3 Weeks To 8 Weeks Stay In Thai Is It Possible ?

Hi long time since I have been to Thai from the UK , so I wonder if anyone can let me know if this is possible and if so the best way to go about it. The wife and I plan to return early next year to begin the process of building a new bungalow on her land , mabe staying 3 weeks , later on we want to come back and stay for a longer period , mabe up to 2 months , is this possible or not ? obviously as a Thai national she will be ok but I wont. If its too much hassle I wont bother ,, her land is close to either Nong Khai or Nakhon Phanom areas for crossing to Laos if thats any use. Cheers

Hi long time since I have been to Thai from the UK , so I wonder if anyone can let me know if this is possible and if so the best way to go about it. The wife and I plan to return early next year to begin the process of building a new bungalow on her land , mabe staying 3 weeks , later on we want to come back and stay for a longer period , mabe up to 2 months , is this possible or not ? obviously as a Thai national she will be ok but I wont. If its too much hassle I wont bother ,, her land is close to either Nong Khai or Nakhon Phanom areas for crossing to Laos if thats any use. Cheers

May get a better response if this is moved to the visa section.

You won't have problem, you can get a "Tourist Visa" allowing an entry for 60 days, with a 30 day extension for 1900 Baht. Tourist visas are free, and easy to obtain a double entry. Also simple to obtain a Multi-entry Non-immigrant "O" Visa at Hull. That would be valid for a year, and that would allow stays of upto 90 days each entry.

Single and double entry Tourist Visas are also available in Vientiane, Laos.

Also, you can get a 30 day "Visa Exempt" entry if entering by air and 15 days if entering by land.

Edited by beechguy

You should obtain a a free tourist visa at any Thai Consulate or Embassy. Your wife should use her Thai passport for entry/exit to Thailand or will also require a visa. It should be very easy to obtain but wait until about 30 days prior to travel as they have a restricted entry period of 90 days (single entry). That will cover up to 60 days stay without any extension being required. You also qualify for non immigrant O visa issue from any Consulate but there is no need to pay for that if you are only staying short periods (and the tourist visa is free currently).

The first trip, if you are sure about only 3 weeks and have the return ticket, would not require any visa as you will get a 30 day visa exempt stamp on arrival.

:)

There are at least two ways to do it.

First you can go to Thailand and should be able to get a free stamp on arival for a 30 day stay. Then, just before the 30 day stamp expires, go across the border to Laos. Get a 60 day tourist visa there and return (should be free until March 2010). I believe you can extend that 60 day visa in Thailand at the immigration nearest you for another 30 days.

The other way is to get a free 60 day tourist visa before you leave the U.K. for Thailand from the Thai consulate. Then you can extend that for 30 days in Thailand. That gives you 90 days.

Either way you can get at least 90 days in Thailand.

And finally if you want to go the 'big time" route you can try to get a one year multi-entry visa from Hull. But that isn't free, it costs. I can't remeber if it costs 100 or 200 pounds now. Contact them or go to their website and you can download all the forms required. As "reason to visit Thailand" use "to live with friends and/or relatives" as the reason. You can mail them your passport and pay for return mail. Do this before you leave for Thailand. With a 3 entry visa, you can do 90 days each time. Each time you leave Thailand and re-enter use one of the entrys. With 30 day extensions on each stay you can stretch it out to over a year, for that triple entry.

:D

Moved to Thai Visas.

Yeah cheers for that,,,,,,I knew whatever post I put it in it would be wrong,,, I was gonna post in visa sction but I was sure someone would view this as only a travel post as I am onl looking for 3 to 8 weeks max ,,,,,nevermind.

Cheers for the help ,,,,,,,in a previous life I used the 1 year jobby from Hull and it worked well.

There are at least two ways to do it.

First you can go to Thailand and should be able to get a free stamp on arival for a 30 day stay.

If staying for longer than 30 days you need a Visa or the airline can refuse you entry to the flight.

Obtain a Tourist Visa from your local Thai Embassy/Consulate

just before departure. That will give you a 60 day stay

which should meet your requirements, without any need

for border runs.

If you think that there will be a need for more than one trip in the year

then a multi-entry Non Imm O visa from Hull, Birmingham or Cardiff will be your best bet.

Obtain a Tourist Visa from your local Thai Embassy/Consulate

just before departure. That will give you a 60 day stay

which should meet your requirements, without any need

for border runs.

If you think that there will be a need for more than one trip in the year

then a multi-entry Non Imm O visa from Hull, Birmingham or Cardiff will be your best bet.

Cheers matey 60 days max in the LOS will be plenty for me ,,,,,,, luvley jubbly,,,,,,, the best of both worlds , with not too much aggro,, my new employer I am now working for is more than willing to let me have a couple of months off , Jan Feb March time ,, it suits him and it sure suits us,,,,,,, nice to have xmas with the grandchildren in the UK then look forward to a good warm up when the dismal UK weather is in full flow,, and its not too hot or wet in the LOS ,,,,,cheers everyone