Computer Glitch Or Scam?

Ive already posted this in the 'general section' but would like a Mod to close that and re-open it here if at all possible?

This mornining I received a what i would call 'standard' letter/invite in the post from Toyota Chonburi requesting me to bring in my Toyota Camry for it's 110,000 kms service currently still free of charge for 'good' customers'.

That's wonderful, the only problem is I don't own a Camry and it's highly unlikely that I will /want to.

After several calls to Toyota, they're still investigsting this serious matter.

Two things things sprind=g to my mind ......I.D Theft / Fraud or simple glitch in system.

What do you really think?

:)

And why would I be kidding Black Janiels Esq?

It came through in one of those tear away at the end things...clearly states 'Toyoya Express Maintenace'., car type ' Camry..chasssis numer my name in English...that's about it really.

Ive already posted this in the 'general section' but would like a Mod to close that and re-open it here if at all possible?

This mornining I received a what i would call 'standard' letter/invite in the post from Toyota Chonburi requesting me to bring in my Toyota Camry for it's 110,000 kms service currently still free of charge for 'good' customers'.

That's wonderful, the only problem is I don't own a Camry and it's highly unlikely that I will /want to.

After several calls to Toyota, they're still investigsting this serious matter.

Two things things sprind=g to my mind ......I.D Theft / Fraud or simple glitch in system.

What do you really think?

:)

Nissan and Mitsubishi sending such messages by email or SMS. I still receive it sometimes for my Nissan NV which was sold over 4 Years ago. Maybe there is only a error in Toyota's System (similar Name, wrong spelling), but I recommend to follow up until this issue is solved.

A database is like an errant speelchecker.

Bubba

As can be seen above. :)

My Friend (German) owns a classic Oldsmobile (similar as i have) 3 months ago he got mailed a Police ticket with a foto when he passed a redlight in Bangkok. The only thing: My frend never went to Bangkok, but it was exactly the same numberplate as my friend has on his Olds, but the car on the picture was a Fortuner, registered on my Friend's adress, but he never had a Fortuner.

My abortive attempt at innuendo. Normally we dont call people morons on a well mannered forum, but moroons instead.

The automobile service notices are clearly local data entry problems - get the BIB reg thingy sorted pronto though.

When they pull him over for a phony felony, its way too late.

Bubba

A database is like an errant speelchecker - spellcheaker