Good Vet In San Sai Area

lukeskywalker

I'm new to the area and it is time for my dog's 3 month shots and check-up, and I'm looking for a good vet who has reasonable prices and takes a genuine concern for the animals. I'm living in San Sai near Payap Uni. but will be willing to drive a little bit further to see a vet that I can trust and doesn't overcharge a farang.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Luke

San Sai Thong Animal Hospital. Wonderful vets, a couple, both graduated from Chula and speak English very well.

They are located along the intersection of the middle ringroad and the Doi Saket road.

When coming from town, heading direction Doi Saket, take a left at this intersection. On your left you will see townhouses. It's the 2nd or 3rd house on the right of these townhouses.

The telephone number is: 053 - 880063 or 086 730 2207 They are open from 8 am till 8pm everyday.

Like Nienke said, San Sai Thong Animal Hospital. Dr. A (Mo Aaa) I think is the only doctor. During the day he is at the animal hospital and he does not get to his clinic until around 18:00 in the evening. I pass by there all the time and have never seen it open during the day.

Edited by elektrified

I think you are confusing it with another clinic. I forgot the names of the doctors at SST, but they are husband and wife and most of the time there, unless they are bringing their son to school or are on house visits. But then even, more often than not one of them is still at the clinic.

Behind Carrefour there's also an animal hospital. I have never been there, but several customers didn't had good experiences.

Opposite the Sansai market there is another clinic. The last time I was there was at least 8 years ago.

There seems to be one more on the Sansai road (nr. 1001), run by Dr. A and his wife. If that's the same Dr. A (Dr. Piyapong) you are talking about, then during the day he is at work at Ban Mha ka Meaw till 6pm. I never figured out where his clinic is, though.

I think you are confusing it with another clinic. I forgot the names of the doctors at SST, but they are husband and wife and most of the time there, unless they are bringing their son to school or are on house visits. But then even, more often than not one of them is still at the clinic.

Behind Carrefour there's also an animal hospital. I have never been there, but several customers didn't had good experiences.

Opposite the Sansai market there is another clinic. The last time I was there was at least 8 years ago.

There seems to be one more on the Sansai road (nr. 1001), run by Dr. A and his wife. If that's the same Dr. A (Dr. Piyapong) you are talking about, then during the day he is at work at Ban Mha ka Meaw till 6pm. I never figured out where his clinic is, though.

Yes, forgive me. You are absolutely correct. I forget the other doctors names too (the husband and wife with the little boy). I was not aware that either one of them spoke English...

I was a little confused with the directions. Dr. A's office (from Ban Mha ka Meaw) is on the road where the Sansai Post Office and the Amphur is - the 2nd or 3rd set of Town Houses on your left as you are heading towards the Post Office and have passed the road where the Tesco Lotus is - if that makes sense.... I think Dr. A is much better, personally. I can't find the number for his clinic but you could call him at Ban Mha ka Meaw Hospital and arrange to meet him at his clinic.

I like Ban Ma Ka Maew and the young woman doctor who did vet school at Kansas State University, USA. (forget her name, Iv'e got it written down somewhere) Totally fluent English, caring and an excellent surgeon from what I witnessed with my dog a few years ago. He got torn up in a fight once, a scrappy little BK mix who will take on 5 dogs at a time and come out of it without a scratch, but he met his match with two big village soi dogs that time. It's worth the trip for anything serious or if you want really thorough English Q & A explanations.

In Mae Jo there are two clinics, the one we like for routine stuff is near the main 3 way intersection, across from the south entrance to MJU, but closer to the main hwy through town, near the green 'Chiang Mai -Phrao' highway direction sign. There is a young woman doctor who speaks some English and is very caring and thorough. She spayed our young cat and does the annual dog and cat vaccines. don