Any Experience With New Tt&t 10 Megs? Better Than Premium But Worse Than Indy For Me

ikebukuro5

In the span of a week I have tried these packages:

Indy 5 megs

international 2.5 to 4.2 megs

local Thailand 4.5 megs steady

Premium 2 megs

international 300 kbps to 1.7 megs

local Thailand 1.7 megs steady

10 Megs 3bb TT&T new package

international 1 to 3 megs

local thailand 8.5 megs

So the clear winner and best packate is Indy 5 megs.

Has anybody actually seen close to 10 megs international on this new package?

Mine is being installed this weekend, so will report then but its got to be better than TOT!

Anything is better than TOT, even sending a message in a bottle is faster!

Good luck about having them do it over the weekend...

Try it for a week or so and then I recommend you go to 5 mb Indy, you get about 3-4 megs international on average, the 10 meg package is about 1-3 never, ever going faster than that.

10 megs BB3 Goes good to bangok at 8.5 megs but who cares about that?

Indy 5megs goes 4.5 to bangkok but who cares about that either?

What matters is international speed and Indy 5 MB is King for that. Cheaper AND faster. What a Joke...

TIT

I am having my 3BB 10M installed this weekend as well, on Sunday.

I hope they show up. They have been calling every day this week and asked if they could come right away, but we declined.

So it wouldn't surprise me if they do a no show when they are supposed to come.

I don't care if I won't come close to 10 Megs, but I do hope it will be faster than my existing True 2Mb which is lousy.

In the span of a week I have tried these packages:

Indy 5 megs

international 2.5 to 4.2 megs

local Thailand 4.5 megs steady

Premium 2 megs

international 300 kbps to 1.7 megs

local Thailand 1.7 megs steady

10 Megs 3bb TT&T new package

international 1 to 3 megs

local thailand 8.5 megs

So the clear winner and best packate is Indy 5 megs.

Has anybody actually seen close to 10 megs international on this new package?

What's the cost for these packages? And what is the difference between Indy 3MB and Premium 3MB, I know Indy is 590 baht/month but the Premium 3MB is over 1,000. It's the same speed (3MB) so what is the difference? Their brochure is in Thai so I can't tell what the advantage of going "Premium" is. Is it worth double the cost?

10bb is actually not bad for international near Thailand though.. of course speed falls as distance increases

I got this setup about 1.5 weeks ago, general browsing feels faster than CAT 2/2mbps I had before. I'm only about 500 metres away from the DSLAM though.

When you get things from rapidshare with download managers, it caps the line so that's also quite nice :)

from today just now at 10.30 - 10.45 pm:

local

529512068.png

places near by

529506748.png

529506220.png

529507195.png

529511587.png

529507778.png

529508957.png

USA... (this is doing better than yesterday.. maybe people are out on Friday nights?)

529509509.png

529510201.png

529511079.png

Europe..

529512854.png

529513483.png

529514257.png

Australia..

529514969.png

I'll leave Africa out of this whole list for you :D

Problems I've felt with Maxnet after being with CAT for 3.5 years is that they don't have direct links to Europe.

That 8 megs and 5 megs is pretty impressive!

It's 11:30 now in Pattaya and I'm creeping towards 4 megs on my 10meg 3BB package. Was only about 3 megs all day.

I'll try again at 5 am and see what happens....

If I can get 8 megs from let's say 5 am to 10 am I'll be happy.

But for now my 5 meg Indy still revs faster until further notice....

529544100.png

• 1 month later...

Indy is a cheap package by TT&T Maxnet that is targettet towards Thais and Thailand-only browsing. A few people reports it works fine oveseas but most reports, including my own experience, is that most of the time it sucksl for overseas browsing. The alternative is Premier, where again some people report it is no good, but most, including my own experience, is that it works fine most of the time.

Briefly.

YMMW.

Indy is a cheap package by TT&T Maxnet that is targettet towards Thais and Thailand-only browsing. A few people reports it works fine oveseas but most reports, including my own experience, is that most of the time it sucksl for overseas browsing. The alternative is Premier, where again some people report it is no good, but most, including my own experience, is that it works fine most of the time.

Briefly.

YMMW.

From my own experience with TT&T Maxnet 2GB Premier near Chiangmai I second entirely.

From my own experience with TT&T Maxnet 2GB Premier near Chiangmai I second entirely.

you are obviously posting this from the future. far, far into the future. and i too have the TT&T 2Mb premier package. it's usually pretty decent and has been for over a year now. they are definitely throttling Youtube (even possibly video stream protocols) at night. meh.

I had with Maxnet also many packages. The worst of all was Premier and the best was Indy 5 Mbps. Premier did not make ANY difference for me for normal sites but a big one for downloads - it is slower than Indy. At Indy the download always worked at the rated speed. At Premier too - but the rated speed for the same money is much lower ;-) In addition to this I had endless load errors with Premier.

But let's face the facts. Maxnet is/was bankrupt. It was a great ISP at least for Thailand. Perhaps too good for the endless downloaders - do they even look at their endless downloads? The future will unfold within the next months. Hard to believe that it will be like before. Maxnet (TTT) should apply download limits within reasonable borders and ask for higher fees outside them. Then not everybody has to pay for the extreme downloaders. And I know some downloading all the movies 24 hours and never looking at them... We all pay for it.

I had with Maxnet also many packages. The worst of all was Premier and the best was Indy 5 Mbps. Premier did not make ANY difference for me for normal sites but a big one for downloads - it is slower than Indy. At Indy the download always worked at the rated speed. At Premier too - but the rated speed for the same money is much lower ;-) In addition to this I had endless load errors with Premier.

But let's face the facts. Maxnet is/was bankrupt. It was a great ISP at least for Thailand. Perhaps too good for the endless downloaders - do they even look at their endless downloads? The future will unfold within the next months. Hard to believe that it will be like before. Maxnet (TTT) should apply download limits within reasonable borders and ask for higher fees outside them. Then not everybody has to pay for the extreme downloaders. And I know some downloading all the movies 24 hours and never looking at them... We all pay for it.

i download the odd movie but it would be nice for when i do want to down one? the speed really goes down hill ? cant do shit thats what i call takin the piss... i'm more a online gaming person myself but even thats just as bad at time ? they given me a free up upgrade :) if this was england right now my internet would be flying

i wanna change my package but unsure what to go for this what i have now is shit and i can only go with TT&T because where i i'm :D

Edited by imafaranggetmeoutofhere

567338817.png

AIS GPRS, because my bloody phonelines (TT&T0 and internet (Maxnet) are completely dead for over 48 hours now.

And no news when they might get around to fixing it :)

And to be honest, it's not even half bad, perfectly usable for just surfing the web and e-mails...

Speed consistent internationally as well.

567340407.png

Monty, did you find out yet what happened? Did they steal your cables for the copper again?

Nope, not yet.

Mobi has exactly the same problem (lives round my corner), went to TT&T in person and got booted between TOT and TT&T with neither being able to help him!

tot goldcyber (2M) nonthaburi/muang today:

567383835.png

will finally upgrade to their top tier 12M (1500bt, but temporary 1000bt promotion?) today or tomorrow & see what happens if any?

actually performance not bad on average europe/asian sites being typical bottlenecks with USA not much better...!!! :)

567385834.png

europe:

567386356.png

usa:

567387113.png