grumpit' has problems in the suasage department and the post hit a raw nerve.

The English sign was funny to anyone with a sense of humor and without a stick up their butt. :)

It certainly is funny to me. I don't care who wrote it. Just puts a bit of humor into one's day as far as i'm concerned. I don't think the OP was trying to mock or be vicious. it's just funny.

i think the bran flakes ad was a little too direct for the OP - OP you are so full of it you need help letting some of it go

this guy was born without humour in his soul and will die without it either

the sad thing is life is a joke

I went in to my local 7-11, bought a beer, and saw the attached pic hanging over the meat/dairy cooler while waiting for my hot sandwich order...

I was laughing so hard that the counter staff was looking at me and whispering "farang baa" but it was worth it. There are some cute girls there but maybe asking for some "Warm Sausage Service" might be a little too much up close and personal...

The pathetic thing is you. :)

The whole thread is a little bit of harmless fun that, you have tried to twist. You must be a great laugh when out and about.

Er, getting back to the subject....

While we're on the topic of strange signs, could someone please tell me what the heck this sign means at Suan Plu Immigration???

post-21740-1249027726_thumb.jpg

It's so asinine that an agency with the primary responsibility to communicate with foreigners wouldn't run their English signage by a native speaker before posting. Another evidence of the "I don't really care" attitude that pervades the Immigration Bureau here... (ok, ok, I've started another rant....).

Apparently. Sue is so popular in Bangkok, there are directional signs everywhere on the subway system to find her--with the blatant suggestion of what to do with her once she's found....

post-21740-1249028266.jpg

Another sign that certainly didn't get run through a native speaker!

The pathetic thing is you. :)

The whole thread is a little bit of harmless fun that, you have tried to twist. You must be a great laugh when out and about.

To his credit Groongthep just apologized in a pm so lets let him off the hook. Mrtoad, you had no way at knowing that and i'm not lashing out at you, just using your post as a reference. :D

Lance

Edited by Lancelot